Win XBMC being used with NPVR in Windows 7/32-bit
I've got a P4-3.0 single core processor I use with an 80 GB HDD as a PVR with NPVR with a PVR-150. Been trying to get XBMC working with NPVR...but whenever I start a recording with NPVR...the system will reboot itself automatically at random points during the recording process. This means I end up with several pieces of shows I'm trying to record. On the other hand...if I have XBMC shut down...have no problem with the system rebooting.

Would like to be able to see if I can run both at the same time...since there are several plugins/shows I would like to use at the same time. If not...is there an easy way to kill XBMC when NPVR starts recording?

Here's what I have setup inside NPVR:
Devices: Analog Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture & IPTV IPTV Device
Renderers: Video Renderer - EVR / Audio & Music Renderer - Default (Recommended)
Decoders: MPEG2/AC3/E-AC3/AAC/HE-AAC - ffdshow Video/audio Decoder
H.264/MPEG1 Video/Audio - Microsoft DTV-DVD Video/Audio Decoder
Checked: Only used mapped audio decoders during .ts playback

I don't watch the files I record until after I use Handbrake to encode the files to MP4/H.264 on another system and put the files on the server.

Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you have some basic system resource issues going on. Maybe your PSU can not handle the load. I had an old Anthlon x2 3800+ which ran Sage and XBMC at the same time. It could record 1 HD show and 1 SD show and run XBMC all at the same time.
(2012-04-14, 00:13)kricker Wrote: Sounds like you have some basic system resource issues going on. Maybe your PSU can not handle the load. I had an old Anthlon x2 3800+ which ran Sage and XBMC at the same time. It could record 1 HD show and 1 SD show and run XBMC all at the same time.

The system has had 2 different 80 GB HDD's (laptop and desktop drives) in it with the same results. With a 400W PS in the system...that does make a lot of sense.

Since I've got another system with a 550W we put together originally as a media center...but went with a netbook due to the noise of the fans...will pull it out of the closet to see what happens when I put the TV tuner card in after getting Fringe. It works...will get at least a 550-650W from Newegg for the P4 when things get going better.
(2012-04-14, 02:11)PhoobarID Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 00:13)kricker Wrote: Sounds like you have some basic system resource issues going on. Maybe your PSU can not handle the load. I had an old Anthlon x2 3800+ which ran Sage and XBMC at the same time. It could record 1 HD show and 1 SD show and run XBMC all at the same time.

The system has had 2 different 80 GB HDD's (laptop and desktop drives) in it with the same results. With a 400W PS in the system...that does make a lot of sense.

Since I've got another system with a 550W we put together originally as a media center...but went with a netbook due to the noise of the fans...will pull it out of the closet to see what happens when I put the TV tuner card in after getting Fringe. It works...will get at least a 550-650W from Newegg for the P4 when things get going better.

The PS solved the issue of the reboots while running both programs. Guess it's a new 550-650W PS when I come off of layoff.

Thanks for solving the issue for me!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC being used with NPVR in Windows 7/32-bit0