Intermittent Scan lines Nvidia
Hi folks,

I'm hoping for some help here as I'm more than a little confused and I've kind of worked through everything to try and figure out what's going on. Right now with my current set up, my computer is being output through an Nvidia Geforce GT 430 card via HDMI to my Pioneer VSX-1018 receiver and from my receiver through HDMI to my tv. The Problem is though, it seems that recently Scan lines have been appearing in video files only during especially dark scenes. I've concluded that it's probably a software issue as these scan lines will appear at the exact same point in the same video file when displayed on my tv. When watching the same file on my monitor there are no scan lines. I have no idea how to remedy this issue and help would be much appreciated and if you need me to elaborate, I will do so.

Thanks.
First thing I'd do is skip the receiver and make sure that it is not causing the issue.

Without more information, I'm thinking those "scan lines" you see are interlacing artifacts. Are you playing the files in XBMC on both the monitor and the TV?
XBMC is set up to second full screen (1920X1080) on my Samsung DLP tv. I really can't explain the issue as it seems to not be a constant bother. Like say for instance showing up every 5 minutes or so. I have one benchmark scene where it happens every time the scene is on. In Apocalypse Now, when Martin Sheen first meets Marlon Brando and Brando sits up as he's talking to Sheen it happens 100% of the time. I've watched this same scene back on my PC with no issues. I've tried two different HDMI cables as well.

I've noticed too that I've needed to take off "enable hardware acceleration" as when I have it on it seems to be splitting the image in two copies at the top 1/8th of my screen. This has never happened previously.
this could be nvidias auto contrast "feature". Make sure it's off in the driver settings. Also read the Windows FAQ on the wiki about the two copies in 1/8th screen.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've turned it off in the driver settings but it still seems to be doing it except not so much. I was just watching the opening scene from "Drive" and it seems like it is now auto brightness despite the fact that I've made sure all auto everything is off. This seems to be really confusing and whats more is I never had this issue before maybe 2 or 3 months ago. The PC that I run XBMC on is a dedicated media server so it's not like I'm installing new programs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent Scan lines Nvidia0