• 6(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
@buffalofloyd - thx mate Smile

@bluray - great thx. Trying not to confuse users either - many threads pop up about various audio issues - just want to try channel them to the appropriate support threads. I have added a note as well to the first post. I see the download link still goes to my github page lol.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-08-29, 05:38)DDDamian Wrote: I see the download link still goes to my github page lol.
There is no denie that it is the version you generated, and the download link clearly stated it.....Nod

I like to stick to what work.......Big Grin

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi All
I need your help..

First of all my system
Amd/Ati raedon hd3200
CPU AMD
Last Catalyst 12.6
XBMC Eden 11.0
AV receiver Onkyo nr809

I tried many times .. and you can see the result in the attached image

could you tell me the steps that i must to follow?

Google "EDID override Onkyo" and look for a thread over avsforums.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-08-29, 19:32)Hetfiled Wrote: Amd/Ati raedon hd3200
Your bottleneck is HD3200....it doesn't support bitstreaming TrueHD/DTS-MA audio.....you'll need at least HD 5000 series.....

Since you have a very expensive AVR, you might want to consider upgrade your GPU to fully utilize it....

(2012-08-29, 23:23)bluray Wrote:
Your bottleneck is HD3200....

Good catch bluray

(2012-08-29, 23:59)DDDamian Wrote: Good catch bluray

sorry.. i don't have understand

Your bottleneck is HD3200....it doesn't support bitstreaming TrueHD/DTS-MA audio.....you'll need at least HD 5000 series.....

Since you have a very expensive AVR, you might want to consider upgrade your GPU to fully utilize it....

at the moment I'm buying the new speakers .... Smile

but you can suggest me a graphic card (low profile) that could be inside on my antec fusion ?

(2012-08-30, 09:43)Hetfiled Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 23:59)DDDamian Wrote: Good catch bluray

sorry.. i don't have understand

at the moment I'm buying the new speakers .... Smile

but you can suggest me a graphic card (low profile) that could be inside on my antec fusion ?
One of these discrete GPU's should be great for HTPC- MSI R6570-MD1G/LP Radeon HD 6570 1GB or EVGA 01G-P3-1335-KR GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB
Hello Bluray
noted.. the (winter) christmas is coming Wink

another question...

I have some multi channel music files (.wav - 1141 kbps), and when I play it, xbmc resamples in 2 channels.

why?
Hi Bluray,

I just watched E.T. on Blu Ray and I noticed as well that XBMC is showing it as DTS-HD MA 5.1 instead of 7.1.

Do you perhaps know if there is already a solution for this? I have configured it as shown on page 1.

Thanks for your help.

-ATI HD 6450 videocard
-Denon 1912 Receiver
(2012-10-05, 17:14)smuller Wrote: Hi Bluray,

I just watched E.T. on Blu Ray and I noticed as well that XBMC is showing it as DTS-HD MA 5.1 instead of 7.1.

Do you perhaps know if there is already a solution for this? I have configured it as shown on page 1.

Thanks for your help.

-ATI HD 6450 videocard
-Denon 1912 Receiver
Is your blu-ray disc 7.1? You might want to verify it with "MediaInfo"....

I mentioned having the same problem back on page 2 or 3. However, I ended up verifying that I was indeed getting 7.1 sound. It's just that the indicator in XBMC doesn't display correctly.
(2012-10-05, 19:30)espylacopa Wrote: I mentioned having the same problem back on page 2 or 3. However, I ended up verifying that I was indeed getting 7.1 sound. It's just that the indicator in XBMC doesn't display correctly.
Okay....have you try the latest nightly- XBMC File Repository - Mirror List.....

Hey bluray,
I've been using your guides to bitstreaming for quite a while now (from the first DS builds)
I built a HTPC based around the A6-3500 to go together with my yamaha rx-v667 and my Epson TW9000 projector.
I spent hours getting the correct parts and everything is working
- bitstreaming
- wake from s5
- wake from s5 with harmony
- etc etc

I just have two issues that I've been wondering about if you have them too with the A6-3500.
1. Using the HTPC to play music without the projector turned on does not work.
Quote:First i had the issue that after 5 minutes or so the sound went away and when connecting via remote desktop i saw the HDMI audio going to "not plugged in". I did an EDID override so win7 would recognize my rx v667 but that made it worse. Now there is no sound, not even for the first few minutes
2. I cannot run windows in 1080p@60hz. I mean, I can, but it behaves weird. see below
Quote:When I boot up my pc in 1080p@60hz, all is fine
The TW9000 reports to be working at [email protected]
Then when I open certain things (control panel, gmail, tweakers.net, context menu in explorer,...) the resolution somehow changes, the screen glitches and my projector will go (very briefly) into the not supported mode. It goes too fast to read but it says something like
- Not supported resolution: H:60,1777 V:161,875
The the screen goes blank until I ALT+F4 the running app.
It does not do this in 720p@60, 1080i@30 and 1080p@24
It also does this when bypassing the AVR
It does not do this when the applications are not full screen (I think)
It does not do this with XBMC (real fullscreen or windowed fullscreen)

Do you have any of these? I'm really on the verge of buying a 520 card and hope for the best
@daffeh,
Unfortunately, it need to detect the entire string for it to work. I don't have this issue with my AMD and Nvidia GPU's. I selected the recommened Windows resoltution and selected the same resolutions in XBMC.....I enabled window fullscreen in XBMC too......
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8