OS X MC270LL/A + NVIDIA GeForce 320M
I am planning to buy the subject mac mini with the express purpose of installing XBMC (and mythbox addons).

My question:

1. Does it matter if came with OSX 10.6.3 or 10.6.4? I see lots of discussions about compatibility issues
2. Can it play OTA HD content from mythtv recordings? Meaning does it have enough juice?
3. The reason I am not going with 2011 model is because I believe GEFORCE 320M is better for video playback - Correct me if I am wrong
4. If have the ORIGINAL installation disk for 10.6.3 is it easy to downgrade from any version to 10.6.3?

Thanks
1. Not that I know of
2. Yes, it should be able to handle it
3. I've heard there are strange issues with some GPU configurations of the 2011 model, but I don't know the full details on it. Your model is more than enough to be a powerful XBMC machine, though.
4. Very easy.
Thank you Ned.

Others please chime in....
I have ordered 2.66 ghz - 8 gb memory MC270LL/A with 320gb HD and GEFORCE 320M from ebay - Hopefully XBMC will install painlessly!
Those are better specs than my 2009 MBP, and it runs XBMC like butter. I think you'll be very happy :)
Comforting to hear Ned - Got it for a good price $440 - Hopefully it is functional and good

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MC270LL/A + NVIDIA GeForce 320M0