• 24(current)
Android Couch Forwarder - Couchpotato, Sickbeard, Headphones, Sabnzbd and Newznab
I am finding recently that either syncing the DB in couchpotato section, or scrolling down the list of movies will crash the app. Frustrating.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is Boris the dev for this? Haven't seen a reply here for a while.

I am experiencing the same problem as mentioned previously by others that sab works, sickbeard works (except banners for newly added shows even with no SSL), headphones appears to be working, but couchpotato test button appears to do nothing and the save button says it it connecting to check api then nothing further. If I go out of settings and open couch potato, it tries to sync and just gives the circle timer endlessly (left overnight with no change).
For the people who are having trouble with CouchPotato and Couch Forwarder, this is likely because you are on the develop branch of CP. There are some small changes to the api response, which needs to be also changed in Couch Forwarder.
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
Yeah I figured something like that, but is it going to be fixed? Kinda annoying to pay for software that is now broken.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,

I'm trying to get the app to work in my setup. I use a reverse proxy setup with SSL. I have an issues with couchpotato. When using the app to browse couchpotato, everything works. I can see the wanted list &c., but when adding a movie from the IMDB app, it fails.
Upon researching what happens, it seems the request made to couchpotato when adding from the IMDB app is a plain HTTP request instead of HTTPS. So the apache serve responds with a 400 (Bad Request) and the movie does not get added.
Also when reviewing other traffic from the app to apache, it seems every first request after starting the app is nog using HTTPS but plain HTTP.
Is this some kind of known issue, or could I be doing something wrong?

In the settings I enabled SSL, set the port to "443/couchpotato" (/couchpotato is the location in the resverseproxy setup).

Thanks,
Floris Jan
@fjgalesloot

Last time I checked, SSL wasn't working with couchpotato.

I also have the same setup for the last 2 years or something and it's exactly as you describe Smile
@ Ruudburger - I am still unable to access the CP via Couch forwarder. I am on version 2.4.0 of Couchpotato I don't think I am on a development branch. I'm on CF 2.6.1.6
Hi fjgalesloot and Kidlike, I also have a similar setup to the one you describe, mine is reverse proxied in IIS using port 433. I mentioned it earlier in this thread but the problem still exists. Would be great to have a workaround for this issue as it was a feature I used to use quite a lot.
Boris is this now abandonware? If so, can I have my money back please?
(2014-06-08, 08:22)nickr Wrote: Boris is this now abandonware? If so, can I have my money back please?

Does it not work now or something?
@ james86 - Correct. You may want to read the last couple pages if you are looking for details.
(2014-06-08, 14:21)Mad Medik Wrote: @ james86 - Correct. You may want to read the last couple pages if you are looking for details.

Working fine here. Couchpotato sometimes throws a force close but the majority of the time its great.
Here's hoping Boris comes back. I have that same problem others do - everything works except CouchPotato - I just get the spinning 'wait' circle.

In case this helps, here's some details:
- testing connection returns 'Success, your app uses the new API'. Pressing it twice and/or the save icon doesn't help.
- Sabnzbd and Sickbeard both work. They are configured with the same IP address
- I'm accessing my server from the Internet. All appropriate ports are forwarded (using port 5053 for CP)
- I've tried configuring it to use the intranet IP and use wifi to connect to the same network. Makes no difference.
- CouchPotato has a username and password configured for it on the server
- Android 4.4.2
- CouchPotato Version e75a8529 (17/7/2014 21:24:48) - running on Synology NAS DSM 5.0
- Not using SSL
- CouchForwarder version 2.6.1.6 build 86
@ BorisNL, could you add MovieGrabber support?

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=8569

MovieGrabber is what SickBeard is for series, fully automated downloads of movies, instead of CouchPotato where you still need to manually add movies you want to download...
It looks like Boris abandoned this. Is anyone else able to pick this up and make their own version?
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couch Forwarder - Couchpotato, Sickbeard, Headphones, Sabnzbd and Newznab3