• 5(current)
[RELEASE] XBMCFlix-o-mate
Thank You for the new version. I removed the previous version, laid down the new version and rebooted. I see you have auto fullscreen according to the documentation. The video still does not go full screen. Do I need to configure something?

Here is the debug output:

AutoITdebug: Script Variables:
AutoITdebug: $ScriptsDir: C:\script
AutoITdebug: $SikuliDir:
AutoITdebug: $JavaDir:
AutoITdebug: $netFlixTogglePlayHotKey: {SPACE}
AutoITdebug: $netFlixFF: >
AutoITdebug: $netFlixRewind: <
AutoITdebug: $netFlixTerminate: Q
AutoITdebug: $XBMCFlixomateExit: X
AutoITdebug: $netFlixLaunchHotKey: O
AutoITdebug: Java location gathered from registry: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bi
n
AutoITdebug: Java file found at registry location!
AutoITdebug: $SikuliDir c:\Program Files\Sikuli X
AutoITdebug: Sikuli file found at above location!
AutoITdebug: run("C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\Java.exe" -jar sikuli-ide.jar -
r"C:\script\XBMCFlix-o-mate.sikuli" --args debug,c:\Program Files\Sikuli X)
[info] Sikuli vision engine loaded.
[info] Windows utilities loaded.
[info] VDictProxy loaded.
Sikuli debug: ControlBarRegion defined as: 0,614,1024,154
[log] toggle highlight Region[0,614 1024x154]@Screen(0)[0,0 1024x768] E:Y, T:3.0
E:Y, T:3.0: true
Sikuli debug: NextEpisodeRegion defined as: 307,230,410,308
[log] toggle highlight Region[307,230 410x308]@Screen(0)[0,0 1024x768] E:Y, T:3.
0 E:Y, T:3.0: true
Sikuli debug: TestEpisodeRegion defined as: 512,384,62,85
[log] toggle highlight Region[512,384 62x85]@Screen(0)[0,0 1024x768] E:Y, T:3.0
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT O
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT F
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT N
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT B
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT T
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT J
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT H
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT K
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT A
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT Q
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT X
Sikuli debug: in netFlixLaunch (O+11)
AutoITdebug: keys sent: C+A+S+O
AutoITdebug: newNFLaunchFlag set to: 0
Sikuli debug: loading movie
Sikuli debug: loaded movie
Sikuli debug: in goNextEpisode (N+11)
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (164,713)
Sikuli debug: Click Skip Episode result: 1
Sikuli debug: in toggleNetFlixFullScreen (F+11)
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (883,677)
Sikuli debug: Click Full Screen result (manual toggle): 1
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (958,747)
AutoITdebug: Received C+A+S+Q for Netflix termination
AutoITdebug: closed iexplore.exe
AutoITdebug: newNFLaunchFlag set to: 1

After the video started playing I did:

ctrl+alt+shift+n for next video(Skipped to next video, but still no full screen).

ctrl+alt+shift+f for fullscreen(This worked).

ctrl+alt+shift+f to exit fullscreen(This worked).

ctrl+alt+shift+q to quit(This worked).
(2012-05-13, 03:17)kevev Wrote: Thank You for the new version. I removed the previous version, laid down the new version and rebooted. I see you have auto fullscreen according to the documentation. The video still does not go full screen. Do I need to configure something?

Here is the debug output:
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (958,747)

After the video started playing I did:

ctrl+alt+shift+n for next video(Skipped to next video, but still no full screen).

ctrl+alt+shift+f for fullscreen(This worked).

ctrl+alt+shift+f to exit fullscreen(This worked).

ctrl+alt+shift+q to quit(This worked).

Ok...so I took a look at this again. I had some issues with certain resolutions. I had done a lot of my testing outside of XBMC (just launching Netflix in IE) and had not always remembered to put my IE in Kiosk/Full screen mode (F11), which is how XBMC launches it. Because of this, some of the scan regions were off at certain resolutions.

However your tests are not entirely accurate. It is not possible that CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F worked for you to GO INTO full screen, because the button would not be in the scan region. You can see this in your output above where it says:

[log] CLICK on (512,384)

That shows that although you tried to toggle full screen, nothing happened. Now, it is possible that the way you were hitting the keys you also then just hit the "F" key by itself which is Netflix's built in Full Screen key... Once in Full Screen the Full Screen button would have been visible in the scan region...so when you see in your log:

[log] CLICK on (958,747)

That shows that it clicked near the corner of your screen and the result (1) was a success. The lack of a second "Sikuli debug: in toggleNetFlixFullScreen (F+11)" may have indicated you were doing things too fast as well. Normal circumstances wouldn't have you changing these things within a second or two of each other (no reason to keep toggling full screen unless testing...). So, when doing testing you should always wait about 5-10 seconds in between giving it commands. In reality (and non-debug mode) you can usually go very quickly, but not for testing's sake...

In any event, I have upped a new 1.5b version which should fix the scan regions on the 1024x768 resolution as well as with some other minor things I found.

Let me know how it works out.
.peace out.
I tested the new version. Still no auto fullscreen. Sad

Here is some debug output:

AutoITdebug: Script Variables:
AutoITdebug: $ScriptsDir: C:\script
AutoITdebug: $SikuliDir:
AutoITdebug: $JavaDir:
AutoITdebug: $netFlixTogglePlayHotKey: {SPACE}
AutoITdebug: $netFlixFF: >
AutoITdebug: $netFlixRewind: <
AutoITdebug: $netFlixTerminate: Q
AutoITdebug: $XBMCFlixomateExit: X
AutoITdebug: $netFlixLaunchHotKey: O
AutoITdebug: Java location gathered from registry: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bi
n
AutoITdebug: Java file found at registry location!
AutoITdebug: $SikuliDir c:\Program Files\Sikuli X
AutoITdebug: Sikuli file found at above location!
AutoITdebug: run("C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\Java.exe" -jar sikuli-ide.jar -
r"C:\script\XBMCFlix-o-mate.sikuli" --args debug,c:\Program Files\Sikuli X)
[info] Sikuli vision engine loaded.
[info] Windows utilities loaded.
[info] VDictProxy loaded.
Sikuli debug: ControlBarRegion defined as: 0,568,1024,200
Sikuli debug: NetflixLogoRegion defined as: 358,192,308,231
Sikuli debug: NextEpisodeRegion defined as: 512,337,62,132
[log] toggle highlight Region[0,568 1024x200]@Screen(0)[0,0 1024x768] E:Y, T:3.0
[log] toggle highlight Region[358,192 308x231]@Screen(0)[0,0 1024x768] E:Y, T:3.
0 E:Y, T:3.0: true
[log] toggle highlight Region[512,337 62x132]@Screen(0)[0,0 1024x768] E:Y, T:3.0
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT O
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT F
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT N
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT B
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT T
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT J
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT H
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT K
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT A
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT Q
[info] add hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT X
AutoITdebug: keys sent: C+A+S+O
AutoITdebug: newNFLaunchFlag set to: 0
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (164,713)
Sikuli debug: Click Next Episode result (Skip): 1
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (883,677)
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (958,747)
Sikuli debug: Click Exit Full Screen result: 1
[log] CLICK on (164,713)
AutoITdebug: Received C+A+S+Q for Netflix termination
AutoITdebug: newNFLaunchFlag set to: 1

I did:

ctrl+alt+shift+n

ctrl+alt+shift+f

ctrl+alt+shift+n

ctrl+alt+shift+q

All with about 15 seconds between. The mount pointer will automatically go to the next button and click it, then return to the center of the screen. It never goes to click on full screen. When I do the ctrl+alt+shift+F it will go to the fullscreen button and click on it. I have a feeling we are getting close.
(2012-05-16, 08:23)kevev Wrote: All with about 15 seconds between. The mount pointer will automatically go to the next button and click it, then return to the center of the screen. It never goes to click on full screen. When I do the ctrl+alt+shift+F it will go to the fullscreen button and click on it. I have a feeling we are getting close.

Can you take a full screen screen shot (prt-screen) of your screen directly after the next episode starts (and you say the full screen isn't working)? Upload it somewhere in full size somewhere for me.

Also, try running Netflix in IE outside of XBMC. When running in debug mode you will see several red rectangles outlining the scan areas. These will only show when you are not in full screen (because Silverlight goes fully to the foreground). I want to know if the bottom rectangle covers your full screen button. If you can take a screen shot of the rectangles and post that too would be good.

thanks.
.peace out.
(2012-05-16, 14:45)bengalih Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 08:23)kevev Wrote: All with about 15 seconds between. The mount pointer will automatically go to the next button and click it, then return to the center of the screen. It never goes to click on full screen. When I do the ctrl+alt+shift+F it will go to the fullscreen button and click on it. I have a feeling we are getting close.

Can you take a full screen screen shot (prt-screen) of your screen directly after the next episode starts (and you say the full screen isn't working)? Upload it somewhere in full size somewhere for me.

Also, try running Netflix in IE outside of XBMC. When running in debug mode you will see several red rectangles outlining the scan areas. These will only show when you are not in full screen (because Silverlight goes fully to the foreground). I want to know if the bottom rectangle covers your full screen button. If you can take a screen shot of the rectangles and post that too would be good.

thanks.

The bottom rectangle does surround the fullscreen button. I will get the screen shot for you tonight and test via IE.

I've been looking over your log some more and there is one part that I'm just not sure about.

When i set my screen res to 1024x768 I get pretty much the same results that you get, with the exception that my Auto Full Screen works, so I have some additional data in my logs that reflects this. But, that aside, there is this bit of mystery. Let's compare logs:

Yours:

Code:
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (958,747)
[log] CLICK on (164,713)

Mine

Code:
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (958,747)
[log] CLICK on (97,628)
[log] CLICK on (950,592)
Sikuli debug: Click Full Screen result (new launch): 1

So, first, let's explain whats going on here.... This is CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+N to go to a new episode. It really doesn't matter if you run this from within Full Screen or not, since in order to show the next episode button, Netflix needs to be taken out of full screen...so after that things would continue the same. So let me comment on each line:

Basically shows that we received the hotkey command to advance the episode
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
Does a mouse click at the center of the screen (1024/2, 768/2). This is to bring the menu at the bottom of the screen up.
[log] CLICK on (958,747)
Does a mouse click on the Exit Full Screen Button. This is to put Netflix in non Full Screen so we can make the skip button visible. Since this shows in both our logs I can deduce that we were both in Full Screen mode when pressing the hotkey.
Shows that the click is successful (as it will almost always be assuming the line above shows a click).
[log] CLICK on (97,628)
This is where it clicks on the skip button (little triangle) to advance an episode (more on this below...)
Says that clicking the button was successful (again it should always be if the above Click line was present)
This tells us that the netFlixLaunch routine was entered. Technically the "O" hotkey is not being sent by us, but automatically being sent by XBMCFoM because we advanced an episode, so it is telling itself a new episode was launched.
This means it found the NETFLIX logo on the screen
This means the NETFLIX logo has disappeared (in other words, the movie is done loading)
[log] CLICK on (950,592)
Sikuli debug: Click Full Screen result (new launch): 1

These last two lines (which you are missing) shows that there was a click around the bottom right of the screen - which means that the Full Screen button was found and clicked on. Following the click is the confirmation of success.

So, obviously it would appear that your Full Screen Button isn't found. What I don't understand is your coordinates look off, and I don't understand why/how this can be if we are running at the same resolution. So I need your help to track it down. For example, when XBMCFoM clicks on the skip button, I get:

[log] CLICK on (97,628)

but you get...

[log] CLICK on (164,713)

Below is a screen shot of what this means. The red dot indicates where my triangle is (and where the click happens), the yellow dot indicates yours:

Additionally if you look at what we get when doing a manual fullscreen (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F), I get this:

Code:
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (962,599)

You get:

Code:
[log] CLICK on (512,384)
[log] CLICK on (883,677)

Here is another pic to reflect that:

So it appears that your buttons are well below and inset from where mine are. Now they would appear to still fall within the red rectangle of the control bar zone, so I would think it would still be clicked...but something is definitely strange with this. I need to know why your buttons are appearing in different places as running with the same browser with the same resolution I would expect them to be in the same place. As I said, even out of place I still think they should be clicked as they are in the zone)....but this might help us track down a better clue.

If you have another machine to try this on, I would also suggest that (you can set it on 1024x768 to test). I will be trying it on another system of mine with 1024x768 as a double check. I also will try to post a video of my experience so you can compare it to yours in terms of button placement, etc...

UPDATE: Hmmm well ok, so I went back in the thread and grabbed a pick you posted and compared the two:

I think this has something to do with the fact that you must be using a 4:3 monitor and I am using a 16:9.
When I set my resolution to 1024x768 I get two big black bars on both sides of my screen to simulate a 4:3 ratio....

UPDATE: Never mind the last thing...I figured that out...it is because Sponge Bob is only streaming in 4:3 and all my tests have been with HD shows (like American Pickers in my examples above). I tested with Sponge Bob and i get the same view you do....so pretty much everything I said above about your coordinates being off should not matter.

I posted a video of me watching SpongeBob and using XBMCFoM. Everything works for me. In the video the only time I am moving the mouse on my own is to move the little recorder bar and then also to advance the video quickly to the end to test next episode.

At this point I really have no idea why this wouldn't be working for you....so I will need you to review all of the above data and make sure you understand how we are working and then think about anything you might have running or configured that could change any of this.

As I type this I am thinking that there may be one other possible reason and that is some sort of delay in checking for the Full Screen button. I timeout pretty quickly as it is CPU intensive to keep scanning for the buttons, but I'm wondering if this is your issue. Let me look at the logs and code again and if I think this may work I will adjust the timeouts and post a test version.
.peace out.
OK - so I suppose the timeout is a possible cause. I have created a test version for you to try.

Download here. All that is enclosed is the XBMCFlix-o-mate.sikuli folder, so just delete the existing one and replace with this.

I have added a new setting in the user variables called Settings.myButtonTimeout.
It is currently defaulting to 3 seconds, which should be more than enough (previously the value was one second).

If this doesn't do it, I really am at a bit of an impasse as to what it could be...

UPDATE: BTW I noticed that even in non-debug mode the mouse cursor is moving (as opposed to quickly jumping) to its click points. This will be fixed in the next release (hopefully tonight/tomorrow).
.peace out.
ThankYou for the quick response. I will test all of this tonight. I am using my 42" 720p TV. It supports 1024x768 as its native resolution according to its EDID.
(2012-05-16, 19:45)kevev Wrote: It supports 1024x768 as its native resolution.

ick Smile

Hopefully you got that many years ago or on a real good deal. Not sure why anyone who wants to use a system primarily for video doesn't go with native 720 or 1080...but that's just me.

In any event, I can't see that in itself as an issue. Obviously the Full Screen image is able to be found (as is evident by the fact that manual CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F works)...let's hope it is just the timing issue and the above tweak fixes it.
.peace out.
Ha! Ya, it was a clearanced display model. Got the warranty and already used it once. What can I say, I'm a cheap skate.
Well, this is just too funny. I installed 1.6 and what do ya know.....Netflix goes and updates the player on us. I guess it will be a while for a new release? Tongue

At least the video is auto-stretching to fill the screen weather it is fullscreen or not.
Yeah...this is sucky. I didn't realize this till you mentioned it and went and checked it out.

At first, I thought it wouldn't be too hard to update my script...and in actuality some of the ways they laid the control bar out provided for some simplification in the script. I updated the images and some scan regions, and tested this at several resolutions on my laptop - things seemed to work well. When i moved it over to my big screen (1920x1080) things wouldn't work. It was at this point (after much trial and error) I realized that they are not scaling the images properly with every resolution. To complicate things further, even at the same resolution the images can change size depending on how you are looking at it (non-full screen, full-screen, kiosk (F11) mode). I have been working at how to integrate this into the script short of having to hard-code in every single possibility...although this may be the only solution. If that is the case, the script won't be quite as flexible (it will also be a pain in the ass to test it through XBMC all the time).

There are also some other things that I won't be able to rectify: They removed the back button - so no more skipping back to a previous episode. They left the skip forward button in, but it now only lets you move to the end of a season, after which you need to use the new fangled menu option to select a new season.

I have the call in for some assistance in trying to deduce how to best deal with the resolution issues. I hope to have something by the end of the weekend.

On the plus side, you are right - as it seems that when opening IE in Kiosk mode (which is what XBMCFlicks does) that the Netflix image already goes into full-screen. When you take this into account, it seems the only thing that XBMCFoM will now do for you is:
  • Advance to next episode - nice, but still can navigate episodes 100% with remote by going back into XBMCFlicks
  • Control volume - nice I suppose for those without receivers - but this function only barely worked as it was
  • Enable English subtitles - limited use

I would still like to get this working (at least to know I can), but to be honest, at this point the auto-full screen was the only thing I really needed, the rest was put in as some requests or because it was easy enough to do.

Let me hear some feedback to anyone who still wants to use this app, and why...or I may decide to just let it die.

Oh well, it was a fun exercise for me, and without it I never would have found out about Sikuli, which I'm sure I'll use again in the future.
.peace out.
Hey, I just wanted to comment-- this app is still incredibly useful to me.

I'm hard of hearing, and I have a custom XBMC setup solely so that I can control subtitles with things like Netflix better.

I use EventGhost controls to map the remote in when the task switches to Internet Explorer, so basic things like pause are fine with key mappings.

But, the ability to turn subtitles on or off is tremendously important to me. Otherwise, I can't really use this setup.

So, I might be only one vote, but I would tremendously appreciate it if you were able to put a little time into XBMCFLix-o-mate so the remaining controls (like enabling subtitles) can in fact work.

Thank you again for all your hard work on this so far. I really, really appreciate it.

(Also, FWIW, I use my setup with 1080P / 1920x1080. I imagine most other folks these days are as well. So only handling that resolution would certainly be enough for me.)
You have my vote to continue development.

Without auto-fullscreen we will have to find a way to hide the mouse pointer.

Here is some autoit code:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/...ntry695073

or

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/...ntry578668

The comment by ssubirias3 talks about using the _MouseTrap() UDF. I haven't coded in AutoIT in a while, so it would take me a while to whip something up if you needed.

Also auto-play next video would be nice. We can leave it playing all day if desired. The volume control is a nice feature to have too.
(2012-05-18, 08:48)MonsieurPoirot Wrote: But, the ability to turn subtitles on or off is tremendously important to me. Otherwise, I can't really use this setup.
Thank you again for all your hard work on this so far. I really, really appreciate it.

(Also, FWIW, I use my setup with 1080P / 1920x1080. I imagine most other folks these days are as well. So only handling that resolution would certainly be enough for me.)

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, it is the higher resolutions (seems anything above like 1280x800) is where the problems start and will require the most amount of work.

(2012-05-18, 15:10)kevev Wrote: You have my vote to continue development.

Without auto-fullscreen we will have to find a way to hide the mouse pointer.

Here is some autoit code:

Also auto-play next video would be nice. We can leave it playing all day if desired. The volume control is a nice feature to have too.

Ah yes I forgot about the mouse...I did notice that and that it was necessary to go full screen to get rid of it. I don't like the idea of doing it with AutoIt - and without looking at the code too much I have a feeling that it would also be cumbersome and problematic in its own right (not just AutoIt but actually "hiding" the cursor).

As far as the auto-play is concerned, unfortunately (as per my last post) you can't leave it playing all day...only until the end of a season - at which point you would have to manually select the next season in the list. UPDATE: I was wrong about this...it will continue to advance to the next season when done with one!

I think that the only solution is to actually account for all scenarios of resolution, which is going to be a huge pain in the arse. Previously this app would work with all resolutions I tested, regardless of full screen/non/kiosk. If I continue down this road I think I will have to limit it to simply FULL SCREEN kiosk implementation which is what most XBMC users will use.

I may use the default Netflix method ("F") to bring it into full screen - and then I only need to account for one set of icons at each resolution (and hopefully only 2 sets - a high res and a low).

The new interface is actually easier in the sense that you don't need to take it OUT of full screen to access certain controls (like Next episode).

I will be taking a look over the weekend and hopefully I will have something usable over the next couple days.
.peace out.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMCFlix-o-mate5