A method/button to switch to file view easily
Before you jump down my throat, hear me out. Smile

From my perspective, I'm only thinking about debugging items that don't show up in the library, or when you are wanting to put things in the library and your testing your naming conventions, nfos etc... A way to switch to file view and back to library view of the folder/playlist you are in would be handy. However i also see quite a few people that love and prefer file view to the library (I used to be one of them, but now I love the library).

Unless I'm mistaken, currently you have to go to the sub menu item, Files, under movies/videos to get to this, or you can keep going to "Parent Directory" once in your collection to get to the "Files" option.

What about being able to switch in and out of file view, of the current video/folder you are in, at the touch of a keyboard button?

Any merit in this?
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
Confluence has a "Files" button in the submenu of "Videos" for just this purpose.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi jmarshall,

I know, but I was thinking of the following scenario:

1) Go into your videos/movies/tv shows collection
2) You want to go to Files View
3) Currently you have to parent directory a few times to get to this, or go back to the main menu, and go to the submenu of Videos to get to Files.

I was wondering if there was any merit in being able to map a key to take you to File View of the source you are currently in straight away. And, of course, pressing the same key takes you straight back to library view...

No good?
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A method/button to switch to file view easily0