XBMC and A debian server
Greetings gents,

I currently have a Debian server running at my house that i have sickbeard and Sabnzb installed on. I have the server running stable and have downloaded some material i wish to watch. My issue is now how do i stream that content from the server to XBMC installed on my PC? I'm running windows 7 enterprise 64 bit. Please lend your godly hands to help a novice out.
Install samba and make the shares containing your movies (or TV or whatever) available on the network. Add those shares to XBMC as sources and enjoy.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2012-04-14, 03:42)TechLife Wrote: Install samba and make the shares containing your movies (or TV or whatever) available on the network. Add those shares to XBMC as sources and enjoy.

Thank you! Any link handy to accomplish such a task? I am completely new to Debian and Linux for that matter.
Before someone else says it: Google

Now that we have that out of the way, I'll look around a bit and see what I can find. Wink

EDIT: There are all kinds of configuration guides out there. Take a look and see what will work best for you. Google: "how to install samba server debian"
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2012-04-14, 03:58)TechLife Wrote: Before someone else says it: Google

Now that we have that out of the way, I'll look around a bit and see what I can find. Wink

EDIT: There are all kinds of configuration guides out there. Take a look and see what will work best for you. Google: "how to install samba server debian"

Thanks i got it!!!! its working flawlessly thank you !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and A debian server0