MySQL sharing video but not music?
if someone wouldn't mind having a quick look into my log here it would be great.

My issue is that I've faithfully followed the howtogeek guide and although the everything's perfectly synced on the movie side (bookmarks, playing position, fanart, etc) my music library has only got as far as populating the names of music in the library (but no fanart or embedded album covers). When I hit play it reports 'One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details'.

Other notes:

As explictly required in the guide, I've added the 'name' row at the end of the database fields in advancedsettings.xml. I've not set up any profiles in XBMC so used the default 'Master user' :

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>myinternalIP</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>Master uservideo</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>myinternalIP7</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>Master usermusic</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

if i 'SHOW DATABASES' in SQL I get:

information_schema
master usermusic18
master uservideo60
mymusic18
mysql
myvideos60
performance_schema
test

thanks any leads would be great
EDIT:

I realised sharing was set up incorrectly, as it pointed to to C:\users\[...] root, where it should be an SMB share. I uninstalled and reinstalled SQL and started the library scan from the beginning. This time I have the same result - movies OK but no music, except:

in the log sharing sharing location doesn't appear as a problem.
However,
there is now now no music detected at all

I notice the following line but not certain if this is reporting a logon failure onto the shared folder. I can access the shared folder through conventional means in explorer.

16:30:10 T:956 DEBUG: Trying to connect to \\TOM-PC\Users with username() and password(XXXX)

thank you

my spec:
machine 1: Eden 11.0 on win 7
machine 2: Eden 11.0 on win 7
update:

so I've now resolved this, by removing the <name> line in advancedsettings.xml
Not sure why the name tag seems to cause issues for some people. I've seen other people report this as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL sharing video but not music?0