• 40(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
I have determined a problem with Watchdog when using it on a MAC OSX 10.7.5 with XBMC 13.2

Here's a link to the thread...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1790102
Hey,

I need some advise configuring this addon.

I run openelec 4.0.6. on a intel NUC, the OS runs on a internal SSD drive, my media is located on a synology NAS
In xmbc is set wait on network at boot, if this is not set my mysql library is not loaded.
The media is accessed by NFS shares such as:
nfs://192.168.1.2/volume1/video/Fims
nfs://192.168.1.2/volume1/video/Series
nfs://192.168.1.2/volume2/series
nfs://192.168.1.2/volume1/music
etc

The library is stored in a mysql database which is located on the NAS.

I installed watchdog on the NUC and set the watch the media video media sources set in xbmc.
Als i set hide status and no confim on delete.

Now the questions, problems i have:
- why does is it eachtime i start openelec say: adding source nfs://xxxx etc, why is this not saved?
- must i set it to polling or auto?
- why does it show info when cleaning etc, it is set to hide....

Who can advise?
Watchdog only works on my Windowsmachine with XBMC
on my Raspberry with raspbmc or Openelec it does not work Sad

I Use a SMB Share in XMBC Log i found
Code:
15:56:00 T:2634642512   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://USERNAME:PASSWORD@SERVER/Multimedia/Films/Old/BeeetleJuice.avi
15:56:00 T:2936673360   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - << 10
15:56:00 T:2936673360   DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> POLL not sent

is there a Problem with Username and Password? Or is it normaly that the u:p are replaced in Logs?
very strange, cause on my windowsmachine it works
(2014-09-11, 16:08)Hyperbit Wrote: is there a Problem with Username and Password? Or is it normaly that the u:p are replaced in Logs?
very strange, cause on my windowsmachine it works
It's normal. Just post the entire log on xbmclogs.com and I'll look at it. In fact, the reason user/pass is replaced is so you can safely post it on the intewebs
(2014-09-10, 23:36)B3rt Wrote: - why does is it eachtime i start openelec say: adding source nfs://xxxx etc, why is this not saved?
It is 'saved'. It just needs some time to initialize. How much, depends on numerous things like whether some of your sources are offline.

(2014-09-10, 23:36)B3rt Wrote: - must i set it to polling or auto?
That option is for local sources. So auto.

(2014-09-10, 23:36)B3rt Wrote: - why does it show info when cleaning etc, it is set to hide....
I'm not sure what options you're talking about. The dialog is controlled by xbmc and unfortunately it can't be hidden. However, possible workaround are being worked on so stay tuned and help test beta release when time comes..
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=290866

I deleted 2 Episodes from a Show
and I Add 2 Episodes Withhin a New Show (A Show)

Much seconds Later a Databasecleanup appears, but no Libary Refresh ( "A Test" was not added )

(The Same Test on my Windows Machine works with no Problems )
(2014-09-11, 17:16)takoi Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 23:36)B3rt Wrote: - why does is it eachtime i start openelec say: adding source nfs://xxxx etc, why is this not saved?
It is 'saved'. It just needs some time to initialize. How much, depends on numerous things like whether some of your sources are offline.

But why is it shown eachtime i start xbmc?
Notifications are disabled.

(2014-09-10, 23:36)B3rt Wrote: - must i set it to polling or auto?
That option is for local sources. So auto.
OK, for local only, netwok value settings [tab: advanced] below are they in minutes?

(2014-09-10, 23:36)B3rt Wrote: - why does it show info when cleaning etc, it is set to hide....
I'm not sure what options you're talking about. The dialog is controlled by xbmc and unfortunately it can't be hidden. However, possible workaround are being worked on so stay tuned and help test beta release when time comes..
I meant the settings 'show notifications' in the general tab, this option is disabled but still i get popups from watchdog when it does something such as on start show the adding option, start deleting popup etc,
I would expect if notification is OFF it would show no info whatsoever in xbmc
(2014-09-11, 20:01)Hyperbit Wrote: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=290866

I deleted 2 Episodes from a Show
and I Add 2 Episodes Withhin a New Show (A Show)

Much seconds Later a Databasecleanup appears, but no Libary Refresh ( "A Test" was not added )

(The Same Test on my Windows Machine works with no Problems )
You've found a bug: it start scanning while doing the database cleanup, which it shouldn't. That's why it's 'lost'. There's a race condition and that's probably why you're seeing it raspberry, which is most likely much much slower than your desktop. Note that the bug should only occur when you add and delete files at the same time (or move files). If you wait a while after deleting before adding, it should scan normally. I will try to make a fix in the coming days.
(2014-09-11, 21:53)takoi Wrote: You've found a bug:

Strike ! Wink
Can't wait for a fix Smile - thank you!
(2014-09-11, 21:35)B3rt Wrote: OK, for local only, netwok value settings [tab: advanced] below are they in minutes?
in seconds
(2014-09-10, 23:36)B3rt Wrote: I meant the settings 'show notifications' in the general tab, this option is disabled but still i get popups from watchdog when it does something such as on start show the adding option, start deleting popup etc,
I would expect if notification is OFF it would show no info whatsoever in xbmc
I can understand the confusion. 'Notifications' are something different and displayed in the bottom-right corner. The one on startup is a progress bar and was added and is always shown because people continuously tried to exit xbmc while watchdog is starting (which will often crash xbmc). It shouldn't normally display for more than a couple of seconds, tops, anyway. The update/clean dialogs are controlled by xbmc, like I said. There's an option for hiding the library update progress in the system settings. As for the clean library popup, it's something that's being worked on (see PR5324)
Okay finally made it work some of it.. Heres i debug log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=296834

The whole things is running on windows 8 and ofc. Gotham 13.2

It somehow dosnt pick up my tv shows unless im doing it manually...
Watchdog has been set to polling and auto (tried both) And force global scan.

Its setup exactly as it is with my movie folder which works perfect.

Im constantly getting the runtime error, dont know if that will help anything to fix that? When im closing XBMC or trying to open an app like the logupdater...
Watchdog works great between my mac, RPI and firetv, I've been using btorrent sync between my devices and it always picks up new entries when pushed across the devices.

I've set it so it cleans when files are moved or deleted , but it doesn't pickup deleted files for some reason. Do I need to set the polling to something else to pick up these changes ?
Hi, first of all, thanks for a great plugin.

I am having issues with one particular share only and I'm hoping you can help me troubleshoot. Brief info on setup:
I have latest version of XBMC + Watchdog installed (downloaded & installed a few days ago) on a Windows server (HS) with local mySQL. It consist of 5 harddisks for data with shares:
HD1: \\HS\HDMOVIES1
HD2: \\HS\HDMOVIES2
HD3: \\HS\SERIES
HD4: \\HS\SERIES2
HD5: \\HS\MUSIC (+Several other shares not added as source in XBMC)

WatchDog appears to rapidly add new stuff added to all sources above except \\HS\SERIES. Anything I add there appears not to be added by WatchDog, but if I run a manual scan in XBMC it's added. At first I thought maybe it's because I have a dropbox folder on the same harddisk (not within the \\HS\SERIES share), and that there is too much read/write traffic on the actual disk - but new music added to \\HS\Music, where there is constant read/write traffic 24/7 to other folders, is working fine. So I doubt that's the reason.
The folder structure on \\HS\Series is like
\\HS\Series\<show>\<season>\<episode>

I enabled debugging then added a new episode: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e64b900c8832ef15be1d

As you can see on line 4670 way down WatchDog obviously notices the episode is added but does nothing to add to library. Before I did the last test here I added several episodes of the show Outlander, which were not added. I waited an hour or so then I created a new show (\\HS\SERIES\Hack.My.Brain) and added 1 episode as a subfolder. This seemed to kickstart things and the Outlander episodes were added, which you probably can see further up in the log.

Hoping you can assist. In advance, thank you.
(2014-09-17, 15:44)Pressi Wrote: Okay finally made it work some of it.. Heres i debug log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=296834

The whole things is running on windows 8 and ofc. Gotham 13.2

It somehow dosnt pick up my tv shows unless im doing it manually...
Watchdog has been set to polling and auto (tried both) And force global scan.

Its setup exactly as it is with my movie folder which works perfect.

Im constantly getting the runtime error, dont know if that will help anything to fix that? When im closing XBMC or trying to open an app like the logupdater...
Unfortunately that's only error log which doesn't contain any debug info. (You forgot to enable debugging in system settings) See Log file (wiki) for step-by-step.

(2014-09-20, 16:54)PushPull Wrote: I enabled debugging then added a new episode: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e64b900c8832ef15be1d
You're using unstable git version! Don't, if you expect something working:p It's most likely already fixed.
(2014-09-21, 12:33)takoi Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 16:54)PushPull Wrote: I enabled debugging then added a new episode: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e64b900c8832ef15be1d
You're using unstable git version! Don't, if you expect something working:p It's most likely already fixed.

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply. I'm rather new to XBMC but I've very recently downloaded & installed both XBMC 13.2 & WatchDog 0.8.1. So I should be running release builds on both. So which GIT is "unstable", and what exactly would you like me to change ? (Hallo forresten! Smile)
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4