How do I install the Experience More mod?
I've never installed a modded skin before.

how do i install this?

im running eden with the Xperience 1080 skin just now.

do i need to install the original Xperience skin and then copy and past the zipped files into the skin folder?

if i DO need the original Xperience then how do i get that, because the links in the op of the RELEASE thread are dead and in the passion repositry it is marked as broken so the install button is greyed out.

I just want to try out Xperience More instead of Xperience 1080 for a while, but I don't know how to do it.
Download the zip file from github page by clicking the "ZIP" button (here is the direct link).
Go to your addon manager and choose "Install from zip file" and point where you save the downloaded Xperience More zip file. When XBMC finishes the installation just change the skin in the Apeareance tab.

Cheers
Nessus
thanks for posting a reply mate. i had tried 1000 different solutions and hadnt even thought of trying something that obvious! whoops.

Does Experience More not have a metro view?

My perfect skin would be the Xperience 1080 metro view on the home page with all the Xperience More views everywhere else.

its a long shot but is that possible?
No. It's not on my intentions and will never be.
With all the respect to Black's excellent work in my opinion, metro home style it is totally different with the overall style of the skin plus that personally i don't like it.

Cheers
Nessus
Possible to install on an atv2 ?
after downloading and installing via zip file i just see the text and if i leave the systemsmenu theres just a black screen...using eden 11.0
thx in advance
I pushed some changes today that are related with these kind of issues. Download again from git and before you install again delete all the entries about "skin.xperience.More" in guisettings.xml.

Please let me know if everything is ok.

Cheers
Nessus
hi nessus,
thx for your fast reply- unfortunately nothing has changed. deleted already the whole file (xml) and installed the zip file again. takes quite a lot until it asks for a skin change. if i press yes it shows again the black screen (just the withe writing is shown up)
thx anyway...

Edit: just reinstalled xbmc from scratch on...no difference behavior after installing your awesome skin.
Maybe is the same problem with this.

Can you post a full debug log please ?
Worked! Thx a lot - just one more question. any chance to deactivate the fanart in the movieoverview view? just have an atv2 and im quite sure that its to weak to show every fanart while scrolling trough my movies. thx in advance
There is a setting in Customization/Backgrounds "Disable Fanart (All Sections)" to disable fanart other than that you have to do extra coding.

Cheers
Nessus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I install the Experience More mod?0