No ability to refresh movie info with Eden stable
Everything is working on my clean install of Eden onto windows 7 pro other than a problem I have whereby it is not possible to bring up the movie information screen so that I can 'refresh' movie information for the films that have scraped incorrectly. When the Info button is pressed on a movie, no window appears at all, however I do know its not my remote as it does work perfectly under TV Shows.

My content is set for Movies, and I have tried using a different scraper. Any ideas what I can do?
Have you tried using i on your keyboard just to ensure that it definitely isn't working?
Are you using the standard Confluence skin or a third-party one?
I dont use a keyboard, I use the MCE Remote to control the HTPC. The Information button works fine in TV Shows view, its just not working for movies. I use the standard verticle Confluence skin, Ive tried other skins but none of them work. Im thinking I may reinstall XBMC, if this isnt a known issue then maybe my install is corrupt in some way.
The default skin is the horizontal Confluence. Maybe give that a try

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-04-09, 11:59)marcus2704 Wrote: I dont use a keyboard, I use the MCE Remote to control the HTPC. The Information button works fine in TV Shows view, its just not working for movies. I use the standard verticle Confluence skin, Ive tried other skins but none of them work. Im thinking I may reinstall XBMC, if this isnt a known issue then maybe my install is corrupt in some way.

I've seen this before in Dharma and assume it's the same in Eden. It's usually caused by a disconnect of the thumbs hash. The remote info button doesn't work but "i" on a keyboard does. Can you use the context menu button then select Movie info? Reinstalling XBMC will not solve it. Don't you have a keyboard you can hook up temporarily? You can try deleting your video database and the thumbs folder but it will also wipe out your TV shows.

Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
I have tried this with a keyboard and it still doesnt work, If Im in the Media Info view of Movies, and press 'I' on the keyboard nothing happens. I just tried removing and then reinstalling XBMC but the same thing happens. I can get a contextual menu to appear but not the movie info which would allow me to 'refresh' an incorrectly scraped film.
(2012-04-09, 17:02)marcus2704 Wrote: I have tried this with a keyboard and it still doesnt work, If Im in the Media Info view of Movies, and press 'I' on the keyboard nothing happens. I just tried removing and then reinstalling XBMC but the same thing happens. I can get a contextual menu to appear but not the movie info which would allow me to 'refresh' an incorrectly scraped film.

Uninstalling does not touch your userdata folder so the issue will remain unless you delete MyVideos60.db and the Thumbnails/Video folder. If you want to start over entirely from scratch you can delete the userdata folder. XBMC will recreate everything when it's restarted. Are you sure your movie source is setup correctly, the scanner selected
and you ran a scan? You can either edit movie source and select the radio button for "Run Automated Scan" or "Update Library" from the context menu. It's possible that the movie titles are in the database without metadata and since the path hasn't changed the scanner doesn't do anything.
One thing you can try without wiping out everything is to move all your movies to a different folder, run "Clean Library", then change your movie source and run a scan This will clean out the records that don't have an existing file.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
My issue was resolved by renaming my UserData folder as suggested above, many thanks for your help.
I created a PowerShell script that will force a refresh of all of the movies while maintaining watched status and recent movies, etc... I don't know if it is 100%, but it seems to work for me.

http://smilerz91.blogspot.com/2012/04/md...brary.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No ability to refresh movie info with Eden stable0