[SOLVED] Problem with starting xbmc 11.0
Hello,

I am having a problem with starting xbmc 11.0 after I installed it. Right after starting up xbmc I my screen flash to black for less then a second and then the program seems to minimize itself. I can't get it to maximize. According to the taskbar xmbc is running normally. 'Switch to' and 'bring to front' give the same result: one flash (black screen) and then back to minimized. I can close xbmc with the right mouse button. No crashes or hang-ups here.

I was using 10.1 without a problem. I downloaded 11.0 yesterday and installed it first without uninstalling 10.1. I tried uninstalling and re-installing 11.0 but with the same result.

This is my first post on the forum. I must say I enjoy using xbmc very much and hopefully I will be able to try out Eden soon.

I've searching through google, the wiki and this forum and couldn't find the right answer.

After reading the 'How-To post...' I will try to the right info about my system:

CPU: i3 2125 @ 3.30 GHz
GPU: Integrated INTEL HD Graphics 3000 (Driver 8.15.10.2653 / 14 febr. 2012)
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus P8 H67-M EVO (using optical out for sound)

Regards,

Joost
Are any other apps running at the same time?
We need to see a debug log. Because you can't start XBMC you need to enable debug logging manually. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\advancedsettings.xml"

and click OK, and when you're prompted to create a new file answer yes. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Clsoe Notepad and save the changes.

Now run XBMC and when it minimises close it with the right button. Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Had time to continue with this issue today.

To my surprise I wasn't able to reproduce this problem. Everything seemes to work fine now. Strange, I haven't changed anything.

Thank you for your time. This problem seem solved. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Problem with starting xbmc 11.00