• 32(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2013-11-07, 22:09)devkid Wrote: You dont even need this addon then I guess. XBMC will do pretty exactly what you want when you activate "Settings -> Video -> Database -> Update on start" (or similar).
That isn't good enough for people who leave XBMC running all day. Without this addon or similar your library will never update automatically unless you force it to or restart XBMC. That's the whole point of the addon.
I am well aware. But my response was a direct answer to this:
(2013-11-07, 09:25)Stildawn Wrote: Perhaps it's not designed for me, I usually just turn on xbmc to watch stuff and afterwards I turn it off. I thought that as soon as I turned xbmc on that the watchdog would run a library update if it detected new files. Which would suit me perfectly.
If that's all you need then you don't need this addon, as was explained by devkid.
Hi.
I am having problems with constant scanning if watchdog is enabled.

I am using Frodo 12.2 with mysql shared library to 4 different setups. All shares are on one server. I have checked the server and there are absolutly no hdd activity going on so I dont know what is triggering watchdog to scan over and over again without stop.

any help would be great! Smile
I have a network share (NFS) on WD My Book Live which is configured as one of the folders in XBMC. I see that now my MBL does not sleep! even if I am not using XBMC.

Is there a way to make this access on need basis. I am sure the watchdog is polling constantly to get new updates from the NFS share.

Please guide how can I disable this
I used watchdog on my raspberry pi (raspbcm) and it worked great from the start but now i switched to a minix neo x5 mini with android and i get error notification saying "script failed! Confusedervice.py" as soon as i install the addon.

When i start xbmc i get the notification and when I reinstall it it pops up again, here is the log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=94402

I would appreciate any input on this thx =)
(2013-12-02, 18:42)nir1978 Wrote: I have a network share (NFS) on WD My Book Live which is configured as one of the folders in XBMC. I see that now my MBL does not sleep! even if I am not using XBMC.

Is there a way to make this access on need basis. I am sure the watchdog is polling constantly to get new updates from the NFS share.

Please guide how can I disable this
Over network polling is the only option. Whether the disk will go to sleep is entirely controlled by the os, and will probably be different. All I've tested on is my linux server and there the entire filesystem is cached and polling will not spin up the disks.

(2013-12-07, 14:54)tjackhora Wrote: I used watchdog on my raspberry pi (raspbcm) and it worked great from the start but now i switched to a minix neo x5 mini with android and i get error notification saying "script failed! Confusedervice.py" as soon as i install the addon.

When i start xbmc i get the notification and when I reinstall it it pops up again, here is the log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=94402

I would appreciate any input on this thx =)
That's not what the log says. I can't see any error thrown by the script. What it says is that watchdog tries to initialize for "ftp://USER:[email protected]:21201/rtorrent/downloads/Movies/" but use a very long time (either it's offline or incredible large or slow), then before it's finished you stop the addon. That probably cause a message in the gui, and may have prevented xbmc from shutting down later on as well.
Quote:That's not what the log says. I can't see any error thrown by the script. What it says is that watchdog tries to initialize for "ftp://USER:[email protected]:21201/rtorrent/downloads/Movies/" but use a very long time (either it's offline or incredible large or slow), then before it's finished you stop the addon. That probably cause a message in the gui, and may have prevented xbmc from shutting down later on as well.

I removed all my library's and sources so know i can exit xbmc properly and there is no error notification when i start it up again. I added a smaller library and scanned for new content but when i tries to restart xbmc it freeze and the error pops up at start.

I also get the error when i do the same thing but disables and then enable watchdog, is there any way to know when watchdog is finished initializing?

do this mean anything?
11:48:17 T:1766985736 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/service.watchdog/service.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
All my problems are gone now after uninstalling Watchdog. It's a shame the developer doesn't see that it is his addon causing all this.
Can't we just give it like 15 seconds to exit - maybe then it will exit properly.

However, I've mapped keyboards for updating library and clean library (use with caution).

You can see the code below which is in:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keymap.xml

Code:
keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<g>UpdateLibrary(Video)</g>
<y>CleanLibrary(Video)</y>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Hello,

I just stumbled upon this plugin a couple days ago.

I had a quick question in regards to mounting the file system and my setup, perhaps someone can shine some light on to this?

So I have 3 XBMC devices in my house, an HTPC running OpenElec, and two raspberrypi's one running OpenElec one raspBMC.
The raspBMC is my dedicated library updating device, it does nothing but this.
All these devices pull library information from an SQL database located on my unRAID server, via advancedsettings.xml.
Also my SMB file shares are added to XBMC via sources.xml.
I understand that in order for watchdog to work I need to mount the shares in the OS/XBMC.

Will watchdog pass the library updates to the SQL database as defined in advancedsettings.xml?
How does watchdog work if not all devices have the shares mounted, does it at all, or only on devices that have the shares mounted?
If all devices need the mount points, do the mount points all have to be named the same, do they have to be in the same location, etc?
(2014-01-23, 20:37)Exist2Resist Wrote: I understand that in order for watchdog to work I need to mount the shares in the OS/XBMC.
It doesn't matter. As long it's a registered media source and available on startup it will be detected. That should include sources.xml
As for you other questions I don't know but I don't think any of it is relevant. The addon only watch the file system for changes and tell xbmc to update the library. xbmc handles the rest. It's the same as pressing the 'update libaray' button in the gui.
You're right, they are available as soon as XBMC boots.
So are you saying that the sources.xml is enough, I do not need to mount the paths?

For instance here is an example of my xml file, they are smb shares:
Code:
...<source>
            <name>Television</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/Television/</path>
        </source>...
You don't need to do anything else, no
Hi

I have been using Watchdog for a while with no issues but I have noticed something today.
I am running Openelec Frodo on a Pi (latest versions).
I have my Music, Movies and TV shows over a network share (smb) from a nas4free server. I have the 'clean on changes' setting on.
Usually the server is left on and it works fine, however I restarted the server and when it shutdown Watchdog cleaned the Movies and TV Shows libraries out to nothing but not the Music. When the server booted up again Watchdog did nothing and I had to 'set content' to get them back.
This is a rare circumstance as the server is rarely rebooted, however I wondered if this was a bug, normal operation or something strange in my system?
As a test I tried disconnecting the network cable randomly and Watchdog did nothing, so it is seeing that as an event that requires no changes, why is loss of network share due to a server reboot different?
I know I could just do it manually, but I really like being lazy and having it clean for me.

Thanks...
Hi,

I'm having issues when using watchdog and Junction folder..

I mean:

Film folder is in M:\Film
Tv show folder in P:\Tv Show

in N:\ I've 2 junction folder that point to Film and Tv Show Folder in other drive.

When using wathdog if M: and P: are not connected plugin clean library off film and tvshows..

If I use the real address he notice that drive are not connected and don't clean from these folder..

edit: all sources are in smb format..watchdog check correctly these source? I noticed that when I start xbmc there's not warning about "path not found"
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4