Win Actor Thumbnail Scraping
Hi Boys,

I've put a lot of work into my movie library over the last few months, scraped it with the IMDB scraper, which worked pretty well, and spent hours personalising the library with my own posters and fanarts, edited plot summaries, and done alot of tweaking as I guess most of you have with your collections. Now, I just noticed that I forgot to scrape for Actor Thumbs in the process, which may be pretty bad, if I'm not just having a ultra blond moment again.

Would I have to re-do everything in order to scrape for Actor Thumbnails? As in, if I perhaps change my scraper to "MovieDb" for my Movie folder, would all my edited work be overwritten and all my thumbnails be replacedHuh This is confussing me a bit and I'd hate to tamper without acquiring some knowledge first. I am a femme, so please forgive the need to ask.

If this possible?

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. In order to retrieve actor thumbs, you must rescan, and in order to rescan, you must first get rid of your current information.

There's a couple of potential ways around it, but they both involve a reasonable chunk of work.

First thing, export your database to a single file/folder structure. That way you can always reimport it later if you should screw it up.

Second thing, rescan. You can do this by setting content to "None" then "OK" then "OK" to clean out the current stuff. Then set content back to "Movies" and choose the scraper of your choice, making sure you enable actor thumbs. Scan.

The next trick is to export your library again to a different location. You'll notice there's now a .actors folder with the thumbnails.

Copy that over into your first export, clear out your library again, and then reimport.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-04-14, 04:02)jmarshall Wrote: Unfortunately, the answer is yes. In order to retrieve actor thumbs, you must rescan, and in order to rescan, you must first get rid of your current information.

There's a couple of potential ways around it, but they both involve a reasonable chunk of work.

First thing, export your database to a single file/folder structure. That way you can always reimport it later if you should screw it up.

Second thing, rescan. You can do this by setting content to "None" then "OK" then "OK" to clean out the current stuff. Then set content back to "Movies" and choose the scraper of your choice, making sure you enable actor thumbs. Scan.

The next trick is to export your library again to a different location. You'll notice there's now a .actors folder with the thumbnails.

Copy that over into your first export, clear out your library again, and then reimport.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks jmarshall... will give this a go... much appreciate the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actor Thumbnail Scraping0