Aeon MQ3: Comics
How is it possible to set up comic books with this skin?

I don't see anything relating to comics in the skin options, but in the first post of the MQ3 release thread it says:

Quote:- Rom Collection Browser, Advanced Launcher, programs, games and comics.

Does this mean that it launches comics using Advanced Launcher? Are there any special settings for it or am I missing something?
XBMC can view .CBR files natively. What I did was setup a favorite to my comics folder and added a custom menu entry on the main menu for comics. I agree its a little misleading since there is really nothing special in the skin specifically for comics as far as I can tell. You can get the same results from just about any XBMC skin.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look and see what I can do. Does it mean that you have to browse comics through a file-manager type interface though without any sort of info etc...?
Yeah I haven't come across a comic book scrapper yet but if you do let us know.
I've used ComicRack and the ComicVine plugin to scrape info for most of my comics which is stored within xml files inside the cbz files. I wonder if it's possible to somehow add this info to advanced launcher?
(2012-04-18, 15:04)Tomkun Wrote: I've used ComicRack and the ComicVine plugin to scrape info for most of my comics which is stored within xml files inside the cbz files. I wonder if it's possible to somehow add this info to advanced launcher?
Not possible to import this information, and this feature will never be added. BTW, Advanced Launcher already had integrated ComicVine scraper.

Why not possible? And why not add it? I think that ComicRack is a fantastic tool for organising comics and would like to use the information that I've already scraped and edited.

I appreciate that Advanced Launcher already has a ComicVine scraper, but it seems redundant when every cbz file in my collection already has all the data I could possibly want stored inside of it.
yea if set in the comicrack settings an XML is added to each comic with it's info. You can just reach in and import the info from the XML file.
(2012-04-20, 08:14)Tomkun Wrote: Why not possible? And why not add it? I think that ComicRack is a fantastic tool for organising comics and would like to use the information that I've already scraped and edited.

I appreciate that Advanced Launcher already has a ComicVine scraper, but it seems redundant when every cbz file in my collection already has all the data I could possibly want stored inside of it.
Hummm... For all the Linux, XBMCLive, iOS, OSX and ATV users, integration of the ComicVine scraper into Advanced Launcher is not redundant.

ComicVine scraper into Advanced Launcher could be used by everybody. ComicRack could only be used by Windows users. The main idea into Advanced Launcher is provide the more wide features and options that could be used by most of the users. Adding an option to support only a specific data format (XML files into ZIP or RAR files), only used by one application (ComicRack) and only under one specific operating system (Windows), is not correspondind to this idea.

So for my side, it's adding a ComicRack scraper that is redundant.

Also Advanced Launcher already support NFO files, so because "ComicRack is a fantastic tool", you will not have difficulties to write a script that will export the data into NFO files recognized by Advanced Launcher. Wink
(2012-04-20, 13:06)Angelscry Wrote: Also Advanced Launcher already support NFO files, so because "ComicRack is a fantastic tool", you will not have difficulties to write a script that will export the data into NFO files recognized by Advanced Launcher. Wink

Yes, I understand this and have already looked at it. I didn't mean to imply that your scraper was redundant, but having two lots of the same data. Having to use a separate nfo file for each comic when that exact same data is already stored within the comic file itself, *that* is redundant.

Also, I didn't realise that the xml data inside the cbz was unique to Windows/ComicRack. Surely it can be accessed by any program on any system; It's not encoded or anything. In fact, it's a very neat solution as it allows comics to be backed up easily without worrying about databases, much like ePubs do for books. I suspect if more software supported it, it would become a lot more widespread.

Anyway, I apologise for any offence caused and if you don't want to include support for it, that is of course your prerogative.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ3: Comics0