• 15(current)
Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
(2013-02-09, 09:00)Michaehm Wrote: panel and XBMC audio output?
Cannot view your image....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I'm gathering this may not work, but figured I would ask.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1014 that does not have HDMI in or out. So, I currently go HDMI -> TV -> Toslink -> AVR. Is it at all possible to still bitstream this way?

Thanks.
(2013-02-14, 23:34)constantcarnage Wrote: I'm gathering this may not work, but figured I would ask.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1014 that does not have HDMI in or out. So, I currently go HDMI -> TV -> Toslink -> AVR. Is it at all possible to still bitstream this way?

Thanks.
Not DTS-HD and TrueHD audio....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-02-14, 23:34)constantcarnage Wrote: I'm gathering this may not work, but figured I would ask.

Thanks.

I guess you do it that way because your HTPC doesn't have any Optical out. If it has optical out, you would be much better doing PC HDMI -> TV and PC Optical - > TV
(2013-02-15, 11:57)PatrickVogeli Wrote:

Thanks.

I guess you do it that way because your HTPC doesn't have any Optical out. If it has optical out, you would be much better doing PC HDMI -> TV and PC Optical - > TV

Yeah, the optical out from the TV to AVR is, I thought, just a passthrough for the audio being transmitted over HDMI. I don't think there's an optical in on the TV. Did you mean to say go PC HDMI -> TV, PC Optical -> AVR? Rather than trying to pass through the TV?
(2013-02-15, 22:55)constantcarnage Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 11:57)PatrickVogeli Wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah, the optical out from the TV to AVR is, I thought, just a passthrough for the audio being transmitted over HDMI. I don't think there's an optical in on the TV. Did you mean to say go PC HDMI -> TV, PC Optical -> AVR? Rather than trying to pass through the TV?

Passing through the TV you're highly unlikely to get any bitstreaming as most TV's only accept Stereo LPCM on their HDMI input.
(2013-02-15, 23:23)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 22:55)constantcarnage Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 11:57)PatrickVogeli Wrote: I guess you do it that way because your HTPC doesn't have any Optical out. If it has optical out, you would be much better doing PC HDMI -> TV and PC Optical - > TV

Passing through the TV you're highly unlikely to get any bitstreaming as most TV's only accept Stereo LPCM on their HDMI input.

Ah.. that would explain it. Thanks!
Hi all,

Quick question RE bit streaming...i have a HTPC with a built in realtek sound card and i have a logitech z5500 system. My questions is simple, can i get XBMC/Windows to decode DTS HD MA and the rest of it and send that over 6 channel analog to the logitech z5500 thus accomplishing bit streaming?

I have read in many places that this may be possible using certain cards and software but my questions relate directly XBMC and if its possible to do this as i dont have an AVR.

Thanks in advance.
I can read in the first post :

Quote:Enable DXVA2 with "Auto Detect" as Render Method and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback (Note: if you are using Intel iGPU, you need to disable DXVA2 and select Software as Renderer Method)

My HTPC/NAS run a core i3 3225 with IGPU HD4000 and I don't need to "select Software Renderer", my AVR receives DTS and even MA audio and display the signal type on its front panel.

Isn't that statement outdated? or maybe I miss something? Huh
(2013-05-09, 17:53)true_devil Wrote: Hi all,

Quick question RE bit streaming...i have a HTPC with a built in realtek sound card and i have a logitech z5500 system. My questions is simple, can i get XBMC/Windows to decode DTS HD MA and the rest of it and send that over 6 channel analog to the logitech z5500 thus accomplishing bit streaming?

I have read in many places that this may be possible using certain cards and software but my questions relate directly XBMC and if its possible to do this as i dont have an AVR.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you understand what bit streaming is.. It is the passing through of audio untouched to the receiving amp done via hdmi
Hi everyone,

One question about my set up:
I can't play Dolby HD file on my XBMC. Movies are lagging and no sound comes out at all.
When I deactivate the DTS in XBMC system audio settings (to chose receiver not DTS HD capable) then movie works fine.

My config:
Zotac ID 63 (i3)
XBMC Gotham
Ampli: Onkyo TX - NR 626 (used in 5.1 config)

Any ideas guys?

Thanks a lot for your help!

P.S: All other movies in simple DTS works all fine)
I forgot to mention, I run on Windows 7
Hi everyone,

Problem solved!

I just missed to configure my XBMC audio settings in WASAPI!
Of course the DTS-HD works only with WASAPI enabled and will not work with Direct sound.

It always sounds obvious when you have the answer, doesn't it? Big Grin

Now I can enjoy u-571 in DTS HD! Wink
Thanks !
I am Nooby here. I setup my XBMC and run through my Pioneer Receiver 1020-AHX. I follow all the instructions here and able to hear the 5.1 setup. Everytime i stream movie (1080p), my receiver shows PCM. Is that correct instead of showing DTS, HD MA? Thanks for the advice.
Are you sure what you are streaming are 5.1 files? Even if is 1080p or blue-Ray It will only stream in 5.1 if the stream says that it's 5.1, DD, or DTS.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8