need help to understand xbmc features
ok,
so XBMC running on Mac Mini (10.7.3 , btw on 10.8 it crash) I can share via SMB and AFP , sometimes the xbmc is doing buffering which is annoying . my home network is fast using ethernet cables and not wifi...

1 - how can i stop buffering? (the share is on my W7 server PC)
2 - when i click on videos the sub menu show 'movies' 'files' library' 'add ons' first what is the different between the first 3? secondly when i click on files i can see all my movies but when i click on movies i see half only...any explanation why?

Thanks!
1: not sure, we'll need more info like a Debug log (wiki).

2: Movies library is all the movie files (in folders that you have ID'ed as having Movies) that have been correctly scanned in with summaries, cover art, etc. TV Shows is the same, but for TV shows. Files is all files, even those that were not recognized or were in folders that were not set as Movies or TV Shows. Files also shows everything as you have originally organized it, letting you do the same thing as in "Movies" but letting you sort the movies into folders if you wish. So "Movies" is like "show all (recognized) movies" while files is "Show me files as I organized them". If the files have also been scanned then you can see the cover art, summaries, etc, even in "File view".

See Adding videos to the library (wiki) for more info about scanning stuff into the library (so you get summaries, cover art, actor info, etc), as well as finding which movies didn't scan in and how to correct it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help to understand xbmc features0