[XBMCBuntu] Problem Installing Transmission
I'm using XBMCBuntu on an Acer Revo 3600 (i686) and I can't install transmission. I've tried using sudo apt-get install transmission and also the synaptic package manager on the desktop but I get the same error both times. After trying to install I get the following message.

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
transmission : Depends: transmission-gtk (>= 2.33-0ubuntu2) but it is not installable or
                         transmission-qt (>= 2.33-0ubuntu2) but it is not installable or
                         transmission-cli (>= 2.33-0ubuntu2) but it is not installable
                Depends: transmission-common (>= 2.33-0ubuntu2) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I've searched both these forums and google looking for an answer but I can't find anybody who has had the same problem. I've also tried apt-get clean, apt-get -f install transmission, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade but nothing has worked. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I fixed this issue. It was a problem with apt. I followed the instructions in this link http://askubuntu.com/questions/82747/upd...ot-working which solved it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCBuntu] Problem Installing Transmission0