• 5(current)
Testing help needed for Myth 0.25 support
(2012-04-23, 14:04)rdoac Wrote: Here is a log for my xbmc setup missing analog hvr1600 channels..

http://pastebin.com/4cxDWJ4z

As an added, digital channels are all things like 3.1, 3.2, 11.1 11.2 etc while analog channels are 3, 4, 5, 6 etc..

Only the digital ones show up in a list.

I'll need to double check the code but my guess is that the channel number is an int and the 3.1 is being converted to 3 and then overwriting or not getting added proper like.

Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
(2012-04-23, 10:29)dteirney Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 20:01)cspack Wrote: Here's a full debug log from playing a recording through the myth:// protocol: Pastebin. If I play the same file from a samba share over the network it plays without stuttering.

EDIT: I noticed this message in the mythbackend log file on my backend server. Not sure if it's important but it comes up before selecting a recording for playback, not during playback:

2012-04-22 14:20:08.018795 C [1765/2281] ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1259 (HandleVersion) - MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 72!

Thanks for the log. Can you also post a log file with playback over SMB so I can compare. I might need to make some changes to CMythFile for some new caching stuff that seems to have been implemented. Have you been able to playback some of these recordings fine with Myth 0.24 or are these recordings fresh with Myth 0.25?

That error message in the mythbackend.log file is fine. We use a protocol version 8 message to determine what protocol the server actually supports - hence the error message.

Here is a full debug log with SMB playback Pastebin.
Any update by chance on the LiveTV Seek issue or anything else reported?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Seeking within LiveTV has never been supported by the myth:// protocol (pausing playback is all that is possible). I believe that tsp42's implementation of the PVR Addon may have introduced time shifting (aka seeking in a live stream).

I'll be installing tsp42's addon at the weekend onto our HTPC and will continue to migrate all of XBMC's changes to libcmyth to the upstream location and work with tsp to also get any changes he had made put into the upstream repository for libcmyth.

From the testing done thus far:
- 1 person has a problem with playback of recordings. It's not clear why that is the case. A number of other people have not experienced problems.
- 1 person has had problems with some channels not appearing. I'll look into this at the weekend, but I suspect it's because either libcmyth or the myth:// implementation in XBMC assumes that channel numbers are integers and not decimals.
- There were a number of other issues that ended up being related to configuration in some way.

I have one change to make now that the code has been reviewed by another XBMC team member. Once I've made that change it will become a merge request for XBMC master and should go in early May.
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
(2012-04-27, 01:14)dteirney Wrote: - 1 person has had problems with some channels not appearing. I'll look into this at the weekend, but I suspect it's because either libcmyth or the myth:// implementation in XBMC assumes that channel numbers are integers and not decimals.

Just some extra info.

I don't think it's the case of 13.1 overwriting 13 and I have no 16.x channel but 16 doesn't show. I wonder if it's to do with the channel type being flagged as something different. All my analog channels for instance use the same Frequency (as the pathetic cable box is modulated output only on VHF Ch 3)..
(2012-04-27, 01:14)dteirney Wrote: Seeking within LiveTV has never been supported by the myth:// protocol (pausing playback is all that is possible). I believe that tsp42's implementation of the PVR Addon may have introduced time shifting (aka seeking in a live stream).

I'll be installing tsp42's addon at the weekend onto our HTPC and will continue to migrate all of XBMC's changes to libcmyth to the upstream location and work with tsp to also get any changes he had made put into the upstream repository for libcmyth.

From the testing done thus far:
- 1 person has a problem with playback of recordings. It's not clear why that is the case. A number of other people have not experienced problems.
- 1 person has had problems with some channels not appearing. I'll look into this at the weekend, but I suspect it's because either libcmyth or the myth:// implementation in XBMC assumes that channel numbers are integers and not decimals.
- There were a number of other issues that ended up being related to configuration in some way.

I have one change to make now that the code has been reviewed by another XBMC team member. Once I've made that change it will become a merge request for XBMC master and should go in early May.

Does this mean it is going to be part of the PVR add on builds?
I've made the code changes that were requested by one of the other XBMC developers. So there has been a change to the commit history for my myth-0.25 branch. There shouldn't be any functional changes but if anyone wants to update and quickly check that would be great.

I'm starting to look at the problem with channels not showing up.
(2012-04-28, 13:07)dteirney Wrote: I've made the code changes that were requested by one of the other XBMC developers. So there has been a change to the commit history for my myth-0.25 branch. There shouldn't be any functional changes but if anyone wants to update and quickly check that would be great.

I'm starting to look at the problem with channels not showing up.

Tried with issues:
Code:
root@beast:/source/xbmc# git pull
remote: Counting objects: 64, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (8/8), done.
remote: Total 51 (delta 42), reused 51 (delta 42)
Unpacking objects: 100% (51/51), done.
From https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc
+ 5da878c...513b6a6 myth-0.25  -> origin/myth-0.25  (forced update)
Auto-merging lib/cmyth/libcmyth/bookmark.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/cmyth/libcmyth/bookmark.c
Auto-merging lib/cmyth/libcmyth/connection.c
Auto-merging lib/cmyth/libcmyth/file.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/cmyth/libcmyth/file.c
Auto-merging lib/cmyth/libcmyth/socket.c
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
root@beast:/source/xbmc#
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
For anyone trying to update their branch you'll probably need to do a hard reset using git since the update was forced and there are probably conflicts with files already on the local system. Or just delete the local files in the libcmyth directory and then do a git pull.
For those people not seeing channels show up. Are they channels from the Live TV listing or the Guide.

If it's from the Live TV listing do you have any Tuner numbers > 16 in mythbackend. The source at the moment only enumerates Tuners up to number 16. Could be a problem for anyone that has a number of tuners using multiplexing.
Source ID is 13 for my missing channels, have deleted the git tree and starting again as I had the same problem described earlier. Should have it up and running in an hour or so..

As an aside, neither this version or the current pvr tree play my slingbox very well anymore. Lots of picture freezing. I know it's nothing to do with these additions and probably some decoding of the slingbox wmv codecs, but it's a showstopper until it gets resolved. Thankfully I have an old pvr tree on hand to get this working. I wrote a comment in the appropriate forum but appears to have falled on deaf ears. If someone wants to look at this I can PM them slingbox details.

Rob
Ooops, looks like I'm out for a while, Gentoo updated to 0.25 (I thought)

12:09:27 T:2996143936 DEBUG: AquireSession - Aquired existing MythTV session: 0xac6d9060
12:09:27 T:2996143936 ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 73
12:09:27 T:2996143936 ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: failed to connect with any version
12:09:27 T:2996143936 ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server on 192.168.2.10:6543
12:09:27 T:2996143936 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting myth://mythtv:[email protected]/
12:09:27 T:2996143936 DEBUG: ReleaseSession - Releasing MythTV session: 0xac6d9060
12:09:27 T:2996143936 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(myth://mythtv:[email protected]/) faile
d
12:09:27 T:2996143936 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (sources://video/)
Back up and running after downgrading to Myth 0.25 and restoring the DB. The latest git doesn't seem to want to play a channel, I get the filesize updates etc in the log but no picture. Old git still works as before (on remote frontend).

Log here: http://pastebin.com/p8wFfxVr

Note Analog channels still missing in line up, but there in log..
Looks like I was too slow. Just added support for protocol 73.

https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/commit/...f9854cd098

I messed up part of the error handling with the movement of stuff. Can you please update and try again.

And to confirm the problem with the analog channels. Are they missing from the list of Live TV channels or the Guide?
Just recompiled and tested.. The Guide shows those channels, it's live TV that doesn't. Although I get three lots of channel 27 instead of 27.1 WKOW_DT 27.2 METV 27.3 ThisTV etc.

Over here the frequency the channel used to appear on when it was analog is the first number, and the program number in the multiplex is the second. (So in DVB talk, it's the SID). MythTV when your entering channels (and a set top box) allows you to compress them, so to get 27.1 you type 271. That might be something you can check for? However, the second part can get long, especially when dealing with Clear-Qam, I have a channel that is something like 110.103.

Logs are here:

http://pastebin.com/cVYSiZZs
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testing help needed for Myth 0.25 support1