Linux TV Shows library broken?
Hi there,

I am using XBMC since 3 years now, having like zero library problems. Somehow with the final release of Eden my TV Show library got broken. I can still see the files, but the library has no content. I already deleted the db-files in the .xbmc directory and added them again. I also tried to reinstall XBMC completely. The movie library is not broken (yet).

Does anyone have the same issue and is able to help me out?

Regards,
Bondfreak
I think i may have the same. My tv shows dont show under tv shows but they are stil under files even though i renamed them properly.
A Debug Log is ALWAYS the first thing to do.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Code:
23:11:23 T:3059739504   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/Serien#2/The Walking Dead/
23:11:23 T:3030383472   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: SELECT sum(watchedcount) FROM tvshowview LIMIT 1
23:11:23 T:3030383472   ERROR: GetSingleValue - failed to get value 'sum(watchedcount)' from table 'tvshowview'
23:11:23 T:3059739504   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/Serien/Californication/

This is what the log says about the problem. I forgot to mention that everything works fine until I reboot the machine. Any further logging information needed? I did not want to post the whole log file in here Smile

Regards
Your db is corrupt. Your only option is to delete it and start over.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

That's what I've tried two times now. Had an Ubuntu 11.04 installation with a manual XBMC from git first. I deleted the DB, but after reboot it got broken again with similar symptoms. Same with a fresh XBMCbuntu. I also get the same error for entries in my movie DB, but am still able to browse the library.
What file are you deleting?

I deleted both Videodb files. Think it were video59 and video60 or something similar. I was suprised that even a clean install of XBMCbuntu didn't solve the problem.
any suggestions? Smile
"Didn't solve the problem" and "or something similar" doesn't really give me much confidence that you actually deleted the correct files or that you don't have some other unrelated problem Smile

Please detail step by step exactly which files you deleted and where they were located, and what other files were present.

Then get a new Debug Log once you've done that.

Hey Eliasbille, have you been successful fixing this problem?

I will post all my debugging-steps later this day when i'm home from work.
...seems like it was some kind of confessional debugging Big Grin

i started debugging (logging) the momentary state to be able to compare error messages. Then I deleted MyVideos60.db from the Database folder and enabled logging again. While rebooting I remembered having split one of the TV shows onto two different hard disks because of space issues. I cleaned that up by moving all the files into one single folder.

TV shows were scraped properly afterwards and I had no problems even after enabling the auto-search option for the database or marking episodes as "already watched". The HTPC is scraping my movies at the moment and I hope it will still work afterwards - think it got fixed by moving these two folders together.

So thanks for the moment Smile I will tell you if it still works when scraping has finished.
I have all my movies and tv shows in the database now. No problems so far Smile
Hey guys
I have the same problem with my TV-Shows. I set the library content to TVShow and select TVDB scraper after few seconds the scraper is finished but the library doesn't show any content
And I can't find the TV-Show library under library

someone has an solution?

http://pastebin.com/xRS2nErY << log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows library broken?0