Ordered New HTPC
(2012-04-19, 18:27)eskro Wrote: whats your noisy part?

sounds like the cpu fan. i would guess i could get an aftermarket one. i would like this is silent as can be
yeah, if u tried to tone down its RPM in the BIOS or using SPeedFAN and its still noisy,
SCYTHE BIG SHURIKEN SCBSK-2100 Smile
A second fan will not make it more quiet, replacing the existing CPU fan could if you get the right one. dmgash suggested a good replacement for the CPU fan, and if you want more cooling then like he also suggested add 80mm fans.
sounds like i need to get the Scythe cpu fan. looks like it would keep things a little cooler and also quieter.
+1 littlepooch21
sounds good. i will go that route as soon as i get paid. so far i'm really liking this set up. i am also thinking about adding a video card in crossfire mode. i heard you can also play some pretty good games on this thing
(2012-04-19, 17:54)littlepooch21 Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 17:46)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 17:36)littlepooch21 Wrote: okay so i got everything in yesterday and put it all together. the cpu fan seems a little loud. my temps are around 45-50. Are these temps normal? what can i do to help it out?
The temperature is fine.....since you're using AsRock mobo, you can set CPU to "Cool ‘n’ Quiet" in AsRock Bios Advance tab and set the CPU operating temperature to 50 degrees in Bios Hardware/Health Monitor tab....and you can set both CPU and case fans to level 5.......it'll be very quiet.

If you want to bootup faster, you can try AsRock instant bootup option- Instant Boot ver:1.29. You'll be surprise by how quick it bootup.....

right now i only have the cpu fan installed. should i get a 2nd fan to put in there? if so what would you recommend?
Whatever fan you have in it, you still can use AsRock "Cool 'n' Quiet" option to lower noise level......give it a shot before you replace it!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-19, 19:16)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 17:54)littlepooch21 Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 17:46)bluray Wrote: The temperature is fine.....since you're using AsRock mobo, you can set CPU to "Cool ‘n’ Quiet" in AsRock Bios Advance tab and set the CPU operating temperature to 50 degrees in Bios Hardware/Health Monitor tab....and you can set both CPU and case fans to level 5.......it'll be very quiet.

If you want to bootup faster, you can try AsRock instant bootup option- Instant Boot ver:1.29. You'll be surprise by how quick it bootup.....

right now i only have the cpu fan installed. should i get a 2nd fan to put in there? if so what would you recommend?
Whatever fan you have in it, you still can use AsRock "Cool 'n' Quiet" option to lower noise level......give it a shot before you replace it!

yeah i just put that on there and also lowered the fans to 5 and it is doing better now. i'm going to keep an eye on it as i'm doing more intense stuff and see how it is.
@littlepooch21-

If the temperature is okay, you can lower everything further to lessen the noise.......

AsRock have all kind of options available......it's working very well for my AsRock mobo.....without any tricky stuff, just AsRock options- my PC is very silent and it bootup very fast!
(2012-04-19, 20:02)bluray Wrote: @littlepooch21-

If the temperature is okay, you can lower everything further to lessen the noise.......

AsRock have all kind of options available......it's working very well for my AsRock mobo.....without any tricky stuff, just AsRock options- my PC is very silent and it bootup very fast!

yeah i think I'm going to try that fast boot option. seems like it's pretty cool even though most of the time i will just have it on and running.

what are you using for a remote right now?
can this processor run any games?
(2012-04-19, 20:06)littlepooch21 Wrote: what are you using for a remote right now?
HP MCE Remote

(2012-04-19, 21:25)littlepooch21 Wrote: can this processor run any games?
You should be able to playback a lot of games with your HD6550D iGPU...give it a shot!

yeah i'm wondering what i would be able to play. i installed NBA 2K12 on it and it seems pretty good. i heard about the crossfire that this processor can do but i need to research a bit to see what cards work with it. i may add it on so i can play a few other games

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ordered New HTPC0