• 2(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
Hi Everyone,

I need your advice/help.

When I followed your steps in your first post, I still couldn't bitstream HD audio with XMBC 11 + Hd audio.
So I installed XMBC + AE final and my AVR finally blinks the TrueHD audio + DTS HD-MA logo. Unfortunately the video and sounds just stutters constantly.

What am I doing wrong? (if I need to provide more info, let me know ;-) )

I've installed the following
- Windows 7 ultimate x64
- ATI CCC 11.12 (and later on 12.6)
- ATI HDMI driver from the Realtek website which you've provided (High definition Audio codec)
- XBMC + AE final

HTPC specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H
Cpu: AMD A6-3500
Ram: Kingston 4GB
SSD Samsung 64 Gb

AVR: Sony STR-DA5300ES
@Jayant....

I haven't try the latest XBMC+AE. I know some version of Nightly builds I tried were stuttering, but the HD audio version in the first post work fine for me.

Have you try these configurations?

1. Enable DXVA2 and use DXVA as renther method, but disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
2. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-07-01, 13:21)JayantSparda Wrote: When I followed your steps in your first post, I still couldn't bitstream HD audio with XMBC 11 + Hd audio.
So I installed XMBC + AE final and my AVR finally blinks the TrueHD audio + DTS HD-MA logo. Unfortunately the video and sounds just stutters constantly.

What am I doing wrong? (if I need to provide more info, let me know ;-) )

Under System -> Audio Output Device, did you select the WASAPI output option or the Direct Sound option. IIRC I think the Direct Sound option made my video stutter as well. So switch over the the WASAPI version. If that is not your problem here, then I don't know. Confused

(2012-07-01, 18:54)espylacopa Wrote: So switch over the the WASAPI version.
If he checked out my screen shot in the 1st post, he might have selected WASAPI because it is clearly show in the screen shot......

Thumbs Up 
HI Blu,

I re-installed windows 7 again and followed steps again.
This time I disabled the options which you've described and now bitstreaming TrueHD and DTS-HD MA finally works.

I can finally now watch my movies again with great sound quality.

Many thanks Bluf for your patience and wonderful guide Big Grin
And thank you as well Espylacopa for your prompt reply Wink
(2012-07-01, 22:01)JayantSparda Wrote: Many thanks Bluf for your patience and wonderful guide Big Grin
It's good to see Big Grin at the end.......

haha oops..made a typo from all the excitement Rofl..sorry Blu Wink

(2012-07-02, 03:01)bluray Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 22:01)JayantSparda Wrote: Many thanks Bluf for your patience and wonderful guide Big Grin
It's good to see Big Grin at the end.......

Hey Blu

Youre at the top of your game once again.

Just a question, what is the difference between this version and the AE version?

Regards
(2012-07-03, 22:17)getafix Wrote: Hey Blu

Youre at the top of your game once again.

Just a question, what is the difference between this version and the AE version?

Regards
I honestly haven't try the latest AE.....from what I read, it'll be implimmented with the new version of XBMC.....

Since the version in the first post work great, I stick with it for now. I tried the nightly build and it suppose to include AE. It was stuttering on my HTPC...

Can someone please help me to get Bitstreaming working on my setup.
Intel i3 2120
ASRock B75M
Intel HD 2000 graphics installed.
Onkyo TX-NR579

I install the XBMC version from the start of this guide, configure XBMC Audio output as per the picture.

But when I play a movie with DTS HD-MA or TrueHD my Onkyo receiver doesn't play any sound and the video is very laggy, like in slow motion, and I get an error message as per my below pictures.
I can play a movie with regular DTS or Dolby Digital OK with no lag issues.

Below are a few snapshots of my system and the error message I get.

The normal DTS and Dolby Digital sound work no matter which configuration I use that is below.
Playing DTS HD-MA and TrueHD doesn't work no matter which configuration below I use.

(2012-07-07, 08:08)AltecDK Wrote: Can someone please help me to get Bitstreaming working on my setup.
Intel i3 2120
ASRock B75M
Onkyo TX-NR579
For Intel iGPU, you can do these-

1. Install the latest Intel driver- Check your system for the latest updates
2. Install- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver]Intel Magagement Engine Interface Driver
3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
5. Select "High Performance" power option in W7 control panel
6. Turn off UAC "Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7"
7. Configure TX-NR579 to pass-through video

If you are still having problem bitstreaming after you did all the above, you can try Realtek codec- High Definition Audio Codecs.....

(2012-07-07, 17:51)bluray Wrote:
(2012-07-07, 08:08)AltecDK Wrote: Can someone please help me to get Bitstreaming working on my setup.
Intel i3 2120
ASRock B75M
Onkyo TX-NR579
For Intel iGPU, you can do these-

2. Install- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver]Intel Magagement Engine Interface Driver
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
5. Select "High Performance" power option in W7 control panel
6. Turn off UAC "Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7"
7. Configure TX-NR579 to pass-through video

If you are still having problem bitstreaming after you did all the above, you can try Realtek codec- High Definition Audio Codecs.....

Hello,

Thanks you very much for your reply.

I completed all the steps you listed above but I still get laggy/slow motion video playback and the check audiosettings error.
With the movies, Avatar for example, If I change the audio from the DTS HD-MA stream to the Dolby Digital the movie with play 100% fine but as soon as I change back to the DTS HD-MA stream the video stutters with no sound.

Any other steps I can take?
Using currently XBMC-12.0-Frodo_alpha3. It also can bitstream HD audio and play Blu-Ray files. In your opinion, which version is better ?
XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio (with all BluRay add-on) and Frodo alpha ?

Thanks,
(2012-07-19, 05:16)bhumdech Wrote: Using currently XBMC-12.0-Frodo_alpha3. It also can bitstream HD audio and play Blu-Ray files. In your opinion, which version is better ?
XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio (with all BluRay add-on) and Frodo alpha ?

Thanks,

I'd have to go with Frodo A3. One major improvement (at least on my system), is when pausing and resuming a file w/HD audio, the sound resumes immediately, instead of a couple seconds later as it did with the Eden final HD audio patch version.
There are other non-audio-related improvements as well, although i have yet to mess with them. Namely - the custom video nodes addition.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-07-08, 07:11)AltecDK Wrote: Hello,

Thanks you very much for your reply.

I completed all the steps you listed above but I still get laggy/slow motion video playback and the check audiosettings error.
With the movies, Avatar for example, If I change the audio from the DTS HD-MA stream to the Dolby Digital the movie with play 100% fine but as soon as I change back to the DTS HD-MA stream the video stutters with no sound.

Any other steps I can take?
Usually the steps below will take care of Intel stuttering issues-

and this "High Definition Audio Codecs....." take care of the audio problem.....

You might want to give latest nightly "XBMCSetup-20120718-9701022-master.exe" a try.....
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8