Win My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden
Does this also fix problems with flashing Bluray subs in xmbc 11??
(2012-09-14, 18:42)Lakigucci Wrote: Does this also fix problems with flashing Bluray subs in xmbc 11??

No but we found another patch for it, look for the other topic
Anyone notice that this build is missing a few .dlls and as such cant play milk drop files etc?

Is there anyway these updates (forced subs etc plus patches) could be merged with Danielas build so we can have a fully functional, upto date, stable bluray version.

Edit:
I know this already had Danielas code, but what I mean is that this has a few bugs such as no music screensaver capability (milk drop) etc ... Therefore can we just pull the patches over to Danielas and have an update to Danielad build... Hope that makes sense now Smile
(2012-09-21, 12:19)PatrickBateman Wrote: Anyone notice that this build is missing a few .dlls and as such cant play milk drop files etc?

Is there anyway these updates (forced subs etc plus patches) could be merged with Danielas build so we can have a fully functional, upto date, stable bluray version.

Edit:
I know this already had Danielas code, but what I mean is that this has a few bugs such as no music screensaver capability (milk drop) etc ... Therefore can we just pull the patches over to Danielas and have an update to Danielad build... Hope that makes sense now Smile
Have you tried installing Daniela's build then just copying this over the top to replace the patched files.

(2012-09-21, 15:47)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2012-09-21, 12:19)PatrickBateman Wrote: Anyone notice that this build is missing a few .dlls and as such cant play milk drop files etc?

Edit:
Have you tried installing Daniela's build then just copying this over the top to replace the patched files.

Hey,
Just tried it, and no it didnt work Sad

The same error is thrown up no matter what, however, installing Eden, or Danielas resolves the visulation issue, but then I lose the additional features.

I'm assuming these files are missing from the exe compile itself.
Shame as this was a sweet build, but no music screen saver / visualisation is just a no go for me Sad

There's always something lol
Frodo to unstable, Danielas has no forced sub support and ISO support, this has no visualisation support lol Smile

We've got 3 fragment versions is there no way to merge the best of these features into 1 fully working compile so far?
(2012-09-21, 17:26)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hey,

The same error is thrown up no matter what, however, installing Eden, or Danielas resolves the visulation issue, but then I lose the additional features.

Shame as this was a sweet build, but no music screen saver / visualisation is just a no go for me Sad

Frodo to unstable, Danielas has no forced sub support and ISO support, this has no visualisation support lol Smile

We've got 3 fragment versions is there no way to merge the best of these features into 1 fully working compile so far?

^ What he said.

Would love for a "ONE to do it all" version that all these sub versions can only do parts of.
Also how to install the patch listed here ? It seems to be not an installation .exe but just the files and folders ? What do you do with them exactly ? I just tried clicking on the xbmc launcher in the files and it started XBMC but the subtitles still didn't work ?
(2012-09-25, 09:18)timoxx4 Wrote:
(2012-09-21, 17:26)PatrickBateman Wrote: Hey,

^ What he said.

Would love for a "ONE to do it all" version that all these sub versions can only do parts of.

+1
I know frodo is coming but it's still in alpha so it's not gonna be any time soon, does Daniela, Wanalton, DDDamion fancy helping us out as I too had exactly the same issue with these builds.

Danials doesn't play my ISO files,
Danielas doesnt p,ay forced subs (which is a top top top feaure)

this version doesn't play visualisations and throws an error etc..

Can anyone step in and compile Danielas build, with forced subs, the ffmpeg updates for ISO support and forced subs etc as this would seriously solve a lot of issues and bring these threads (users) together as like those guys above said, it's 3 fragmented versions that are all comparable with each other but just need someone to do it.

Im having trouble with drivers on my pc so that should give you an inside to my technical knowledge Laugh but if one of those guys can bash up a new compile it would do the community a serious favour and give it a build it could literally really rely on until frodo comes out.

Fingers crossed someone reads this and feels in a good mood Smile
You're unlikely to get any developer interest as they'll be all busy working towards the release of Frodo, the best way forward would be to ensure any ffmeg fixes are included in the mainline code so will appear in the nightlies, alpha snapshots, and the final Frodo release whenever that happens.

Has anyone tested either a recent nightly or alpha as the version of ffmeg was bumped after the release of Eden, so some of these patches may well be in mainline already.
Yea, but as Daniela isn't working on AE and the guy who made this bluray version or Wanalton aren't either, I thought maybe one of them could update their builds for us, not necessarily a dev, just a power user will do Smile
This release also worked for me, but the issue or concern i have is the forced subtitle track needs to be set in xbmc yet. And when frodo is released what happens then. Will this patch be supported?

Some releases i have 20 subtitle tracks and 4 english ones, i have no idea which to select....I have no idea if its possible to auto detect the forced stream.

I dont know if this detection could be improved to display automatically.

I messaged hakya but it seems he has vanished for now.

The entire forced subtitle issue with mt2s (bluray files) are the main reason I have not fully switched to xbmc yet, and unfortunately going through my entire library remuxing, or converting to mkv I just dont have time for.
Improvements to PGS subs have just been merged into the code for Frodo, don't know if that includes any of these patches so download a nightly build if you wish to test.
Just tried the nightly it is a good start, tried star wars, and it is showing forced subtitles but again on my disc their are 30 tracks with 4-5 english tracks alone, and I have to locate the one through trial an error.

Looks like they are also implementing bd-lite mpls playback which is nice and a good start, full bluray structure playback (obviously without menus) has been somewhat neglected previously by xbmc. Hopefully things continue to progress.

The only other issue i still have is fast forwarding and rewinding of bluray structure, some folders mainly seamless branched blurays act erratic, often skipping back to the begining of the movie. I have seen complaints for years about this even with people using dvd. I dont know if that could be addressed or is fixable either.
(2012-04-15, 05:30)hakuya Wrote: Binary: Zip Archive
Source: On GitHub

Thanks for this build!!! I have moved from the current version of Frodo to your Eden build with HD audio & fixes. I'm using the Aeon MQ3 skin and so far so good!

LOVE that all my HD-DVD and BLU-RAY mkv files are playing back with no hiccups. Even the HD-DVD Dolby Digital Plus tracks are perfect! (not true with Frodo)

Can't believe it took me this long to find this thread Smile
(2012-09-25, 18:31)DerekCuster Wrote: +1
I know frodo is coming but it's still in alpha so it's not gonna be any time soon, does Daniela, Wanalton, DDDamion fancy helping us out as I too had exactly the same issue with these builds.

Danials doesn't play my ISO files,
Danielas doesnt p,ay forced subs (which is a top top top feaure)

this version doesn't play visualisations and throws an error etc..

Can anyone step in and compile Danielas build, with forced subs, the ffmpeg updates for ISO support and forced subs etc as this would seriously solve a lot of issues and bring these threads (users) together as like those guys above said, it's 3 fragmented versions that are all comparable with each other but just need someone to do it.

Im having trouble with drivers on my pc so that should give you an inside to my technical knowledge Laugh but if one of those guys can bash up a new compile it would do the community a serious favour and give it a build it could literally really rely on until frodo comes out.

Fingers crossed someone reads this and feels in a good mood Smile

Would really like to see this happen as well Smile
Replicating the changes hakuya made in his EdenHDRemix branch to enable PGS subs support, against the current frodo master on github has fixed the issue for me again now in Frodo.

My file uploads appear look like i've replaced the entire files but if you compare hakuyas PGS changes against current master and make the necessary amendments, all is well.

Example of issue: Na'vi subtitles in Avatar not appearing when subtitles are not enabled (on Bluray rip specifically)

Commits Made:

https://github.com/hakuya/xbmc/commit/63...acbebf9b55
https://github.com/hakuya/xbmc/commit/6f...b2b5694861

Some of the changes already exist in Frodo, so not all amendments listed were needed. I assume they were pulled in during an ffmpeg update

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My BRRip Playback Branch of Eden2