• 38(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2014-06-29, 15:21)shedrock Wrote: Hopefully I did it right this time:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/565qc85nprr5g0q/xbmc-2.log

btw: all those paths do actually exist. As I mentioned in a few posts back, the files are picked up when dropped into the folders. It is just that message showing up every time I start XBMC.
It's a bit confusing when you say they are 'picked up'. I'm guessing you don't mean it will start scan when files are added to the folder even though it gives an error message (this is know to sometime happen, but only when an unexpected error occur). That not what's happening. It really doesn't exist, at the time watchdog checks it. How are they mounted? What makes /storage/movies/* special? /storage/tvshows and /storage/videos works.
What I mean by "they are picked up" is that if I drop a movie in any of the folders, watchdog still works and finds them. My only problem is that those paths show up every time on boot. This only started happening with OpenELEC 4.x.

There isn't anything special with the paths. They are just smb shares that I mounted using autostart.sh. All those folders are mklinked in one main folder called Shares1 on a windows PC. Anyway, is there a piece of code I can get rid of so those errors aren't displayed at XBMC start up?

Thanks
(2014-06-29, 20:32)shedrock Wrote: What I mean by "they are picked up" is that if I drop a movie in any of the folders, watchdog still works and finds them. My only problem is that those paths show up every time on boot. This only started happening with OpenELEC 4.x.

There isn't anything special with the paths. They are just smb shares that I mounted using autostart.sh. All those folders are mklinked in one main folder called Shares1 on a windows PC. Anyway, is there a piece of code I can get rid of so those errors aren't displayed at XBMC start up?

Thanks
If it says the path doesn't exist it won't ever check the path again. It won't pick up changes. The only way that can happen is if the folder you drop it into is reachable from a watched directory; if those /storage/movies/ paths are mounted inside /storage/videos or something. The messages are warnings so people can know when it really isn't watching the path. I don't know what openelec does, but if you want to do it this way, you have to mount the file systems before xbmc is started. They clearly aren't. The only thing I can do is add an optional startup delay, since others have requested it too
Adding a start up delay would be great for me in this case. I don't actually know how to mount the file system before XBMC starts.

Thanks for the help.
I use Shutdown Timer to shut down my machine whenever there is over 60 minutes of inactivity. But ever since I installed watchdog, I don't think its working. Any way to keep both?
(2014-06-04, 12:17)takoi Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 05:29)helloterence Wrote: Having the following issue when attempting to shutdown XBMC:

XBMC crashes with Runtime Error! C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusualy way.
Please contact the applications support theam for more information.

The last line in the log with debugging turned on:

23:24:43 T:4692 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(3, C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.watchdog\service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
23:24:43 T:6052 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 6052 terminating
See first post. Especially the part in bold red Wink

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=240998

Sorry!
Hi, I'm using openelec system. I'm normally running watchdog to keep library up to date but when i enable the XBMC File Cleaner, I think watchdog is breaking or at least when i check the what new downloads I have they are not updated in my library most of the times. Any ideas? Sorry for my English...
Another one for weird lags on latest openelec. just found this , amazing work Smile anything that opens streams over http seems affected. Usefulness of this plugin won over issue though.Don't suppose my logs would add anything not known.
Hi guys,

I'm using Openelec 4.06 with Wathdog 8.0.0 via default repository.
I'm sharing the video directory via NFS from my Synology-NAS but i cant get watchdog to work.

It always says "Watchdog could not find path: nfs://192.168.1.112/videos/1. Movie".
I already configured delay but it didnt help.

Do you have any hints on this?
On my previous device (windows with smb share) everything worked fine :/

# I also tried:
- Install zip from github
- mounted the nfs share via autostart.sh
- very high delay. Watchdog still gives the error at the start of xbmc

The Source/Share/Directory _is_ accessable for xbmc. I have no idea why watchdog is not working
Watchdog no longer works for me using: OpenELEC 4.0.7. It was working in spite of the path error message I kept receiving on boot.

Anyway, is there going to be an update for this add-on for newer builds of OE?

Thanks,

Shedrock
Hi all, since you cant search for short words(NFO), I'm just asking and hoping that this hasn't been covered before Smile

I have recently learnt how XBMC handles NFO files. If you dont have a certain tag in the NFO(epidofeguideurl) in the tvshow.nfo and have episodes without an NFO, XBMC wont include the file in the library.

I haven't decided on how to manage my collection yet, but how will watchdog work in the following scenatio: ?

A new episode file is added to the file system, watchdog notices and gives a signal to XBMC(?), XBMC scans the file, find no NFO and then ignores the file. What happens when I do create a NFO file for this episode, will watchdog pick up on this and give a new signal to XBMC to scan the file? OR would I have to manually start a library update?

Best Regards
Daniel
Hello,
I have just recently started using watchdog plugin. What could be the reason that watchdog is not triggered when I delete or move folders or files from my media location? Just fyi it detects new files or folders without any problem. My library is stored on an external USB drive mounted on boot (before XBMC is started). I use XBMC Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04. Option to clean the library on file move or delete is checked.

Thanks for any help.
(2014-06-30, 19:38)shedrock Wrote: Adding a start up delay would be great for me in this case. I don't actually know how to mount the file system before XBMC starts.

Thanks for the help.
Added. Update available soon. Sorry it took so long, busy with other things..
No problem.

Thanks
I am using beta 2 and it no longer works with 13.2 update......it won't find any sources.

When will a new version be ready?
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4