Stop Movies Adding to Library
Not sure if this is possible or potentially ridiculously easy...

Is there any way to stop a certain movies folder adding all it's contents to the main library as well? Basically I have created a 'classic movies' folder that I don't want to show up in the main movies section.

Is it possible just for these to show up as movies in their own folder, but not in the main one? For example, have a seperate 'Classic Movies' option on the main menu with different movies contained?

Thanks
You have to add files that should not be added to a source separate from the files that should be added.

Usually when I do this it is because I did't want to clutter the libriary with e.g. 200 Disney movies.
Lately I have start to use movie sets for this and since Eden many sets are created automatically be the scraper.
This is great! (not disney so bad example)
All items your sources listed as Movies show up together. You can create a Movie Set so that you have one entry in the main movie list called "Classic Movies" which contains your selections. XWMM is a good tool for creating and maintaining sets of movies.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
(2012-04-14, 14:37)vikjon0 Wrote: You have to add files that should not be added to a source separate from the files that should be added.

Usually when I do this it is because I did't want to clutter the libriary with e.g. 200 Disney movies.
Lately I have start to use movie sets for this and since Eden many sets are created automatically be the scraper.
This is great! (not disney so bad example)

Not to hijack the thread but how does it do it automatically? I've been using Metabrowser to set mine up. Before that, running "update library" didn't make any changes
Thanks to everyone for all the information...

I have listed them as two different sources as mentioned... Basically hidden the original movies menu option, then added MOVIES and CLASSIC MOVIES menu options for the two different folders.

Strangely, after I changed the content of the new folder to Movies, about 20 of the videos aren't showing up in the file list. Does anyone know why that might be?

Thanks again
Quote:Not to hijack the thread but how does it do it automatically
Hm, first you need to test with movies that or in a set on imdb, then I assume you have to remove the movies from the lib and update the lib. You also have to enable movie sets in settings. If it doesn't work I would remove any existing nfo files. (or add the sets manually to nfo of course) and retry.
Movies in sets on imdbConfusedex and the city, harry potter, twilight, astrid lindgren

Quote:about 20 of the videos aren't showing up in the file list. Does anyone know why that might be?
Wrong name or maybe you need to add the year to the filename. If it doesn't work place a file name movie.nfo in the same folder as the movie with the link to the movie on imdb.
Adding videos to the library/Setting content and scanning (wiki) will show you how to exclude folders from a scan, even if the parent has content set.

You can also just use File view, since in XBMC v11, file view is basically the library organized as folders (full cover art, thumbs, summaries, etc).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop Movies Adding to Library0