Linux Script subtitles failed
Hello,
I have problem with run subtitles to xbmc on ubuntu. When I run subtitles on movie I get error of the script. I tried:
a) completely uninstall xbmc with clear .xbmc directory,
b) install xbmc 12 (before that I had a version 11)
c) uninstall and install subtitles add-on
d) change skin's
I had no idea...please help me....
[/code][/quote]
Log:
Code:
Starting XBMC (12.0-RC2 Git:8e45737), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, 3.2.0-35-generic x86_64). Built on Dec 20 2012

(...)

6:22:59 T:140507211839360    INFO: initializing python engine.
16:22:59 T:140507211839360   DEBUG: new python thread created. id=6
16:22:59 T:140505620907776  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
16:22:59 T:140505620907776   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
16:22:59 T:140505620907776  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
16:22:59 T:140505620907776   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py
16:22:59 T:140505620907776   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.t0mm0.common/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/resources/lib/wunderground:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.myconnpy/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.beautifulsoup/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.urlresolver/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.metahandler/lib:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gst-0.10:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntu-sso-client:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-client:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-control-panel:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-couch:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntuone-storage-protocol:
16:22:59 T:140505620907776   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles
16:22:59 T:140505620907776   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.xbmc.subtitles" dependent on version 2.1 of the xbmc.python api
16:22:59 T:140505620907776   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named source
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                import gui
                                              File "gui.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                import source as src
                                            ImportError: No module named source
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:22:59 T:140507211839360   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:22:59 T:140505620907776    INFO: Python script stopped
16:22:59 T:140505620907776   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 140505620907776 terminating
16:22:59 T:140507211839360   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 6 to stop
16:22:59 T:140507211839360   DEBUG: python thread 6 destructed
Proper Debug Log
My debug log

Log
don't ask me how, but things are pretty messed up at your end.

the subtitles script does not have this code:
'import source as src'

the only addon that uses that specific line of code is the tvguide script.

so it looks like both addons ended up in the subtitles directory?

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I check program's addon's, I haven't installed tvguide.
Now I have new ver xbmc (12), which was installed after I deleted all in .xbmc home directory
check if this file exists:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/gui.py

if it's there, please paste it.

next, check if this file exists:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/gui.py

again, please put it on pastebin if it's exists.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Only file in
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib
gui.py
I search files gui.py, this is result:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.weeb.tv/gui.py
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/gui.py
/usr/share/pyshared/ubuntu-sso-client/ubuntu_sso/gtk/gui.py
/usr/share/system-config-printer/gui.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ubuntu-sso-client/ubuntu_sso/gtk/gui.py

I found another one in /home/xbmc and deleted it.

And now I have another error in log, any sugestion,maybe wrong path anywhere?

Quote: File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py", line 22, in <module>
import gui
File "gui.py", line 27, in <module>
def on_run( self ):
ImportError: No module named source
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2012-12-29, 20:26)loso Wrote: I found another one in /home/xbmc and deleted it.

ah, could it be you ever manually unzipped an addon to /home/xbmc ?

are there any other .py files in /home/xbmc ?
or addon.xml file or /home/xbmc/resources folder?
It's my files in /home/xbmc

Quote:find . -name gui.py
./.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.weeb.tv/gui.py
./.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/gui.py

And I have only addons.xml in ./xbmc/addons from any addon's

For test I again deleted .xbmc and came back to xbmc 11, install subtitles from repo and I had the same error on subtitles addon.[/quote]
i mean directly at the root of /home/xbmc

so:
/home/xbmc/addon.xml
/home/xbmc/*.py
/home/xbmc/*.pyc
/home/xbmc/recourses

Thank you, very much...
I have default.py and gui.pyc at /home/xbmc and that was a reason
Ehhh
cool, glad you've got it sorted.

still strange xbmc is picking up those files.
will see if that's something we should fix at our side.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script subtitles failed0