Assign XBMC app to HDMI & PC speakers default audio device
(2013-05-31, 11:18)costas Wrote: The problem I have is
when i conect HDMI to my Plasma
I can see video BUT sound still comes from laptop not TV
I have clicked HDMI on XBMC sound out
when I watch a video recorded on laptop works fine

Costas I had the exact same problem and found the solution in a thread HERE

All you have to do is plug-in the HDMI cable and AFTER that, launch XBMC, NOT before. That's because XBMC detects all audio output at the beginning, when it launches.

You must also go to System-Settings-System-AudioOutput, on the upper right you choose HDMI and at the bottom you will set the setting to "REALTEK" or "DIrectSound".

You will notice that if you connect your HDMI cable to TV BEFORE launching XBMC, there will be an option with "REALTEK" in AudioOutput, if you connect the cable after launching XBMC there won't be any Smile

If you have a different graphics/sound card, (for example I have ATI) there will be an option with "ATI"/NVIDIA etc written in it. All the above should be done for just one time and then all you have to remember is to connect the HDMI cable BEFORE launching XBMC.

Because Costas is greek I will write everything in greek too. If there is any problem with Forum Rules, please just erase what is written in greek.

Hope I've helped you Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Θα σου το γράψω και ελληνικά (αν πατήσεις στο "HERE" που έβαλα πιο πάνω θα δεις ότι την ερώτηση την έκανε Έλληνας και του απάντησαν ό,τι σου απάντησα κι εγώ)
Ενώνεις το καλώδιο HDMI ΠΡΙΝ ξεκινήσεις το XBMC επειδή το πρόγραμμα ανιχνεύει τις εξόδους ήχου μόνο στην αρχή, όταν ανοίγει. Αν πχ ανοίξεις το πρόγραμμα και μετά ενώσεις τον υπολογιστή στην τηλεόραση δεν θα έχεις ήχο.

Μόλις ενώσεις το καλώδιο, ανοίγεις το πρόγραμμα και πας στο system-settings-system-audio output. Πάνω δεξιά διαλέγεις HDMI (έχει και επιλογές analog, optical/coaxial) Μετά κάτω διαλέγεις την επιλογή που έχει RealTek μέσα ή DirectSound. Αν είχες παρατηρήσει προηγουμένως, αν έβαζες το καλώδιο αφότου είχες ξεκινήσει το πρόγραμμα, δεν υπήρχε επιλογή RealTek, ενώ τώρα θα υπάρχει.

Αν έχεις άλλη κάρτα γραφικών/ήχου (πχ εγώ είχα ΑΤΙ) θα έχει τη λέξη ΑΤΙ. Την παραπάνω ρύθμιση θα την κάνεις μόνο μια φορά. Μετά απλώς θα πρέπει να θυμάσαι να ενώνεις το καλώδιο HDMI και ΜΕΤΑ να ανοίγεις το XBMC Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assign XBMC app to HDMI & PC speakers default audio device6