• 2(current)
Testing help needed for Myth 0.25 support
(2012-04-18, 00:13)tsp42 Wrote: cspack: The source only includes the plain xbmc code, not the PVR branch.

Ok, that makes sense. How can I pull the PVR code in as well then so I can connect to my backend? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just need a bit of direction. Thanks.
I'll test tonight as well. I just built a test MythBuntu box; I'll update it to .25 then grab your branch off Github. I've been meaning to test it out with my HD-PVRs.

Does XBMC PVR still have timeshifting disabled? I know with some skins the pause button will work but I'm talking about actual timeshifting, Myth-style. Is that something you are working towards or does Dushmaniac need to do it?
(2012-04-17, 18:42)pyrodex Wrote: I don't have a build environment for XBMC on Windows but if you do provide some level of binary I can test this on my box. I have a MythTV backend using 0.25 (+fixes now) and will be able to validate the things required.

Also if you have a win32 compiled libcmyth.dll I could also test that since that is the hangups I had protocol wise personally with addons and getting myth to work.

I don't even have a Windows box so, unfortunately, I can't provide any binary. If anyone else here looking to test has a Windows machine they can build on they might be able to send you the libcmyth.dll after it's been built with the changes applied.

Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
For those asking how to test. Using the inbuilt myth:// protocol support will be easiest. If it works there it should work with the PVR Addon as well.

Details on the XBMC wiki at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV#Setup_in_XBMC
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
(2012-04-18, 08:46)dteirney Wrote: Using the inbuilt myth:// protocol support will be easiest. If it works there it should work with the PVR Addon as well.

I've just tried to copy libcmyth built from your branch to an installation of tsp's PVR branch. That doesn't work because of some API change. So I guess the easiest way to get tsp's branch working with 0.25, is to apply manually the last 8 commits to tsp's codebase. The patch for protocol 67 conflicts on a first try but I guess it shouldn't be too hard to integrate it. Didn't try it so far as I've been busy with other things yesterday.
So I was able to get an environment up to test 0.25 DLL and so far from my testing (little) LiveTV works and I was able to pause but the seeking back/forward doesn't seem to work when there is enough buffer to do those functions. I will test later tonight but so far LiveTV broke for me off the bat when I went from 0.24->0.25.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
I am testing the code with myth:// protocol and I am having hard time getting things working. However I might also have some issues with the mythtv setup because I just reinstalled everything and also changed platform from ubuntu to arch. So just to let you know that if something looks weard it might also be because of my setup Smile

Quote:General listing of recordings.
-I am able to see the recordings but there are no preview images.

Quote:Playback works correctly.
-I am not able to playback any of my recordings. Sometimes there is an error "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."
-Here is the xbmc.log while trying to play recordings http://pastebin.com/HWV84heE

Quote:LiveTV works (or at least not worse than it can sometimes be)
-Listing of channels work correctly and also the current programs are shown on the listing.
-I am able to watch live tv. Stop, pause, play and fast forward works.
-When I try to rewind it starts fast forwarding.
-Skipping seems to be also broken for me.
-Here is the xbmc.log while playing live tv. http://pastebin.com/ugachRqg

(2012-04-18, 17:42)takiaine Wrote: -I am not able to playback any of my recordings. Sometimes there is an error "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."
-Here is the xbmc.log while trying to play recordings http://pastebin.com/HWV84heE

Can you please check the configuration of MythTV and XBMC using the information provided at http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV#Setup
(2012-04-17, 20:27)tsp42 Wrote: Will you add
Code:
extern int/*or char*?*/ cmyth_proginfo_episode(cmyth_proginfo_t prog);
extern int/*or char*?*/ cmyth_proginfo_season(cmyth_proginfo_t prog);

That should already be in the changes that have been made. There's also one for the new inetref, but not sure what that would be used for.

(2012-04-17, 21:00)mzanetti Wrote: First of all! Thanks a lot. It works!

> Deleting recordings still works.
Hmm... I miss the delete entry in the context menu. Should that be there?

> LiveTV works (or at least not worse than it can sometimes be)
LiveTV works, including pausing. However, seeking seems not to work.It just doesn't do anything when trying to skip +30 secs after having paused LiveTV for about a minute. Should that work or is it disabled?

> Whatever else you have time to have a look at.
Seems to work quite well. Not sure if the guide should be able to start live TV. That doesn't work. Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/xyCEkL6r

Thanks for testing. There are notes in http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV about how to configure XBMC so delete of recordings can be enabled.

I hardly ever use LiveTV and don't think it even supports seeking using myth://

The Guide in myth:// is not particularly useful. It's a static list of content like an EPG. The display in the PVR Addon will be much more useful.

(2012-04-18, 09:12)mzanetti Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 08:46)dteirney Wrote: Using the inbuilt myth:// protocol support will be easiest. If it works there it should work with the PVR Addon as well.

I've just tried to copy libcmyth built from your branch to an installation of tsp's PVR branch. That doesn't work because of some API change. So I guess the easiest way to get tsp's branch working with 0.25, is to apply manually the last 8 commits to tsp's codebase. The patch for protocol 67 conflicts on a first try but I guess it shouldn't be too hard to integrate it. Didn't try it so far as I've been busy with other things yesterday.

tsp may have made some tweaks to libcmyth through his work on the addon. Once I get enough people to confirm that everything is working the changes will get committed to XBMC master. Those changes will then ripple through to opdenkamps PVR repository and then to tsps repository.

The patches should be pretty straight forward to apply. You will need to apply all of them for Myth 0.25 to work correctly.

Another option would be to add my myth-025 branch as a remote and pull the changes in from there.

(2012-04-18, 21:59)dteirney Wrote: That should already be in the changes that have been made. There's also one for the new inetref, but not sure what that would be used for.

That is the INTERNET REFERENCE ID which is basically the custom ID you can give to a recording profile that links it to thetvdb.com ID.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Hmmm still getting protocol issues??

07:12:05 T:2929036144 ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 72
07:12:05 T:2929036144 ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: failed to connect with any version

How do I check which version I'm running, did a git clone but maybe it's set to the wrong branch?
Rdoac: it is not an error. Livcmyth uses the return message to determine the mythtv version. You could say that the error is that it is reported as an error.
Libcmyth MythTV addon for xbmc-pvr [source] [forum thread]
Ok, but it says it's unplayable and returns to the menu..
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing help needed for Myth 0.25 support1