How to install eden via apt-get install command?
Hey I am just wondering if there is a way to install xbmc eden via apt-get install instead of xbmc frodo.. I have noticed many script error's and plugins broken trying to use frodo... Also are they compatible with the x64 variants of linux distro's?
whats in the directory

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/

?

And what distro are you using?
Hey thanks for your prompt response... what is in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ :
wshipex-xbmc-xvba-quantal.list

My distro info:
Lubuntu
ubuntu 12.10
quantal

32bit
I want to switch to 64bit so I can take advantage of 8gb of memory but don't know if that will affect the stability of the OS and XBMC I know it causes issues in other linux distros
Use the progeam

ppa-purge

To remove the repo, it should automatically downgrade to Eden.
I'm curious, what issues? I've been using 64bit on multiple machines (including a xbc htpc) for a long time and have never run into any issues from being 64bit, though I may not have noticed them personally.
(2012-12-11, 03:36)kanadaguy Wrote: My distro info:
Lubuntu
ubuntu 12.10
quantal

32bit
I want to switch to 64bit so I can take advantage of 8gb of memory but don't know if that will affect the stability of the OS and XBMC I know it causes issues in other linux distros
Don't known if it's helpfull but I've just install Ubuntu 12.10 32 bits on my laptop with 8 Gb RAM and I'm not limited to 4 Gb or 3.2 Gb.

Because Ubuntu 32 bits edition come with PAE kernel :

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnablingPAE

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Okay so linux doesn't have the 4gb or 3.2gb limitation on memory even if it is a 32 bit?

Further great ppa-purge i exactly what i need however I can't seem to find the ppa rep to remove... I tried

sudo ppa-purge ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
then says cannot find the package...

Also do I need to remove the package via apt-get --purge xbmc prior to using the ppa-purge command?

Any help please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install eden via apt-get install command?0