• 43(current)
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
Thank you for the support..I'm at work now, but will definitely try this later...Awesome!! Again thanks!
BigBellyBilly,

have sent you a e-mail to your gmail address with the log file (last week). Have just updated to latest T3CH XBMC (v12881) and latest xTV skin and have noticed a number of issues. I'm losing parts of your script off of the top and sides of the screen. Everything else in the system seems to read the current skin settings for overscan just fine. Tried various regions for au_yourtv datasource and over 75% of channels are showing "No Program" enteries. Even au_XMLTV seems pretty hit and miss at the moment (using freesd listings). Let me know if you would like another log file (and how you prefer to see it) and I will send one off.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
hi. I replied to your google email, which had some fixes attached. I take it you didnt get that ?
Retired from Add-on dev
Sorry BigBellyBilly, Thunderbird thought your e-mail was junk, pretty sure it's not. Will let you know for sure when I get a chance to check the latest update Wink. Thanks again.

wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Hi BigBellyBilly,

Yes I know this is beta, but have Another issue for you to work you magic on (suggest you use an American screwdriver on it Wink). With the latest version keep getting a "Datasource error! Unable to load channel list" requester as I try to start the script. Clicking OK to acknowledge the error just puts me back to the scripts menu. Can't get in to try another datasource / clear the channel list, so kind of stuck. Suggest you just display a blank EPG and allow changing of config thru the config menu. BTW, where exactly does the channel list now live (I'm sure I could find it with a bit of a hunt around, but since I have your eye at the moment , thought I would ask)

Wyrm

config.dat is under UserData\mytv
all channel files kept in UserData\mytv\cache

deleting the config.dat will cause it to ask for datasource & saveprogramme at startup.
deleting channel files will force a re-download of data.
I've been working on it somemore adding skinning support (plus other fixes) so will post a new beta soon.
let me know if you want me to resend the email or any files, but I'll be posting a new beta soon
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:config.dat is under UserData\mytv
all channel files kept in UserData\mytv\cache

deleting the config.dat will cause it to ask for datasource & saveprogramme at startup.
deleting channel files will force a re-download of data.
I've been working on it somemore adding skinning support (plus other fixes) so will post a new beta soon.
let me know if you want me to resend the email or any files, but I'll be posting a new beta soon

BigBellyBilly,

Thanks for the file locations, if the little whoops happens again will be able to fix. Still think bringing up a blank EPG and allowing the user to fix things thru the setup menu is a better behaviour. I always think it's better to handle error situations thru the supplied GUI (yep, I know it's not always possible). As a side issue, the first time you run the script, requesters appear on the script menu screen instead of the main EPG screen of your script. Not a bug as such, just a little jarring visually.

No hurry on the file, can wait for you next beta. Thanks for the script, it's really starting to come along nicely.

Wyrm

BigBellyBilly,

I think I have figured out what my issue with the datasources is. I fired up your script late last night (11:30pm local time) and noticed that the date for the channel info was out by one day. That is instead of pulling in data for the 15th, it was pulling in the data for the 16th. Just checked it again and its seems to be doing the same thing, loading Sat 17th data instead of Fri 16th data. I can see EPG entries for part of today, as I loaded that info last night, but still pulling in the incorrect data. That explains the 'No program' listings that I have been seeing lately, as the script does not have the data to display. This seems to occur with both au datasources, so I think this is a script error, not a datasource error. If it is any help, Australia (and Western Australia in particular) has just finished daylight savings. Hope this helps to track down what's happening, if you need one , I can send you another log file.

Wyrm

code has progressing enough to post another beta.
Most notably additions are skinning support (header/footer/view changelog/readme) , Webscheduler Pro support with more fixes from feedback I've had.
Adding skinning support allowed me to rip out loads of code to do with drawing the animated footer.

Main skins supplied are PMIII and MC360 (with and w/o blades, rename xml according to your preference).

Am looking for skinning conversion (of the main XML) to other skins.... Can you help?

Included skin of the textviewer for:
basics-101
BasicsVision
incidious
xbox-classic
xTv

Lot of work in the saveprogramme 'timers' area, so I'm especially interested in feedback from tv card users.

get it http://rapidshare.com/files/118528749/my...9.rar.html
thanks
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
my WIP of BasicsVision skin file
it's only idea of layout, but i realy like MyTV skining ability

screenshot
blimey smuto, nearly fell of my chair when I saw that. maybe there is something in this skinning lark Wink

The X button swaps the footers between Buttons / nav Lists - Is that accommodated for ?

i use my own IMDb module to get/display IMDb info, at present its just a normal script windowdialog with all the info throw on it and that overlays the guide.
I think it might be would be worth re-writing it as a skinned module. (ideally I'd like to throw a title at the xbmc built in IMDb lookup, but I don't see way to do that...?)

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
nav Lists - yes i'm in progress

all thx to u & XBMC skining engine
smuto
so now that zap2it doesn't work (unavailable) - what now?

Thanks!

Copy
wait for v1.18, its close to release. Fixes/adds many things including a replacement zap2it datasource 'SchedulesDirect'

PM me if you wish to test that datasource for me ?
Retired from Add-on dev
Thumbs Up 
It's taken far longer than expected, what with feature creep and other scripts inbetween, but I'm finally happy enough with next myTV to let you all have it Smile

Changelog:
Quote: Fix/Change/Updated: All datasources and SaveProgramme modules.
Change: datasource us_Zap2it amended to use us_SchedulesDirect (now a paid for service - you need to sign up ~ $20 - sorry!)
Fix/Updated: IMDb scraping.
Fix/Updated: LiveSportOnTV scraping.
Fix/Updated: TVRage.com scraping.
Change: Cache and settings now located in UserData\script_data\myTV
Change: Removed dependancy on 3rd party ClientCookie lib, now uses python 2.4's urllib2 cookie lib
Change: Readme/Changelog can be displayed from Settings Menu.
Change: Language translation of readme.txt (if supplied).
Change: datasource be_Telenet removed (broken due to too many site changes)
Change: Main & Settings Menu more context sensitive.
Change: Faster channel data analysis, storage.
Change: Faster epg display.
Change: Configuring of DataSources and SaveProgrammes overhauled.
Change: Removed TV.com lookup until script is brought upto be myTV v1.18 compatible
Change: Other stuff I can't remember, but quite a lot!
New: Language support (translations wanted!)
New: Skinning support (pleaase contribute!)
New: Self update from xbmc google svn repository supported (see Settings Menu).
New: SageTV DataSource and SaveProgramme.
New: WebScheduler supports Old, Pro and OpenSource versions (Thanks ozNick for major contribution to this).
New: datasource pl_Teleman (polish)
New: datasource pc_XMLTV - requires a remote PC to fetch data using xmltv.exe <grabber>
New: datasource de_TVInfo and de_XMLTV (german)
New: datasource au_OzTivo and au_OurGuide (Australian)
New: Logos downloadable, no longer included with installation package.
New: Setting option: Wake On Lan (Sent on myTV startup and before any SaveProgramme calls)
New: All icons shrink according to programme width (not just timer icon)
New: Timer recording overlay bar, shows actual recording period.
New: Improved timer matching, allowing for timer padding.
Other: Code overhauled in almost every area, if it's broken just let me know!

As so much code has changed and despite the endless patience of those helping me (you know who you are thanks) there's bound to be some bugs still.
If you do find something and it can be repeated, create a xbmc.log debug log by enabling DEBUG in bbbLib.py and sending it to me.

Most complete skins included are PMIII , MC360, xTV and Basic-Vision with lesser support (readme/changelog viewers) for some others.

Thanks to anybody who's already contributed Skins and Language translations, more very welcome!

cheers
BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)1