xbmcbuntu does not boot
Hi all,

I just downloaded the iso image of xbmcbuntu, burned that onto a CD and tried to boot that way a brand new PC. The pc is intended to become my dedicated media center, so the plan would be to install xbmc onto it. The problem is that the PC, after starting to boot from the CD first showes the text mode ISOLINUX 4.04 yadda string, then switches into some graphics mode. However that's virtually a black screen with two small icons centered in the last line of the screen. The icons seem to be a sniped of film, an equal sign and a little man in a circle. After this the CD continues to blink for about 3 more seconds after which nothing happens anymore.

I'm a newbee but I'm a bit out of ideas here. The system consist of a ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP board, an intel core i5 CPU, 16GB of ram a 120GB SSD Samsung HD, a 3000GB Western digital drive and a BlueRay drive from which I attempt to boot (drive that holds the CD).

Any ideas what might be wrong?

TIA

Markus
press "enter" when you see these icons and choose one of the available options. Report any findings pls.
(2012-12-11, 11:29)lcapriotti Wrote: press "enter" when you see these icons and choose one of the available options. Report any findings pls.

Luigi,

Many thanks for your response. I meanwhile found a workaround. I uplugged the 3Terrabyte WD drive which seemed to be responsible for the issue. I then could install xbmc onto the Samsung SSD drive and so far it works. I also could re-connect the WD drive (which is recognized by the PCs bios) and xbmc continues to operate. I searched the howtos and FAQs to get an answer on how to include the WD drive into the system as I intend to use it to store media files on it. However, I haven't found a solution yet. Do you have a pointer for me on how to add this second drive?

TIA

Markus
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Instal...wHardDrive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu does not boot0