Thoughts on a tuner for xbmc
Shocked 
I stumbled across Xbmc . Glad I did too. I. Have been in the market for a tv tuner. I really like the ceton . Now I am hesitant to buy with the lack off support and unable to record.. I would really like one app to do all on my htpc. Organize and list all covet art for all my different formats of movies stored. Play ,record ,live tv ,be able to let other pc s on network to access all information. Regardless of content. Is the possible ? I know about some of the restriction in Wmc. . All thoughts welcome. Just want to make right choice and make life easy...Thanks b2r
WMC is the only program that fully supports cable card tuners and I'm not aware of any plans for XBMC to add it in the future....just too many roadblocks with certification and DRM. WMC and MediaBrowser are a decent alternative or you can use WMC and convert most recorded content into a format that XBMC can work with but that depends on the copy freely flag. Although I was heavy into recording a few years ago programs like Sickbeard have eliminated much of what I used to record.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
(2012-04-12, 04:28)borntworide Wrote: Organize and list all covet art for all my different formats of movies stored. Play ,record ,live tv ,be able to let other pc s on network to access all information. Regardless of content. Is the possible ?
As the other guy said, your only option might be 7MCE. My kids enjoy watching Live OTA on their all-in-one PC using HDTV tuner on 7MCE......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I have been reading up on myth tv and the other ones. Still a little confused It seems they can accomplish what I am looking to do?? Am I missing something?

Xbmc. Can or can not play recorded tv from Wmc. Or just one that are not drm protected .
Perhaps MediaPortal would work for you? I use it for OTA and it works great.

Edit:

Actually, I use it for everything. It is my HTPC. I love it. You really should check it out if you haven't already. Built in tuner support. Not sure about cable card tuners tho.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thoughts on a tuner for xbmc0