• 37(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2014-05-30, 12:57)jjmucker Wrote: I have this running on my main windows 7 xbmc. Runs fantastic, has done so for over a yr now.
I thought I would add it to my android box, it seems to install fine but now anytime I try to play any other add on, itv player, bbc iplayer , radio etc etc, they simply do not load up. If I uninstall watchdog, they then run ok.

Anyone have this prob?

Thanks
Sounds very much like http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14212 (see first post in this thread). Thought that had been fixed by now. It's a very strange and rare bug so if you can give any insight into what's causing it... (I believe it's related to faulty network connection somehow)
I've no idea why it's happening pal. I wouldn't know where to start. Sad
Having the following issue when attempting to shutdown XBMC:

XBMC crashes with Runtime Error! C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusualy way.
Please contact the applications support theam for more information.

The last line in the log with debugging turned on:

23:24:43 T:4692 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.watchdog\service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
23:24:43 T:6052 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 6052 terminating
(2014-05-29, 15:07)takoi Wrote: Added _UNPACK* to the ignore list, but you have to know it will not always be possible to skip it simply because the full path of the added files are not always available. Also, if you change anything outside the unpack dir while it unpacks, it will still be added because it's xbmc that scans and adds it, not watchdog. To really fix it, you need enable cleaning, fix sabnzbd, or setup xbmc to ignore it.

Fantastic - it works like a charm! Thanks so much! I can deal with having the occasional bad entry in there from an unusual rar structure or whatnot, but this will solve my problem about 95% of the time.
(2014-06-02, 05:29)helloterence Wrote: Having the following issue when attempting to shutdown XBMC:

XBMC crashes with Runtime Error! C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusualy way.
Please contact the applications support theam for more information.

The last line in the log with debugging turned on:

23:24:43 T:4692 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.watchdog\service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
23:24:43 T:6052 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 6052 terminating
See first post. Especially the part in bold red Wink
Watchdog is working fine for me. Just one question.

I'm using subtitles for my shows. Is Watchdog triggered every time I've downloaded a subtitle in the same dir as the show episode?
I've noticed that every time an episode (for which a subtitled is downloaded) has finished playing, the watchdow notification pops up.

If Watchdog is triggered by these downloaded subtitles, can a filesize threshold be an option?
Did the freezing of other apps on android boxes ever get fixed?
I am having an issue with watchdog ever since I put my SSD into my ZBOX ID88 from a ZBOX AD04. Every time OpenELEC boots up watchdog says that the paths for my movies can't be found.

The thing is though that when I drop a file into one of the folders, it picks it up, so I know that it is working. I also don't get that error every time, sometimes it scans the paths just fine.

Could it be that the system is booting up too fast?

Thanks for any help on this.

Shedrock
Any idea why this is happening in OpenELEC 4.0.5?

Anyone?
(2014-05-30, 13:34)takoi Wrote:
(2014-05-30, 12:57)jjmucker Wrote: I have this running on my main windows 7 xbmc. Runs fantastic, has done so for over a yr now.
I thought I would add it to my android box, it seems to install fine but now anytime I try to play any other add on, itv player, bbc iplayer , radio etc etc, they simply do not load up. If I uninstall watchdog, they then run ok.

Anyone have this prob?

Thanks
Sounds very much like http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14212 (see first post in this thread). Thought that had been fixed by now. It's a very strange and rare bug so if you can give any insight into what's causing it... (I believe it's related to faulty network connection somehow)

I'm seeing a similar issue on OpenELEC 4.0.5 + Aeon Nox 5. If watchdog is running, various things won't run immediately when selected (such as openelec settings, various skin setting options, youtube addon), then a couple minutes later all pop up at once. Uninstalling watchdog fixes the problem. (In case it helps: All of my videos are on a network share.)
Hi, great add-on!

I get an error saying "Path not found" at startup. Thats because I have manually changed a few folders, so that path does not exist anymore! How do I get watchdog to ignore this non-existent path? I tried going into add-on settings and resetting to default but no joy.
(2014-06-08, 18:18)jjmucker Wrote: Did the freezing of other apps on android boxes ever get fixed?
You reported it like a week ago and I just got the ticket reopened, so no. It's not an android issue and it's not a watchdog issue. I know it seems like that, but there are other add-ons that will trigger the same freezing. Nobody really knows what the issue is yet, so proving information in the ticked (especially on how to reproduce) will probably speed things along.

(2014-06-17, 00:29)shedrock Wrote: Any idea why this is happening in OpenELEC 4.0.5?

Anyone?
Need debug log

(2014-06-27, 14:17)extremeaudio Wrote: Hi, great add-on!

I get an error saying "Path not found" at startup. Thats because I have manually changed a few folders, so that path does not exist anymore! How do I get watchdog to ignore this non-existent path? I tried going into add-on settings and resetting to default but no joy.
Remove the media source from xbmc.
Here is my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3ljpp7e0hjn2gh/xbmc.log

Thanks
(2014-06-29, 13:14)shedrock Wrote: Here is my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3ljpp7e0hjn2gh/xbmc.log

Thanks
That's error log. You need to enable debug logging. Read guide on wiki.
Hopefully I did it right this time:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/565qc85nprr5g0q/xbmc-2.log

btw: all those paths do actually exist. As I mentioned in a few posts back, the files are picked up when dropped into the folders. It is just that message showing up every time I start XBMC.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4