Toggle to hide watched not working in file view
Hey, new to XBMC, hopefully I'm not missing something obvious here. I'm using Confluence (XBMC v 11.0) and the Hide watched toggle doesn't appear to do anything in file view. Watching files is causing them to be flagged as watched, so that part's working. But selecting "Hide watched" from the side menu doesn't hide those files. In fact the bullet next to "Hide watched" doesn't highlight when I select it. Is there a global setting somewhere I need to adjust? I've tried this in other skins as well and am seeing the same behavior. Thanks for the help.
By the looks of the code, you need to have content set on the folder (or one of it's parents) in order for the watched button to do it's thing. The reason is that the watched status is independent of content type.

This IMO is a bug - there's no need for it to be like this particularly. If you (or someone else) wants to take a crack at fixing it, I think all that needs to be done is an empty or default content type needs adding in Settings.cpp - see m_watchMode.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hmm. So if the content type isn't set it won't work? That is annoying since this folder doesn't use any of the content types (it's VOD files from Rifftrax.com, I don't think they're in the TV or Movie databases). Fixing this sounds beyond my abilities since I'm not even sure where to find that settings file. Anybody else want to give it a shot?
(2012-04-14, 06:19)jmarshall Wrote: This IMO is a bug - there's no need for it to be like this particularly. If you (or someone else) wants to take a crack at fixing it, I think all that needs to be done is an empty or default content type needs adding in Settings.cpp - see m_watchMode.

i wish i was s-m-r-t enough to fix this. thanks for the explanation JM

i have a source not in my library ... random files that can't be scraped
i only browse it in file mode. it remembers watched/unwatched,
but will not let me toggle ... because content type is not set.

i set content type to TV & exclude from scans to true ... now i can toggle
really, this should have nothing to do with content type
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Toggle to hide watched not working in file view0