OSX Failed to init sound

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dhole Offline
Hello

So here it is, thought ide upgrade to eden ( mistake ) . I only did so because dlna stopped working for me but hey thats another story. I have a :
2.4ghz core 2 Mac mini 2011
RME Fireface 400
All worked fine with dharma but now I get :
Failed to initialise audio device
When trying to playback anything with sound. I can select default device or the fireface specifically but get the same. It is set to 2.0 analog . As I say it happens with flac mp3 and any video .All playback on other programs or os is fine.Confused I guess I can just revert to dharma.

Dave
find quote
dhole Offline
Aaaah sweet music.... dharma music

Soooooo Eden is not capable of using the RME Fireface 400 , you heard it here first.
I guess I'll check back in a few releases. Shame the dlna might be working in eden... oh well you cant have it all. The search for a good media centre continues
find quote
garyi Offline
Posting Freak
Well cannot help you but an RME Fireface 400 sounds awesome to the max, I hope if cost lots of money, has an audiophile ring too it.
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
It might still work, but may need some settings changed. I think I have a firewire audio interface of some kind somewhere around here... if I can find it I'll see what I can find out.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote