Fluendo codecs
(First time poster)

Good day.

I've been reading/hearing quite a few good things about the Fluendo codecs, and I've been wondering:
1. Do I have anything to gain from installing them to use with XBMC?
2. Will it work? (I understand the codecs should be used with gstreamer, though I'm not sure what XBMC uses as backend)

I should note that I'm very happy with XBMC thus far (using NVidia ION), though someone stated to me "You don't know what you're missing, your vids can look SO much better with the right codecs". It sounded fishy though not completely out of sense, hence my question here.

Best regards.
XBMC doesn't care about any installed codecs. It provides its own by using ffmpeg as backend.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-11, 13:12)squigly Wrote: I should note that I'm very happy with XBMC thus far (using NVidia ION), though someone stated to me "You don't know what you're missing, your vids can look SO much better with the right codecs". It sounded fishy though not completely out of sense, hence my question here.
My first question to such a person would be to step up and have him show you how exactly your picture quality would be improved, and how you would go about installing those 'right' codecs. Until then, I would be highly sceptical.

Sounds like a smart-ass Windows user that knows nothing about Linux/XBMC/ffmpeg.

* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fluendo codecs0