Antec ISK 300-65 - Intel i3 build
(2012-04-14, 22:35)morfeus Wrote: Super, then all is ready...thursday i guess. Did i mention that I'm excited?! Heh Big Grin
Gonna be a long week...

Smile I feel you.... get ready to spend some hours doing it right! did you order an extra brick? or you sticking with the 65W?
(2012-04-15, 08:28)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 22:35)morfeus Wrote: Super, then all is ready...thursday i guess. Did i mention that I'm excited?! Heh Big Grin
Gonna be a long week...

Smiledid you order an extra brick? or you sticking with the 65W?
His 35W i3 should be fine with the included 65W.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-15, 18:58)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 08:28)Beer40oz Wrote:
Gonna be a long week...

Smiledid you order an extra brick? or you sticking with the 65W?
His 35W i3 should be fine with the included 65W.....

Oh alright I did not know he had a 35W cpu..... awsome..
Yep, starting with the 65w brick.
I know the 65w edition, is better, but I've got it running 24/7 (mailserver, webserver etc).
Therefor i had to try the 35w Smile For me, it will, no matter what, be a super performance boost (got an Asrock ION 330) Smile
I really hope, that I can show you guys some pics in the weekend, but the parts and case hasn't been shipped yet, to my dissapointment Sad
I really hope it will ship tommorow, so I can get it thursday, or at least friday, so I can spend weekend time, to set it up Smile
CoreELEC 19.3
LG OLED CX 65 - Yamaha RX-V775 . Dali Opticon 6.
(2012-04-17, 23:43)morfeus Wrote: I really hope it will ship tommorow, so I can get it thursday, or at least friday, so I can spend weekend time, to set it up Smile
Yes, waiting for parts is the hardest thing for DIY. This is why I like Amazon more than any internet store. I received most of my orders from them within two days.....and sometime the following day....!

35 W should be enough. Your setup is close to mine:
Case/PSU: Antec ISK 300-65 Black Steel Mini-ITX
CPU+iGPU: Intel Core i3-2100T Sandy Bridge 2.5GHz + HD2000 35W
MOBO: ZOTAC H67-ITX WiFi Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
HDD: 3 x Western Digital 500 GB Blue Scorpion in RAID-Z
SSD: Kingston Compact Flash 32GB Elite Pro 133x with a CF to SATA adaptor
RAM: OCZ Gold DDR3 1600MHz 2 x 2GB, CL8-8-8-20
TV-TUNER: Sundtek MediaTV Digital Home (DVB-CT) USB
OS: Mythbuntu 11.04 running MythTV backend, web server, VPN server and wireless access point in addition to a xbmc based HTPC.
The 65W brick is powerful enough for that setup. The 2000HD graphics is good enough for xbmc (is is not crysis after all). The video decoder is the same in the 2000HD and 3000HD. The only difference is the number of execution units (6 vs 12) but they are not used for video decoding.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
@tsp42-
Yes, 65W is plenty for the 35W i3-2100T. If it is i3-2105, it'll need 90W power brick........which I suggested to Morfeus, but he's going for the 35W i3-2100T. He'll be fine........
@bluray - Yep, I ordered at the best store in DK (I think), they haven't dissapointed me before. Mostly, they deliver before expected time. But, I'm just so eager right now Smile
2 days...and the following day, I really wish...that means tommorow Wink

@tsp42 - Whui, thanks for the info. Very happy to hear, that the 6 vs 12 units, dosen't affect the decoding. That I didn't know.
Do you have the stock cooler, or? Does the PCIe still have clearence? My setup is based on a nice CPU, an meeeh iGPU, hope it works in Linux, but if not, I'll have the option of a nice & cheap fanless Nvidia. The one flexibility that i wanted, the PCIe, with optional Nvidia, since I'm a Linux user.

@bluray - Hope you know, that I appreciate your advice very much. I might have to upgrade, with an Nvidia discrete card, if Intel dissapoints, and then I'll go for the 90w. It would fit perfectly then Smile
CoreELEC 19.3
Oh you from Denmark? I'm heading that way to live. I am taking my isk with me and my server..... lol what store do you shop for your gadgets? is one thing I am going to miss like newegg.com
You're most welcome here Beer Big Grin Where in Denmark are you going to live? (We've got great Beer here in DK Tongue )
gadget shop, mmm...I really don't shop gadgets, so I'm not the best to give you advice Wink
But the closest you get to newegg - is computersalg.dk in DK. The danish "pricerunner" , is edbpriser.dk for IT-things.
Hope you'll move here before summer...we've got a really lovely country, especially in the summer time. Cute girls all around to look at Tongue

CoreELEC 19.3
Yes tons of cute girls.... Smile too bad im married to a Dane... she will kick my butt!

WOW! computersalg.dk they have all the stuff too.... jaja I built mine here because I thought I would not be able to get it there.... lol
WOW!!!!! Everything is there..... from both my builds.... lol

I can just sell my server case and buy it there..... just take the internals..... sweet.....

Oh man where are the Antec Neo Eco power supply's

You know this is making me all happy Smile
(2012-04-18, 00:41)morfeus Wrote: @tsp42 - Whui, thanks for the info. Very happy to hear, that the 6 vs 12 units, dosen't affect the decoding. That I didn't know.
Do you have the stock cooler, or? Does the PCIe still have clearence? My setup is based on a nice CPU, an meeeh iGPU, hope it works in Linux, but if not, I'll have the option of a nice & cheap fanless Nvidia. The one flexibility that i wanted, the PCIe, with optional Nvidia, since I'm a Linux user.
Yes there is still space for a PCIe card but not double size. The cooler is rather small. You can see a picture of it here.

Beer40oz : You may want to compare the price before selling the old case. The 25% sales tax hurts.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
Yes tsp42..... but extra language hurts too!
Beer - That's a nice place, about 15-20 min from here. Hehe, hope it's not that bad, were generally very nice Smile
We've got almost everything here. It's only a matter of price & taxes Wink
Ahh, yes, it must be cheaper to sell the case. There's some (3-4kg?) to shape of the moving bill. You're actually only going to live ~8-10 min (car) from computersalg.dk Wink
When are you moving?

tsp42 - Heh, you've got that case stuffed, more than mine, but i get your point, after seeing it live.

A quick update:
Got parts yesterday, except the case. It arrived today, weeee Big Grin
I've assembled it now, and wow, that's one small piece of hardware.

I've taken some pictures setting it up, that I'll post, when the project is more finished.
I've been a Debian user for many years, but wanted to try Ubuntu, for better multimedia-package support. But Ubuntu 11.10 /11.11 wouldn't work with the chipset/ethernet (H67M-ITX) properly, so i tried my preferred, Debian testing, and boom...ethernet worked. Haven't got arround to installing XBMC yet. Ethernet problems is kind of a showstopper Wink
I'll test the new Ubuntu 12.04 beta tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know.
Have a great weekend Smile
CoreELEC 19.3
morfeus I plan to move hopefully by the end of the year!

Yes show us pics.... ain't the case so nice?
Maybe we can get some lunch some time? come on over and see my setup....

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Antec ISK 300-65 - Intel i3 build0