• 10(current)
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)
When it says "Failed to receive poll responses from XBMC... Disconnecting...", that means it is unable to connect to the XBMC system. Since XBMC is telling you "remote communication server failed to start", I am pretty sure that is the culprit. As I have never run in to this problem, I would recommend asking a wider audience about troubleshooting this.

If I were to suggest things to try, I would start with disabling the firewall in windows to see if that changes anything. Next, I would try running XBMC as administrator (right-click XBMC icon and choose 'Run as Administrator').

From the LUA output, it looks like the driver itself is loading properly and everything - just get the remote service working, and you should be good to go.

-Brandon
Thanks for the reply, I tied these things but I am still getting the same error and I am still unable to control xbmc through my control4 system. Some further research suggests that the remote communication server failed to start error is because of a port conflict, that another device is using the same port as xbmc, in this case port 9090. I have not been able to find an explanation of how to tell if this is occuring or not, does anyone know of a way to see what ports are currently being used? and by what device? Would this be done inside my router?
(2014-03-28, 03:19)Aperkins Wrote: Thanks for the reply, I tied these things but I am still getting the same error and I am still unable to control xbmc through my control4 system. Some further research suggests that the remote communication server failed to start error is because of a port conflict, that another device is using the same port as xbmc, in this case port 9090. I have not been able to find an explanation of how to tell if this is occuring or not, does anyone know of a way to see what ports are currently being used? and by what device? Would this be done inside my router?

try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281336
Thanks for that info, netstat seems like a very handy tool that I had not heard about before. So I ran the netstat in the command line before xbmc was running to verify that nothing was using port 9090, then to make sure that it was working i opened up xbmc and ran netstat again and at that point I did see a process running on port 9090 which has to be xbmc, since closing the program removes it from the netstat list. So I think this confirms that I dont have a port conflict problem but it still didnt fix the issue. Thank you very much for the replies, if nothing else atleast I seem to be learning alot through this process which is never a bad thing. I will keep scouring the internet, and any more ideas are certainly welcome. Thanks again.
Any plans on adding additional features? Maybe some items around Airplay?
(2014-03-31, 23:21)Polonda Wrote: Any plans on adding additional features? Maybe some items around Airplay?

What specifically do you want to do with airplay?
Right now, you can wire XBMC into your matrix amp, and get airplay throughout the entire house. I did that for a few months, but then switched my airplay stuff over to an Airport Express - Airplay seemed to be more stable on it than XBMC was at the time.

-Brandon
I'm interested in being able to simply select an airplay source on xbmc from ios and hit play on either a song or video. When this is done the system turns on and audio/video plays. Eliminating the need to first turn on the room/system and then using airplay. The room/system would turn on when airplay is started.
Seems like a good idea. It would depend on whether or not they send a JSON notification when an airplay source is played.
I will look in to it and see!
I fixed my issue, I can now control my xbmc machine through my control 4 system, but not on the windows 8 machine that I originally planned on. I ended up using my old pc and installing xbmcubuntu and an hdmi video card and using that as my xbmc machine. Using that pc I never ran into the control issue it just worked with the driver right away, but I did still receive the error stating that the remote connection server failed to start. So i am still not sure why it wouldnt work while i was running xbmc on my windows 8 pc, but either way the problem was resolved. Thanks for all the help!
I have a new issue that I cant seem to find an answer to. I would like to set my xbmc machine to turn off when i send a room off command from my control 4 system, and then turn it back on when i select watch XBMC. The on and off function works fine but the bios on my system requires that I press F1 to continue the boot process and will not continue until that button is pushed. To resolve this I would like to bind a key on my control 4 remote to the F1 key, like the # button or another button that is not being used. Is this possible by re-configuring the keyboard xml file? I do see the option inside XBMC that says make remote send keyboard commands, but I dont think this will help me at all since XBMC is not yet loaded when I need to issue the keyboard command F1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running XBMCBuntu V12.0 Frodo. Thanks.
Unfortunately, this would not be possible with my driver. When waking from sleep, XBMC is not technically running, so it will not be able to send commands down to the BIOS.
I don't know why an F1 would be required when waking up, but this is completely independent of XBMC, and my driver.

There aren't any drivers out there that I know of that will do what you are wanting to do. I would look in to WHY they are requiring F1 to be pressed and fix that. Maybe a BIOS update fixes it?

-Brandon
Thanks again I figured it out it was a floppy drive error causing me to have to hit F1 to boot the system, after disabling that in the bios all is working well. Driver works great now and turns the xbmc pc on and off perfectly.
I loaded this driver into an HC300, and I can control the XBMC (windows 8) fine. Works great. However am I suppose to see whats playing, and make music selections from a C4 screen (MyHomePC). I get a view of titles as MyMusic, but is controls the media player inside the HC not the xbmc. What connections do I need to set up? Or is this capability not possible? I'm using a network file storage (Buffalo Terastation) to store all the music media, which the XBMC accesses.

Thanks for any help.
Currently, the drivers purpose is for control of XBMC using the C4 remote, not navigator on the touchscreen.
I have avoided implementing navigator functionality because the media player proxy was so limited. I am currently working on a new driver using a new proxy that will include much of what you have described (if you have used TuneIn with C4, then you have a good idea of what it will be like). No ETA on its release though. There are some outside factors that will govern when it can/will be done (time, c4 release dates, etc )
(2014-01-02, 15:26)c4newb Wrote: having same issues as jbmedia. Driver is flawless in menus but once a movie starts it all goes haywire. clicking right or left after bringing up the OSD will step forward and backward rather than moving through the menu controls

Any update on this? The default behavior once bringing up the OSD when using the arrow keys is to move through the OSD, not stepping through the movies. I don't really have the expertise to edit the driver itself to fix. Any thoughts?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New FREE Control4 Driver Available (JSON)3