• 36(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
I'm getting the following error running beta2 on XBMC 13.0 on windows 8.1

17:33:06 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: <deleted> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley>
17:33:06 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: skipping <deleted> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley>

I get this when I add a show:

17:33:21 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: <created> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley\Silicon Valley - 1x06 - Third Party Insourcing.mkv>
17:33:21 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: <created> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley>

But the show doesn't actually show up in my list. I had the same issue running the latest version in the repo on XBMC 13.
(2014-05-13, 01:06)thither Wrote: Arguably this is more of a bug with SABnzbd than Watchdog, because as far as I can tell there is no way to tell it to unpack its files in a location other than their final directory. I could also work around this by having watchdog clean the library after deletion, but that takes a long time and it seems wasteful to poll my entire library when I already know that just the one new item was added.
Pretty sure you can. By changing temp directory.

(2014-05-13, 16:12)Silvaire Wrote: I'm trying to use this service with the default settings to monitor an NFS-mounted share on OpenELEC 4.0 and I keep getting a "HSTP path not found errorr" notification on start-up when it tries to run. I am using the latest beta posted in this thread.
Assuming you typed that correctly, there's no such notification message created by watchdog. Check/post log here.

(2014-05-16, 00:43)the_diddler Wrote: I'm getting the following error running beta2 on XBMC 13.0 on windows 8.1

17:33:06 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: <deleted> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley>
17:33:06 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: skipping <deleted> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley>

I get this when I add a show:

17:33:21 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: <created> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley\Silicon Valley - 1x06 - Third Party Insourcing.mkv>
17:33:21 T:8748 DEBUG: service.watchdog: <created> <V:\tv\Silicon Valley>

But the show doesn't actually show up in my list. I had the same issue running the latest version in the repo on XBMC 13.
Those lines are not errors and are meaningless without the rest of the log. Post complete log please.
(2014-05-16, 13:54)takoi Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 01:06)thither Wrote: Arguably this is more of a bug with SABnzbd than Watchdog, because as far as I can tell there is no way to tell it to unpack its files in a location other than their final directory. I could also work around this by having watchdog clean the library after deletion, but that takes a long time and it seems wasteful to poll my entire library when I already know that just the one new item was added.
Pretty sure you can. By changing temp directory.

Nope, I'm afraid not. (I do have a separate temp directory set up, but SAB only uses it to download files, when it extracts them it always creates an _UNPACK folder in the final location.)
Reference for the above. Note that the suggested method in that thread, of setting folder_rename to 0, doesn't work for me either, because even with this option set the final filename is changed after unpacking (eg, from "My New Movie(1987)/RAR_NAME/xyzzy.mkv" to "My New Movie(1987)/My New Movie(1987).mkv").

I've seen some workarounds on the web of setting up SAB to download to a particular directory, and then having Couch Potato watch that directory and move files to their final locations, but I don't particularly want to set up Couch Potato just to move files around for me. If I could get Watchdog to ignore the temp directories, that would solve my problem.
Hi there
I can't force watchog to work OpenElec 3.2.4 installed on my htpc.
I have 3 local hard drives.
1 hdd to store movies
1 hdd to store tv series
1 ssd - system
xbmc updating/cleaning library works perfectly but watchdog doesnt. I tried a lot of different options and settings but nothing seem to work.
If you need more details, please ask.

Thanks for help!Wink

Link to debug log is shown below.
XBMC debug Log
(2014-05-28, 11:44)nivepl Wrote: XBMC debug Log
"service.watchdog: video sources []" You don't have any media sources set up
(2014-05-28, 12:19)takoi Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 11:44)nivepl Wrote: XBMC debug Log
"service.watchdog: video sources []" You don't have any media sources set up

where (how) do I add these? in watchdog I don't see options to add/remove a source
(2014-05-28, 12:22)nivepl Wrote: where (how) do I add these? in watchdog I don't see options to add/remove a source
Have you done "Adding video sources (wiki)" (and restarted xbmc). After that it will be picked up automatically. It doesn't make sense to talk about updating/cleaning library without it so I don't know what you mean by 'works perfectly'.
(2014-05-28, 12:31)takoi Wrote:
(2014-05-28, 12:22)nivepl Wrote: where (how) do I add these? in watchdog I don't see options to add/remove a source
Have you done "Adding video sources (wiki)" (and restarted xbmc). After that it will be picked up automatically. It doesn't make sense to talk about updating/cleaning library without it so I don't know what you mean by 'works perfectly'.

Of course I have. How else would manual scanning work?
I have 3 folders added as videos (Movies) and 1 folder added as videos (TV Series).

By works perfectly i mean: whenever new folder with movie is added into Movie folder and I do manual update of the library, the title shows in my movies library with all the covers, artowork, etc. Again to remove entries from library to folders that I have removed (e.g. watched) I need to manually clean the library;(
(2014-05-28, 12:54)nivepl Wrote: Of course I have. How else would manual scanning work?
I have 3 folders added as videos (Movies) and 1 folder added as videos (TV Series).

By works perfectly i mean: whenever new folder with movie is added into Movie folder and I do manual update of the library, the title shows in my movies library with all the covers, artowork, etc. Again to remove entries from library to folders that I have removed (e.g. watched) I need to manually clean the library;(
Ok I see it in the log. I'm assuming you use v0.7.7? The addon ask xbmc for a list of video source and xbmc replies there are no media source, that's why it doesn't work. What's in your userdata/sources.xml file?
(2014-05-28, 13:21)takoi Wrote: Ok I see it in the log. I'm assuming you use v0.7.7? The addon ask xbmc for a list of video source and xbmc replies there are no media source, that's why it doesn't work. What's in your userdata/sources.xml file?

You are a genius!!!Wink
my sources.xml file in
Code:
<video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </video>

was empty. Once I added one of the paths, the addon started to work instantlyWink I will need to add remaining paths now and I believe that should do itWink

Btw, why I needed to edit sources.xml file? I don;t remember doing this when I was using xbmc with Windows. Will it be automated in next releases of your plugin?
Once again, thank you!!! Manual update/cleaning was a nightmare for me since i switched to OE;(
(2014-05-28, 13:48)nivepl Wrote: Btw, why I needed to edit sources.xml file? I don;t remember doing this when I was using xbmc with Windows. Will it be automated in next releases of your plugin?
Once again, thank you!!! Manual update/cleaning was a nightmare for me since i switched to OE;(
No, the file shouldn't look like this. It looks to be something wrong with your setup. I recommend trying to delete it and all the source and set it up from the gui over again. If that doesn't work, try deleting the whole unserdata directory. Also, you might want to update the Gotham soon, In which case you should really delete userdata anyways, because there won't be any more updates to this addon for xbmc v12.
(2014-05-28, 14:36)takoi Wrote: No, the file shouldn't look like this. It looks to be something wrong with your setup. I recommend trying to delete it and all the source and set it up from the gui over again.

No, that messed up it all again.

by default thisfile looks like this:
Code:
<source>
            <name>Videos</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/storage/videos/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/storage/tvshows/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/storage/music/</path>

however my Movies are NOT in Videos folder, and my TV Shows are NOT in tvshows folder, etc. My folder naming on my hdds doesn't match xbmc philosophy of default folder names for media. So I will replace the default with a copy I made before deleting. It worked flawlessly. Thanks for tip thoughWink
(2014-05-16, 22:22)thither Wrote: Reference for the above. Note that the suggested method in that thread, of setting folder_rename to 0, doesn't work for me either, because even with this option set the final filename is changed after unpacking (eg, from "My New Movie(1987)/RAR_NAME/xyzzy.mkv" to "My New Movie(1987)/My New Movie(1987).mkv").

I've seen some workarounds on the web of setting up SAB to download to a particular directory, and then having Couch Potato watch that directory and move files to their final locations, but I don't particularly want to set up Couch Potato just to move files around for me. If I could get Watchdog to ignore the temp directories, that would solve my problem.
Added _UNPACK* to the ignore list, but you have to know it will not always be possible to skip it simply because the full path of the added files are not always available. Also, if you change anything outside the unpack dir while it unpacks, it will still be added because it's xbmc that scans and adds it, not watchdog. To really fix it, you need enable cleaning, fix sabnzbd, or setup xbmc to ignore it.
I have this running on my main windows 7 xbmc. Runs fantastic, has done so for over a yr now.
I thought I would add it to my android box, it seems to install fine but now anytime I try to play any other add on, itv player, bbc iplayer , radio etc etc, they simply do not load up. If I uninstall watchdog, they then run ok.

Anyone have this prob?

Thanks
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4