JSON menu navigation
Hi, this is my first post here.
XBMC is a great thing ! I'm loving it Smile

I want to develop a xbmc plugin for LCD smartie.
Providing an Interface to use XBMC without Monitor, just an 4x20Char LCD.
I can get all the media information very well. But i'm having trouble to get the menu navigation.
Is there a possibility to get the menu info via json? So i can see where i am currently.

I Want to Display it on the LCD like the following:

Code:
|   XBMC       |
|-TV-Shows     |
|-Movies <---- |
|-Settings     |

Can you help me?

Owel
Using JSON-RPC getting the label of the currently selected item in the GUI is possible through XBMC.GetInfoLabels using the System.CurrentControl label but I don't really recommend using it as XBMC.GetInfoLabels is deprecated. Getting the labels of any other GUI items is not really possible through JSON-RPC and I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be ever available.

AFAIK xbmc already has some LCD support (for linux at least) so it might be worth looking at if it is possible to tap into that part of the code.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
You are also welcome to tap into this code as well. It was my start to isolate lcd support out into an addon. But its not really a thing i personally would bring forward to. So if you want Wink

https://github.com/Memphiz/script.xbmc.lcd
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ah OK,
The Problem is, I'm using a Windows machine. Linux is not an option because I use Eventghost which is a Windows only tool. As far as I see, you are using "LCDProc" for your LCD support.
On Windows I want to use "LCD smartie", and i already have a working addon with JSON-RPC for this tool. The only thing is missing, is this GUI thing. Are there any other possibilities to get the GUI information?

Owel

Edit1: But is it possible to get these GUI Info thorugh an Addon? LCDsmartie is able to get information through a Socket. So this looks like a possible solution...
What do you mean?

Edit2: is it possible to get the GUI Info through the old HTTP Interface?
I absolutely know that there is no way through JSON-RPC and HTTP-API to get anything else than the label of the current window and the current label. I'm not 100% if this applies to addons as well but I think it does. So you'd be stuck with only being able to display the label of the currently active item/button/...
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Mhm.....
Better than nothing, i will try ...
Any progress on this, Owel? I have a Nmedia 2x20 LCD that I've never been able to work with XBMC Sad
nope, no progress.
There are other construction zones with higher priority

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON menu navigation0