Harmony 650 + HP receiver + Eden
Sad 
Hi, I have had a look around this site to try to find an appropriate guide - it seems that the ones I found are not quite applicable. I apologise if I have missed the appropriate guide.

Setup:
1. HP N40L microserver
2. Win 7 ultimate 32bit
3. XBMC Eden (livetv)
4. HP IR receiver
5. Harmony 650

Not sure what the best way to set up devices on the harmony is - there seems to be a forum posts arguing for various combinations of the following:

1. MS keyboard
2. MS media center (2 variants)
3. MS remote

At the moment, I am having issues with the OK button on the remote not working as well as "repeats" when using the arrow keys.

I naively thought that getting the Harmony would make this whole process easier :-(

Could I get some advice on which guide would be best to follow?

Thanks
no one knows? Sad
I use the same remote with a different IR receiver, which came with my Ortek VCR-1100 remote. And i set my device as the VRC-1100 as well. I also had it set as MCE keyboard which worked quite well. I cannot recall why i changed it, though....

I set the keys to buttons as such:

cursor keys = arrow keys
page up/Down = channel up/down
backspace = last channel
enter = OK
parentheses/squared brackets = blue/red/green/yellow
comma/period/forward slash = Menu/guide/info
escape = exit

Once i ran out of keys, I set more to the softkeys that can be set in "Additional buttons" that are displayed in the pages that you scroll through on the 650's litte screen.

I used Showkey.exe to show what commands the IR receiver interpreted, and inserted them into my keyboard.xml. Have a look at my Profile and past posts to see the trials questions i posed whiel setting this all up.

Great, thanks - I might give Showkey.exe a go.
Showkey is definetly the way to go. start it, push a button. It'll display the comamnd received in a lovely XBMC-ready format that you just have to insert into your remote.xml or keyboard.xml. Jsut make sure you don;'t duplicate keys.
I am considering this setup. Is it working better for you now? I was leaning toward the VRC-1100 but my understanding is that the eHome remotes are easily and completely configurable.
It's kind of working but to be honest, the harmony is a pain in the ass. Maybe if I had the time to configure it to the nth degree it might be ok...
(2012-04-14, 03:09)argh! Wrote: I use the same remote with a different IR receiver, which came with my Ortek VCR-1100 remote. And i set my device as the VRC-1100 as well. I also had it set as MCE keyboard which worked quite well. I cannot recall why i changed it, though....

I set the keys to buttons as such:

cursor keys = arrow keys
page up/Down = channel up/down
backspace = last channel
enter = OK
parentheses/squared brackets = blue/red/green/yellow
comma/period/forward slash = Menu/guide/info
escape = exit

Once i ran out of keys, I set more to the softkeys that can be set in "Additional buttons" that are displayed in the pages that you scroll through on the 650's litte screen.

I used Showkey.exe to show what commands the IR receiver interpreted, and inserted them into my keyboard.xml. Have a look at my Profile and past posts to see the trials questions i posed whiel setting this all up.

What do the brackets do?
Umm.. Red starts XBMC, Yellow for Subtitles.. Green for Context Menu. I use the last one for my AVR to change DSP modes.

I will certainly admit that I had a bit of a time getting all of this set up, but I have not touched my Harmony software in many months. (well, other than to check for remote firmware updates)

Since I've already gone through the trials of this setup process, I' suggest you check my past posts here: http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?action=...575fb0d784 and hopefully you can find some useful info. The earlier posts, in particular.

The work was worth it. I'm very pleased with my setup.
@beetlesnack: see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for the (minor) tweaks needed to use an eHome remote.

eHome remotes are my favourite because they are easily tweakable. However they don't play well with low end Harmony remotes because the key response is very slow and can't be adjusted. The more expensive Harmony handsets do allow the key delay to be adjusted.

If you use the MCERemote add-on or EliteGamer360s scripts, as described in the article mentioned above, the remote will just work.
(2012-04-20, 11:39)jhsrennie Wrote: @beetlesnack: see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for the (minor) tweaks needed to use an eHome remote.

eHome remotes are my favourite because they are easily tweakable. However they don't play well with low end Harmony remotes because the key response is very slow and can't be adjusted. The more expensive Harmony handsets do allow the key delay to be adjusted.

If you use the MCERemote add-on or EliteGamer360s scripts, as described in the article mentioned above, the remote will just work.

Thanks a lot. Do you think the 650 will have a decent response time, and if not is there ANY way to get a universal remote up and running with basically 0 response time? Especially a cheap one? Seems like this might be basically impossible....
With the 650 you need to change the interkey delay setting. Try 100ms. See http://blog.logitech.com/2010/08/24/harm...lp-button/ for more info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 650 + HP receiver + Eden0