• 39(current)
[RELEASE] Library watchdog
(2014-08-09, 21:26)deshark Wrote: Hello,
I have just recently started using watchdog plugin. What could be the reason that watchdog is not triggered when I delete or move folders or files from my media location? Just fyi it detects new files or folders without any problem. My library is stored on an external USB drive mounted on boot (before XBMC is started). I use XBMC Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04. Option to clean the library on file move or delete is checked.

Thanks for any help.

I just want to add some more info here. I enabled logging in XBMC and there is no action logged from the watchdog addon when I MOVE files from source to another directory (not a media source for XBMC). When files are deleted or files are added the addon is triggered and library is updated as it should be and it is visible in the log. Anyone maybe had simmilar problems?

Best regards
(2014-08-19, 15:06)deshark Wrote:
(2014-08-09, 21:26)deshark Wrote: Hello,
I have just recently started using watchdog plugin. What could be the reason that watchdog is not triggered when I delete or move folders or files from my media location? Just fyi it detects new files or folders without any problem. My library is stored on an external USB drive mounted on boot (before XBMC is started). I use XBMC Gotham on Ubuntu 14.04. Option to clean the library on file move or delete is checked.

Thanks for any help.

I just want to add some more info here. I enabled logging in XBMC and there is no action logged from the watchdog addon when I remove files from sources. When files are added the addon is triggered and library is updated as it should be and it is visible in the log. Anyone maybe had simmilar problems?

Best regards

There is one known issue on linux (only) with the 'auto' method. It can't detect when files are moved from a watched directory to the outside. Deletions can be detected. Note that "move to trash" is not deleting a file but moving it to the outside trash folder so that might be it. Fixing this is a major task because of more fundamental issue I wont go into detail to here. Most of it should be done by now though.
OK that explains a lot. I thought taht I have messed something in my config Smile
(2014-08-19, 02:27)Scott00007 Wrote: I am using beta 2 and it no longer works with 13.2 update......it won't find any sources.

When will a new version be ready?
Of watchdog? You should be using v0.8.1 from the official add-on repo.
I have tried searching to the issue I am having. I have turned on the option to auto clean the DB when files are deleted. I have had the following issue a couple of times. If I have XBMC running and I restart my samba service on the NAS, watchdog deletes all of the movies....

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Basically I am assuming when it loses connectivity to the share, it assumes the files are gone and does a cleanup?

Any help would be appreciated
Hello, I have been using this great addon for a few months and I love it! Today I updated XBMC to 13.2 from 13.1 and watchdog stopped working. Even though I didn't change any setting. I tried reinstalling, but to no avail.
Is there anything I can try to check if it's working? Is it possible that the service isn't running any more? I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.
Thank you all.

Edit: It now seems to work, sorry for bothering and thanks Big Grin
I am running openelec 4.0.7
Just downloaded this plugin for the first time.
I have network shares mounted.
I delayed startup
The issue is when I add new files they dont appear.
how long should it take for them to appear?
They appear once a do a library update but that kind of defeats the purpose of this plugin
(2014-08-29, 09:17)sledgeDJ Wrote: I am running openelec 4.0.7
Just downloaded this plugin for the first time.
I have network shares mounted.
I delayed startup
The issue is when I add new files they dont appear.
how long should it take for them to appear?
They appear once a do a library update but that kind of defeats the purpose of this plugin
Welcome to the forums! If you have not edited the 'delay before update' setting, the update should occur within seconds. For me to be able to give help in any meaningful way you will have to provide a Debug log (wiki).
(2014-08-29, 14:39)takoi Wrote: Welcome to the forums! If you have not edited the 'delay before update' setting, the update should occur within seconds. For me to be able to give help in any meaningful way you will have to provide a Debug log (wiki).

I will try to get you debug log ASAP in the meantime delay before updating is 1. is that what it should be set at?
Can someone please tell me how I make watchdog cleanup the library without prompting me to keep / remove each individual file?

I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer!

Thanks in advance,

Paul
I also have a problem running the watchdog service on openelec.
It gives an error on the df command;

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=285374
(2014-09-03, 23:36)swiebertje Wrote: I also have a problem running the watchdog service on openelec.

What's the problem? The df stuff is expected on openelec and not an error.
(2014-09-04, 19:17)takoi Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 23:36)swiebertje Wrote: I also have a problem running the watchdog service on openelec.

The problem is that the watchdog service is not updating my library at all.
Manual updates are working fine though.

I read somewhere that the service does not support NFS shares, is that correct?
(2014-09-05, 19:19)swiebertje Wrote:
(2014-09-04, 19:17)takoi Wrote:

The problem is that the watchdog service is not updating my library at all.
Manual updates are working fine though.

I read somewhere that the service does not support NFS shares, is that correct?
Can you post the rest of the log (that covers when you add/delete files)? I use openelec myself. NFS shares are fully supported.
(2014-08-20, 00:57)carda Wrote: I have tried searching to the issue I am having. I have turned on the option to auto clean the DB when files are deleted. I have had the following issue a couple of times. If I have XBMC running and I restart my samba service on the NAS, watchdog deletes all of the movies....

Is this something anyone else has experienced? Basically I am assuming when it loses connectivity to the share, it assumes the files are gone and does a cleanup?

Any help would be appreciated
Hello,
I have same problem as you.
You fixed that problem ?
Best regards,
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Library watchdog4