• 41(current)
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)
Python and its indentation can be a pain, especially when spaces not tabs have been used.

I would like to put a 'PayPal Donate' button on (the thread?) but it's a bit awkward if the XBMC devs (the real heroes) don't have such a system themselves ?

Maybe a new thread/vote entitled "Is it justifiable for Python Scripters to use PayPal Donate" ?

Most do spend a lot of free (*cough* work) time on them afterall.

BBB
Retired from Add-on dev
I would support the Pay Pal idea! Starting MyTV and then push the right analog stick and chosing the reboot option locks XBMC. I do see the "just wait a moment" dialog appear but it it hangs XBMC and doesn't reboot. Manual reboot is the only option left. Regards, Peter
I'm guessing at this point, but I'd imagine myTV onAction isnt checking for that action code (if it even has one?) and possibly the XBMC.ShutDown() (as defined in keymap.xml) is having trouble closing if a script is still running.

Does the same happen with when running other scripts ? If so, it might be one to post in the xbmc bugs section.
Retired from Add-on dev
Bug with WebScheduler playback not returning to front screen has been tracked down.

Find the following line in WebScheduler.py in the saveprogramme section:

Code:
    xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ReplaceWindow(2005)')

Comment out the line using a "#" (no quotes)

Code:
    #xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.ReplaceWindow(2005)')

Delete the WebScheduler.pyo file and restart myTV.

That's it - this will be included in the next release of myTV.

Cheers Nick
BBB sorry for my late reply. Problem doesnt happen with other scripts. Then again, this is imo such a minor problem that there is no need to worry about it. Just exiting with the "back" button and I'll be fine. Have a nice day and thanks again for your help. Regards, Peter
BBB,

How complicated would it be to re-read the schedule for a channel if a recording was set on that channel? I have given it a try but I'm making no progress on this so far. Sad

Reason is that I get the info on recordings trough the genre from the PVR webserver.

Apart from that - almost ready to release the datasource and saveprogramme for SageTV.

Jan
when you instruct a recording to be set with your SaveProgramme, on successful state being returned to myTV, it saves details (time in secs and channel id) to a timers file, then places a timer (clock) icon against the prog on the epg.

These timers are read from the local timers file each time myTV is started so the icons can be re-displayed. However, the Config Option 'Fetech Timers on Startup' will also cause a SaveProgramme.getTimers() functo be run that queries the external source. The idea behind that is that myTV is then upto date with any external setting/cancelling of recordings on the remote PC.

This is done in SaveProgramme Nebula and WebScheduler.

They also have the custom manage() func that is called (if exists) to manage Timers

If you ssend me your code I'll help you finish it.
bigbellybilly at gmail dot com

cheers
BBB

PS. Please use examples from myTV v1.17 for latest code
Retired from Add-on dev
Maybe I am missing something, but when I installed myTV for the first time it did not work. Here are the steps that I took, so someone can tell me where I went wrong.

1) Downloaded and installed myTV 1.17 through XBMCScripts on the latest version of XBMC T3CH (last weekend's release).

2) Ran myTV for the first time and was asked to configure it.

3) I chose us_Zap2It.

3a) Now on the side I tried to register with labs.zap2it.com, but found through Google cached pages that labs.zap2it.com went offline on 01 SEP 07. I registered instead with http://www.zap2it.com.

4) After inputing my username and password (from http://www.zap2it.com instead of labs.zapsit.com) i get error messages refering to xmltv.

Now do I need to install xmltv (couldn't figure out how to do this), or is it just messed up because of the website change? Looking at the screenshots from the forum, I would really like to use this script. Thanks!
I think I got it... or at least I am on the way to fixing it. Seems the Zap2It has changed things a little bit. They are no longer being used as they were before and you must now use SchedulesDirect. You have to pay for their service, but the website says they want to get to $20/yr which doesn't seem too bad.

To fix the imediate problem of it not working, I opened the file myTV/system/mytvlib.py and did a search for datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService and replaced it with webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService. Everything seems to work after that, but my wife kicked me off the xBox and decided to watch America's Next Top Model instead. She doesn't understand the scientific importance of this discovery. I will wait until she is asleep and check it out some more. If someone has already fixed this completely, I would love to hear about it.
BigBellyBilly,

I'm using version 1.17 with the datasource au_YourTV to view program listings for our free to air channels. At the moment there are a number of channels that are listed, but are not transmitting any programs. Is there an easy way to hide (but not delete) the channel listings, so that the listing screen is not cluttered with currently unused channel info.

Maybe a "hide channel" button and a "show all channels" button could be included in the next release.

Please excuse me if such a thing already exists, but I'm buggered if I can find it, and it would certainly save digging around hand editing config files.

Thanks again for your great script.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
You can re-arrange the available channels in the config menu to put the unused channels at the bottom.
Or edit the au_datasource.py to remove the unwanted channels from the defined list.
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:You can re-arrange the available channels in the config menu to put the unused channels at the bottom.
Or edit the au_datasource.py to remove the unwanted channels from the defined list.

Sorry BigBellyBilly, I don't think you quite understand what I'm suggesting. I have re-arranged the (currently) unused channels to the end of the list. I know that a number of the unused channels are meant to come on stream in the future, so I would prefer to leave them in the datastore.py file.

Just thought it might be nice to be able to temporarily hide them using the GUI. I have a digital set top box that has this function and it's very handy.
I will get into the datastore file and comment out the offending lines, but for those people who might not be up for this, using the GUI would be a nice easy way to de-clutter the listings screen. Just a suggestion for a future release
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

I'll look into adding a 'hide' option in the config menu 're-arrange channels' using a different keypad button that will toggle its state.
Retired from Add-on dev
BigBellyBilly Wrote:I'll look into adding a 'hide' option in the config menu 're-arrange channels' using a different keypad button that will toggle its state.

BigBellyBilly, that actually sounds like a better way of going about it. Thanks, will keep an eye out for future releases.

found a pretty big issue with 1.17. All of a sudden the dutch channels dont work anymore. Getting a HTTP error 10054. I think the layout of the channel-site might have changed. Could you please look into this?
I saw this guy posting the bug too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29746
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script)1