• 4(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
(2012-08-03, 14:46)charlie0440 Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 20:39)Skank Wrote: So hd-audio is not possible with openelec? Only with windows?

Where did you hear that. You can bitstream with the alpha xbmcbuntu and frodo openelec builds.

Here in this forum Wink
Is that frodo openelec build a bit stable?
hey bluray just want to ask if the Marantz NR1602/N1B 7.1 would work? if so what are your thoughts on this AVR?
Thanx man
(2012-08-08, 15:45)ibramadhan Wrote: hey bluray just want to ask if the Marantz NR1602/N1B 7.1 would work? if so what are your thoughts on this AVR?
Thanx man
Sorry, I never own a Marantz but it should work. It seem to include all the modern technologies in it.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Perfect thanks man,
Just another quick question, going to ungrade my intagated graphics as well , and reading around the forums you seem to be informed, what are your thoughts on the Asus 6450? seeing the i only have a 200w picopsu to fit my case, i am struggling. what are your thoughts bro.

Also would that card work for all hd playback maybe even 3d?
(2012-08-09, 15:46)ibramadhan Wrote: Also would that card work for all hd playback maybe even 3d?
Yes, it'll playback everything.....200W Pico should be enough to add a low power HD6450 discrete GPU......if it is not enough, you can always replace a PSU later....

Thanks
Hey sorry for asking so many questions, last one. been doing a bit of research and the evga gt 430 seem way better and more what i need for Bitstreaming and 1080i playback, now my only concern is the 200w picopsu,
i have an i3 2100.

I should be fine right?
Just want a second opinion before i purchase it.

Thanks again
(2012-08-09, 22:07)ibramadhan Wrote: Hey sorry for asking so many questions, last one. been doing a bit of research and the evga gt 430 seem way better and more what i need for Bitstreaming and 1080i playback, now my only concern is the 200w picopsu,
i have an i3 2100.

I should be fine right?
Just want a second opinion before i purchase it.

Thanks again
I answered this in another thread too. 200W pico should be enough for i3+GT430.....I doubt that i3 will ever reach the 65W TDP with blu-ray playback and I doubt that you can max out GT430 at 60W TDP with blu-ray playback either....

This place "ZOTAC Z68ITX-B-E Mini-ITX PC Kit, Intel Core i3-2100, Z68 Express, GeForce GT 430, WI-FI" is selling their i3+GT430 HTPC with PicoPSU-160-XT: 160W Mini DC-DC Power Supply-------

Which version is more stable for bitstream and playback?
HDAudio + Eden RC2 or Finale.
I noticed that buray said to use RC2, so I'm assuming this is a preferred version...
(2012-08-13, 15:28)Julestop Wrote: Which version is more stable for bitstream and playback?
HDAudio + Eden RC2 or Finale.
I noticed that buray said to use RC2, so I'm assuming this is a preferred version...
The version I listed in the first post is the one I'm using, and it is working great so far.....

Info on this is spread all over the forum

First you have the version on the first post here...
Second you have DanielaE's version (even2) here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877 (first post)
Third you have DDamian's version also here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877 (but second post)

So how do newbies find the right way?

I'm about to install xbmc too and i want to get a nice clean install... but this things confuses people.........
(in fact i think the whole forum should get stickys that are updated with latest stuff) instead of making more topics about the same thing with different links
I agree.

I just built my first HTPC last week. I just came off the Boxee Box and was fed up with their lack of bugless bitstreaming. I NEED HD Audio. Like bluray says "I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio.......".
But I bought into Boxees' promises for a while, no more though. But now, I'm having serious issues getting bitstreaming to work on my HTPC. Hovever, I posted on a different thread where bulray and jjd-uk gave me some good advice. So I'm gonna try those ideas out. But for someone like me, who is a newbie with HTPCs and XBMC, it would be helpful to have one consolidated master guide (which preferably would be accessible from the XBMC website).

The things is, I never posted on a forum till I gave up on trying to solve my problem on my own. If there was one, consolidated, detailed guide, which is easy to find... that would be helpful.

Anyhow, my 2 cents. Otherwise, people on the forum are super helpful.
(2012-08-13, 16:37)Skank Wrote: So how do newbies find the right way?
Since you are in this thread, you can simply follow the instruction in post #1 of this thread. If there is any issue, you can ask for help in here.........

(2012-08-13, 21:29)Julestop Wrote: I just built my first HTPC last week. I just came off the Boxee Box and was fed up with their lack of bugless bitstreaming.
I returned Boxee Box since it first come out. It has serious problem with HD audio dropout.

(2012-08-13, 21:29)Julestop Wrote: But for someone like me, who is a newbie with HTPCs and XBMC, it would be helpful to have one consolidated master guide (which preferably would be accessible from the XBMC website).
The guide for this thread is included in the first post. If you have any question or could not get it to bitstream after followed the instruction in the 1st post, you can ask for help in here.....

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8