• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2013-06-18, 16:38)takoi Wrote: So basically what you're asking, and what it boils down to is to be able to disable the 'real' media source and setup you own custom. You see, it's not so easy to have dynamic settings, which is what is needed to be able to have automatic setup of media sources and the possibility to disable them. I want to do this feature, but xbmc can't currently do these kind of dynamic settings unfortunately.
How about an option to blacklist certain folders inside the addon which then will be omitted?
I´m having the same issue with xbmc crashing when trying to shut down. Works when watchdog is deactivated.
So sad, because its a great plug-in!
(2013-04-23, 15:47)jant90 Wrote: So did anyone test it with 12.2 yet? And is the memory leak indeed fixed?

According to this post the leak should be fixed: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1399077, assuming that is the same leak they are talking about.

I prefer stable builds so I'll wait till the final 12.2 is available and use different solutions in the meantime, but it sucks though as Watchdog works so nicely.

The leak is still a problem in XBMC 12.2 on Windows, damn it.

Are devs aware of the issue and looking into it?
I installed the addon couple of days ago, it complained about some dead sources i didn't use anymore but doesn't update the working sources :/ would LOVE to have this working.

Using 13.0-ALPHA4 Git:201305251313 on Ubuntu 13.04
Watchdog does not work with the new OpenELEC 3.1.1. It won't find the root media folder for some reason, unless I am doing somthing wrong, which I doubt. I always had it scanning a folder I created via Putty called "movies".

Any ideas?

Thanks
Shedrock
As i can see you can tell xbmc to scan only the current folder for new contents
(with the GUI).
You told us about dynamic setting. Do i understand correctly that there is no
command/script available in xbmcs python scripts to call just this function.
Mean they dont have a function to call (Path to scan) ?
I'd like to also report issues with this add-on and OpenELEC v3 - it was working fine for weeks now all of a sudden I was unable to access the OE configuration add-on and my bluetooth keyboard stopped being able to connect. Also, in Programs none of the add-ons there would run and some would hang XBMC

I tried various things and it was disabling Watchdog that finally resolved the problem (reinstalling it is no good either). Shame, as I was using it just fine with my old Windows based XBMC build.

I'm currently testing OE v3.1.3
(2013-06-18, 19:42)xboxexpert Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 18:37)my95z34 Wrote:
(2013-06-18, 16:52)takoi Wrote: It's this issue: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14212 So far I believe it only affect people that have some other underlying issue with the network. Not clear exactly why this is happening though. Really strange bug.

Gotcha. Do you need me to provide any logs or are you good on that?

Also, I'll probably need to provide a log on this one, but I'm running RaspBMC and whenever I disable Watchdog it reboots the Pi. Enableing works fine though. After I get off work I'll try to get a log.

I've also noticed some lag with in menus and a shutdown/reboot bug that freezes system. I am on a pretty powerful Zotac Box with latest bios and, yea I know its over kill, 8GB memory and a 60GB SSD with MySQL running off my Drobo 5N.

I have the same issue - SpotiMC and CDArt Manager take forever to load since I installed Watchdog.
I'm running on a Core i5 with SSD and 16Gb ram! (Ubuntu 13.04) and MYSQL on my QNAP 419 Pro II

Unfortunately I will have to uninstall the plugin - I checked the linked issue, and it seems to infer that it is caused by underlying network problems. I have been running the same network with MediaPortal for quite some time with no issues. It is only with Watchdog installed that the plugins slow down.

Hopefully it will get resolved, because Watchdog is a very handy plugin :-)

Cheers!
So the shutdown error is making this absolutely unusable, merely disabling watchdog from the addon menu causes an instant crash - watchdog is clearly the culprit. I've even reproduced this on a fresh install, with no other addons installed on two different computers, with two physical folders and two networked. Additionally, it seems watchdog isn't even working (nothing is added to library, ever), and when it is installed none of my other addons are working. It seems like that watchdog is breaking on a network scan & locking out other addons from working as well as the program from ever shutting down correctly. Totally breaks shutdown timer/normal windows shutdown.

two examples:
22:20:49 T:212 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
22:21:35 T:56 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 9 times.
22:21:35 T:56 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\Logan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.watchdog\service.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
22:21:36 T:3608 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

and

22:33:34 T:7236 NOTICE: Saving settings
22:33:34 T:7236 NOTICE: stop all
22:33:34 T:7236 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
22:33:34 T:7236 NOTICE: stopping zeroconf publishing
22:33:34 T:7236 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopping...
22:33:34 T:7236 NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
22:33:34 T:7236 NOTICE: Webserver: Stopped...
22:33:35 T:9088 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
22:33:35 T:7236 NOTICE: stop sap announcement listener
22:33:35 T:7236 NOTICE: clean cached files!
22:33:35 T:7236 NOTICE: unload skin
22:33:38 T:10088 NOTICE: [trakt] Beginning shut down.
22:33:38 T:10088 NOTICE: [trakt] 'script.trakt' shutting down.
22:33:40 T:5312 NOTICE: StorageServer-2.5.2 Closed down
22:33:46 T:7236 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script C:\Users\Logan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.watchdog\service.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
22:33:47 T:7236 NOTICE: stop python

each time is followed by about ten seconds of hang time, then a windows error message. If you want, I will give every single detail of my settings that you need to reproduce and fix this critical bug.
(2013-07-02, 00:12)shedrock Wrote: Watchdog does not work with the new OpenELEC 3.1.1. It won't find the root media folder for some reason, unless I am doing somthing wrong, which I doubt. I always had it scanning a folder I created via Putty called "movies".

Any ideas?

Thanks
Shedrock

Ok have you tried to change the following settings?

Config addon, advanced:
Method: from auto to polling
Delay: from 1 to 5

Watchdog has Never worked for me until i changed those settings.

HP Proliant Microserver
Openelec Generic 3.1.5
8gb memory

edit: This is only in reference to watchdog not working at all. Not in reference to the addon issue or the shutdown issue. Ive always had an issue with shutdown/reboot. Even when it does work it takes forever. Its convenient for me to use ssh and its instant.
I am on OE 3.1.5 now and it seems to be working for the moment.
Not sure if you are aware of this, my watchdog would crash my XBMC once every 24hrs. seems like it was a memory leak. I disabled the addon and everything works fine. I use mysql as a central DB.
does this work work with strm files from 1channel, i`ve never been able to get this to work with raspbmc, could anyone help me please
I also have the "continuously cleans/scans" issue caused by an download folder.
Is it possible to exclude it from Watchdog? Is a built-in exclude-option planned?
I'm having problems with this addon as well.

First of all, it never finds my newly added files for some reason?
Second now that I read spacepanda reply, I also noticed that my box was not shutting down properly for some days now.

What's the fix? I changed method to polling but haven't seen any changes yet.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4