• 39(current)
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
My data-source is Aus-TV NOT AUS-TVRSS.
Sorry, just got new ver now, i selected austv, still not working, now i selected the XML one and i selected Sydney>Foxtel. Now i just get info up the top and please wait...
Cmon, post people, im in real need of XBMC TV, if someone can help me ill pay them $1000 virtual dollars.Eek
Ok well, ive just booted my Xbox up, and gone into myTv, now i only get 'Some' Programs, but when i click on the good ones it just says Retrieving Description.
Now i need help with that.... and is it possible to get the other channels?
I am a complete noob to this so sorry for the obvious questions.

In order to get the data sources to work, you have to have one of the supported PC cards installed and working inside of a PC first correct?

Then it feeds the content through your network connection?

Another question, what if you have a happauge nexus-s card in a PC and using add-ins like yanksee or such, does myTV care?

Sorry again, I am completely new to this script and sort of new to xmbc.

Thanks in advance for help.
you dont need a tv card, just pick the country of your datasource. The tv cards are just for scheduling recordings.

It does support a couple of haupp. tv cards. try it.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Questions still not answered
I just wanted you to know that the norwegian datasource 'nettavisen' is not working anymore:

ok thanks.
Retired from Add-on dev
Hi there, this looks like a really great script, unfortunately the New Zealand datasource doesnt appear to work properly anymore.

It fails once it reaches "other channels" - i'm trying to get a screenshot of the debug now.
hi.

I have v1.17, which fixes several datasources, ready to release but xbmcscripts doesnt seem to be accepting uploads at moment.

I'll check that was one I've fixed in the meantime.
cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

Here's the debug:

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid new user bug, but everytime I run the script, it freezes my display. It runs ok up to the point of displaying the first screen of listings. On moving down the list to the point where it is looking for the next page of listings, it freezes at the point of wanting to display the next page. If an audio file is playing, this carries on, but the display hangs. Doing an XBMC debug, I get the following line at the point of the display hanging
10:07:46 M: 24190976 ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
so I would guess that the display part of the XBMC app is crashing.

Now some tests I've run include using different builds of XBMC (T3... etc) and also formating the drive, using 3 different BIOSes (X2 5035, M8, M8+). My XBOX is a v1.6 box.

Thanks

Andy
hi,

I'm writing a datasource for SageTV - a SageTV forum user has written a webserver for that PVR application and I'm using that as the source. As the server is on the local LAN I do not use the cache because it is fast enough as it is.

I've got 2 little things still bothering me:

- the server uses user name and password which I can pass as http://user : password@my_ip, the safe_url in bbblib does not allow the use of the '@' sign so it would be nice if that could be included in the list of allowed characters for a url.

- I 'abuse' the genre to indicate whether a program has been scheduled for recording which works nicely. I've also a draft version for scheduling a recording however when a recording has been set the screen goes back to where it was. It would be nice if I could force it to re-read the datasource - how can this be done?

Jan
Quote:smb://administratorConfusedomepassword@KITCHEN/myTV/
(setup also needs the correct IP translation of KITCHEN - which is may discover automatically for you)

Try testing your SMB path with the main menu option to 'Play Files from SMB' . drop some video files into the remote share and see if it lists them.

I know xbmc is fine with shares but it doesnt use the smb/nmb python libs that I have too.

I've used the entire day without luck to get it to work.
My administrator account and share works from XBMC.

I used the README to setup myTV to use Hauppauge WinTV2000.

No errors found in the xbmc.log.

Tried different clean installs of XMBC :

2006-11-06 XBMC 2.0.1 FINAL-FAT-T3CH
2007-04-03 XBMC 2.0.GasGiver
2007-07-16 XBMC-SVN_rev9578-T3CH
2007-08-05 XBMC-SVN_rev9821-deff

Every time I did a clean install of the myTV script.

Host PC running M$ Windows XP Professional (SP2).

I've no more ideas. Sad
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)1