Win Strange Problem
Since the days of XBMC 11 (alpah, beta and now final) i have a strange problem.

When i seek videos, XBMC crashes. Sometimes after a few minutes in the video, sometimes when i'm seeking the 3rd or 4th video (in a row).
The problem is i can't see a damn thing in the log!
Now i have activated loglevel 3 in advancedsettings and waiting for it to happen (hopefully i will get a xbmc crash file too).

FYI: : no crashing whatsoever with xbmc dharma!!! And crashing mostly occur with WMV files and avi files. less with mp4/mkv!

But i wanted to ask you folks for some advice concerning:

1.) Do these values anything in advancedsettings anymore (XBMC windows DX build) or have they been gone (I know they had a function with xBMC 11 beta):
<video>
<allowlanczos3>true</allowlanczos3> <<<=== not needed anymore?
<enablehighqualityhwscalers>true</enablehighqualityhwscalers> <<<<===only for GL, really?
<highqualityscalingmethod>8</highqualityscalingmethod> <<<<===is it the same as allolanczos3?
</video>

2.) Can it be: When i seek videos, sometimes XBMC crashes (decription above). But when i activate the debug logging, nothing crashes. Not even when i seek the same video!!!

This is the most strange thing i had and have been dealing with since a few months now.

Already a thread dedicated to this.
(2012-04-16, 16:56)kricker Wrote: Already a thread dedicated to this.

I don't know how i could miss that. Seems be it. (with the difference that i have been dealing with this since alpha versions of Eden!
Und couldn't figure it out!
At last. I will posz it there then. You can delete this if you want.
Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Problem0