Win 8800GT enough for 1080p?
Question 
Currently I have old omputer with following specs:

CPU: Pentium D 2,8Ghz
Video: NVIDIA 8800GT
RAM: 1Gb DDR2
PoweSupply: 500W
2HDD: 128Gb and 1TB (speed of copying is ~80Mbit which I think is enough)

I think it must be enough to play 1080p using hardware acceleration
But... 1080p plays very laggy and heavier the 1080p more laggy it plays

What I did step by step:
1. Installed clean Win7 x86 Ultimate
2. NVIDIA latest drivers from NVIDIA web site
3. XBMC 11from official website, turned on DXVA2 in setting
4. Configured Remote control
5. Made XBMC running as shell (in startup run not explorer.exe but xbmc.exe + transmission.exe)

Simple DVDRips and 720p plays smoothly. But any 1080p lags

Especially I check everything on Kung-Fu Panda 2 which is 30Mbit/s
CP load is ony 10% but film plays very laggy

I used search. I searched for 2 days and nothing. Just found 1 men that succesfully run 1080p on his Pentium 4 and 8800GT but he didn't write anything on how he did that and what he used (Win or Linux)

Questions:
1. Does anybody use 8800GT for playing 1080p?
2. If smb does, how did you configured your system to do so? May be some steps I missed?
3. I have tried to use XBMC + DSPlayer but when I press "play with DSPlayer" - nothing happen!

In Settings | Video | Playback - Disable the setting for Adjust Device Refresh to Match Video

See if that helps any...

If not, try to disable Full screen window instead of true full screen.

You're dropping frames, and I'm not sure if that happens with the above settings or not. They don't seem overly demanding, and one of those is only playing back at 10fps. That's not good.
(2012-04-18, 15:55)Kirky99 Wrote: In Settings | Video | Playback - Disable the setting for Adjust Device Refresh to Match Video

See if that helps any...

If not, try to disable Full screen window instead of true full screen.

You're dropping frames, and I'm not sure if that happens with the above settings or not. They don't seem overly demanding, and one of those is only playing back at 10fps. That's not good.

Not helping =\

About FPS: I did "lucku" screenshot, it is just a moment when I have such low FPS and when I have such high FPS.Ususally it is abot 13-20...

Why I can't watch video through DSPlayer? It just not start up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
8800GT enough for 1080p?0