Is there a cache that I can clear for folder.jpg?
Hi, just making some changes to my genre folder.jpgs in my music files, but XBMC just shows the old one (if that is a feature, its really not needed). Is there a clear cache setting some where?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Come one at least a dev could give me an answer?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Remember: XBMC forum is international, so it may take a couple days to get an answer (it may take more than 24 hours before someone who knows the answer even reads your thread). Be patient, and if not answered for a few days, politely bump.

I'm assuming you're browsing your filesystem, and have your music organised as music/genre/artist/album/song ?

If so, your only option is to remove the cached images from the thumbnail folder in userdata The easiest way to do this without deleting everything is to browse the folder using XBMC's filemanager - you should be able to see each thumb well enough to make out which ones you need to delete.

The music thumbs aren't yet using the new texturecache (otherwise this would be unnecessary).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi, theres a music folder under thumbs, and a-z of folders, which one would it be in? file manager also just shows me a file list no thumb view
There's not an a-z of folders at all. There's 0-9,a-f. It'll obviously be in one of them, try them one by one. Depending on the skin, they may show the thumb in the list.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok well since windows wont show thumbs of tbn files, and neither will xbmc then this is pretty much useless. Thanks for helping all the same though.
As JM noted... the internal file manager will view your thumbnails... (it's true I just tried it) but it's not an easy solution. I'm not a big XBMC music fan, so it's not clear to me what you want changed. ON a PC running windows 7.. the music genre folder is located C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin_your skin\media\foldericons\genre\music but this material may be locked up in a textures file in your skins folder. Then the hunt is on for the image in the thumbnails...

there is a patch that allows windows to see them directly. (thumbs are merely a standard image file renamed)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81319
I just deleted all of the 0-9 etc folders and solved it. A great pain in the ass this is though. My media is stored on the same pc, so perhaps future versions of xbmc could include an option not to make it's own thumbs instead of wasting Gbs of space on the os drive.
edit
Context -> Album Info -> Get Thumb?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a cache that I can clear for folder.jpg?0